Confirmed Trade: [BOS/FLA] Frank Vatrano for 2018 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
The first deal was Jillson for Boyes, then Buffalo dealt Brown and Elmre for Jillson. It was listed as a three-way deal, but it was a two-stager. Boston and Buffalo did not deal directly with one another.

McNab-Savard was due to Savard signing as a free agent and McNab was award as compensation to the Bruins. It wasn't a trade.

HOW DARE YOU SAY I'M WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Anyway - as for the McNab deal I always thought that Buffalo and Boston worked out the compensation ( which is why I still consider it more of a trade than anything else ) instead of Buffalo offering McNab and the NHL agreeing with them.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
HOW DARE YOU SAY I'M WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Anyway - as for the McNab deal I always thought that Buffalo and Boston worked out the compensation ( which is why I still consider it more of a trade than anything else ) instead of Buffalo offering McNab and the NHL agreeing with them.

I'm old, it's all I have. :P

I've dug a bit on the compensation for it and it seems like it was a league thing. I recall my father being PO'd about it -- he was a big McNab fan, but there was also an issue with his contract negotiations too. Sort of a lesser take on what the Wings and Kings had to work out around Dionne, but I'm treading on 42-year old memories of it as well... where did the time go?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
as a fan of the leafs and someone who hates the Bruins, I find my selves shocked how well their management has been drafting and developing players for the past 3-4 years. They have had an infusion of youth onto their team with strong elite veterans still on the team to support the rookies for when they hit slumps. A couple seasons ago Boston looked like the habs and someone like vatrano would be considered a core piece(or someone who was too valuable to trade way due to lack of young talent). This move will allow the Bruins to go after a rick nash, or Grabner. Smart drafting has helped them retool/rebuild on the go.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
Just got home. As a few other Bruin fans have said I really like Vatrano. I think this is a very smart move by Florida. If he can put his game together, which basically means if he can develop mentally into a more consistent player and make smarter decisions than he could end up a real solid winger. Already has a very solid NHL shot, good straight line speed, hits hard, has a good motor. Just gets lost sometimes in his assignments and like I said, decision making needs to improve. That type of stuff can come with time though.

I think worse case scenario you have a good 4th liner who can hit and shoot. Best case, 2nd line winger who pots 20-25 a season. Smart pickup by Florida.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

tankisbad

May 31, 2013
as a fan of the leafs and someone who hates the Bruins, I find my selves shocked how well their management has been drafting and developing players for the past 3-4 years. They have had an infusion of youth onto their team with strong elite veterans still on the team to support the rookies for when they hit slumps. A couple seasons ago Boston looked like the habs and someone like vatrano would be considered a core piece(or someone who was too valuable to trade way due to lack of young talent). This move will allow the Bruins to go after a rick nash, or Grabner. Smart drafting has helped them retool/rebuild on the go.

The rebuild on the fly began to take off when Benning left :P

Canucks fan here :)

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Sad he was traded and in his thread theres more talk about the name tag a ranger would get than there is well wishes for this bruin

But in grand scheme of things he really under impressed us.

In old days we had a couple kids in Boston... dave pasin... brandon bochinski. Both scored crazy amount of goals in lesser leagues. Both were pretty much useless at nhl

I want to like guys with a wicked shot but very few guys will thrive at nhl as 1 trick ponies

I used to hope vatrano could be the second coming of brett hull. But now i suspect his success after leaving boston will be the same as pasin or bochenski

For his sake i hope im wrong. Seemed like a nice kid. But im blown away we didnt end up waiving him

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore

Is your split personality why you're a Leafs fan?

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
This is so sad. Vatrano has the most potential I've seen in awhile. Constantly thinking... This is the day he is going to break out but was always in the doghouse for lapses.

Best case: Vanek circa buffalo (elite snapshot and high end speed)

Worst case: Dan paille without a brain (he has the tools but got some reason looks lost)

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I still think he's going to be a player. Fast north-south middle six winger who can pop 15-25. He also has that wide stocky build and can be a menace when he starts throwing his weight around.

18 goals/29 points in his first 74 NHL games. Nothing out of this world, but for a 1st/2nd year pro at 21-22, it looked promising. It's been a struggle finding a role the past 30 or so.

His future in Boston was pretty much over. There's no room for him on he wing this year and certainly not next year. Mostly due to the emergence of Heinen and DeBrusk. Even if there were an injury, I feel like they'd prefer to dip into Providence for a game ready body. Tough spot to be in as a young 13th forward who has to pass through waivers. Good to get a decent pick because that's where this was headed next fall.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
This is so sad. Vatrano has the most potential I've seen in awhile. Constantly thinking... This is the day he is going to break out but was always in the doghouse for lapses.

Best case: Vanek circa buffalo (elite snapshot and high end speed)

Worst case: Dan paille without a brain (he has the tools but got some reason looks lost)

Doesn’t have dan paille speed. Franks best case was Peverley with a better shot. So far he has the better shot, but he doesn’t have the iq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad