Confirmed Trade: [BOS/ANA] Ondrej Kase for David Backes (25% retained), Axel Andersson, and 2020 1st round pick

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I think it's tough to swallow when an absolutely cooked Backes put up 2 goals in 15 playoff games in 9:44 TOI per game in 2019 and Kase put up 0 in 11 in 15:30 TOI per game this year, playing with Krejci who was feeling it for most of the playoffs.

He can be a little streaky. and with the break I'm guessing a lot of players were "off". I wouldn't judge him off this year, he should be a decent contributor next year. If he can gain a bit more consistency, he'll be a good 2nd line forward for you. At this point in his career, he's still more of a 2/3 line forward because of that instead of a solid 2nd line forward. I would be a bit worried about Ritchie, though. I thought the trade would wake him up, but he seems to be making even worse decisions.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
One irrelevant douche bag media guy represents an entire fan base?

In fairness, Rask is maybe the most hated players on the Bruins....by many Bruins fans. He's essentially blamed for the 2010 collapse, the 2013 SCF and the 2019 SCF. Those same fans say Boston will never win a cup with Rask, but where furious when he left for a family emergency and (as you can see above) blame him for the team's failed cup attempt this year.

I made this maybe a year or so ago and it's 100% accurate

EQNHjuTWsAAJAWT (1).jpg

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
dumb take

I lived in New England for 5 years, that tweet is a pretty damn good representation of how harsh Boston fans are. I cant really blame them, they have very high standards due to all the success they've had the last 10+years.

In terms of Rask, he has never ever ever been appreciated in Boston, for a player who has been amongst the best in the league the last 5 years, he shouldn't nearly be this polarizing. It is not fair that anything less than Tim Thomas' performance in 2011 is not acceptable.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I lived in New England for 5 years, that tweet is a pretty damn good representation of how harsh Boston fans are. I cant really blame them, they have very high standards due to all the success they've had the last 10+years.

In terms of Rask, he has never ever ever been appreciated in Boston, for a player who has been amongst the best in the league the last 5 years, he shouldn't nearly be this polarizing. It is not fair that anything less than Tim Thomas' performance in 2011 is not acceptable.

Funny thing is, his 2013 performance was better than Thomas 2011 performance lol

TT 2011 - 1.98 GAA / .940 SV% / 4 SO
TR 2013 - 1.88 GAA / .940 SV% / 3 SO

Hell his 2019 performance wasn't far behind Thomas in 2011 either...

TR 2019 - 2.02 GAA / .934 SV% / 2 SO

The guy is 100% under appreciated by Bruins fans all because he doesn't have a Cup as a starter. He's also so positionally sound that he makes most saves look routine, on the flip side Thomas made every save (even easy ones) look hard because he wasn't as good positionally. It'll be a sad day when Rask is no longer the Bruins netminder, but I'm hopeful Swayman can be their future #1

Reactions: Nothingbutglass

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017

That idiot on twitter is not representative of the majority of the sane fan base. You're from NYC and are saying Boston has harsh fans? I'm not a big Tuukka fan, but it has nothing to do with leaving the bubble. He's definitely been underappreciated, but fans got an ugly preview of post-Rask life. He's polarizing because of the perception of giving up goals at bad times, and sometimes not being at his best in the biggest games. It's not just him though. This teams legacy would look better winning 2 cups in 3 finals this decade instead of just 1. He's been part of the perceived underachievement of this group. I realize these are 1st world problems overall.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
That idiot on twitter is not representative of the majority of the sane fan base. You're from NYC and are saying Boston has harsh fans? I'm not a big Tuukka fan, but it has nothing to do with leaving the bubble. He's definitely been underappreciated, but fans got an ugly preview of post-Rask life. He's polarizing because of the perception of giving up goals at bad times, and sometimes not being at his best in the biggest games. It's not just him though. This teams legacy would look better winning 2 cups in 3 finals this decade instead of just 1. He's been part of the perceived underachievement of this group. I realize these are 1st world problems overall.

NY fans have definitely softened over the last few years and fans of the teams that suck (Mets, Knicks and Jets) have directed all their vitriol to ownership and management instead of the players themselves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad