Confirmed Trade: [BOS/FLA] Frank Vatrano for 2018 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Doesn’t have dan paille speed. Franks best case was Peverley with a better shot. So far he has the better shot, but he doesn’t have the iq

I don't think he's anything like Peverley.

I've always thought Chuck Kobasew.... if we're going with former Bruins. Before the injuries and age took its toll. 20/20 guy with great shot and simple north-south approach.

Reactions: Grasshopperking

TJF

Feb 27, 2002
London, ON
Visit site
I see Matt Fraser, great shot, decent speed could score goals at will at the AHL level but could never find the space to successfully get his shot off at the NHL level.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I see Matt Fraser, great shot, decent speed could score goals at will at the AHL level but could never find the space to successfully get his shot off at the NHL level.

Vatrano has averaged about 2.4 shots/per game over his career. So basically just under 200 shots a season. He averages 11:58 per game for his career. He can get it off.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Why would Panthers get an top AHL player for 3rd,nuts.
- thou theyve been crazy past year or so, so why not.

After that 100+ season....man was i wrong with my predictions
what the h happened to Panthers after that season.

---

No room for this guy in top 9 for that Panthers roster
if more trades won't follow. If they trade of one of their
3rd liners, perhaps then.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

He averages quite a few shots per game actually. That's encouraging in itself, and worth a flyer.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Why would Panthers get an top AHL player for 3rd,nuts.
- thou theyve been crazy past year or so, so why not.

After that 100+ season....man was i wrong with my predictions
what the h happened to Panthers after that season.

---

No room for this guy in top 9 for that Panthers roster
if more trades won't follow. If they trade of one of their
3rd liners, perhaps then.
Oh there's definitely a spot open on the third line. McGinn, Vrbata, Mamin, Brickley have been rotating there with very little success - any of their spots are up for the grabs. If we have too many players, waive Vrbata or trade him for a 7th round pick in 2020, I don't care.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I don't think he's anything like Peverley.

I've always thought Chuck Kobasew.... if we're going with former Bruins. Before the injuries and age took its toll. 20/20 guy with great shot and simple north-south approach.
He has great hands?

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
He's definitely an I terresting player. It's hard to ignore his scoring in the AHL but he never seemed up to speed in the Bs.

I bet he'd turn into a Ryder with the right linemates. Streaky secondary scorer but still valuable. His shot is undeniable

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
He's definitely an I terresting player. It's hard to ignore his scoring in the AHL but he never seemed up to speed in the Bs.

I bet he'd turn into a Ryder with the right linemates. Streaky secondary scorer but still valuable. His shot is undeniable

He needs someone to get him the puck and I believe he just needs time in the NHL. He got a chance in Boston but not everyone develops at the same pace so he was being passed by more than a few players and the next bunch of prospects is probably ready for their shot at the NHL now. He just wasn't getting any time in Boston outside of the odd injury fill in spot. If they waived him to send him to the AHL I think he would have been picked up by the first team that had a chance to do so.

This could be a great thing for him and Florida if Florida can give him a shot and some time. I am pulling for him to do well.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Great pickup. A lot of teams are going to be kicking themselves for not beating this offer.

He's going to be a 20-goal guy. Unreal, all-world shot and he can fly. In the right situation he could be a really, really good scorer.

Shame he was hurt so much last year when he had a real shot in Boston. HF has written him off and most Boston fans too but it's a mistake.

Nailed it.

Reactions: 63 others

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
IMO Boston has a few young forwards like this guy that don’t get much ice time but would actually produce if they were used more.

Heinen, Donato, Cehlarik, Bjork, JFK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad