Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester United

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Thing is, it was obvious for Griezmann. He even said he was more likely to stay than leave.
Auba's desperate to get a last huge contract.
When you're ready to go to China, I don't know how you call it, but I call it desperate.

Well the Reus drama a couple years ago ended up exactly the same way. He used a prospective move to Bayern to leverage a big salary out of Watzke.

Would Atletico pay the exact same salary as United? I highly doubt it. Would Auba settle for bigger money with Dortmund but far short of his rumored demands from PSG/China? We'll see.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
There's really zero comparison with Griez. United and China aren't exactly comparable.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Thing is, it was obvious for Griezmann. He even said he was more likely to stay than leave.
Auba's desperate to get a last huge contract.
When you're ready to go to China, I don't know how you call it, but I call it desperate.

Or maybe he isn't desperate at all to get away from Dortmund and would only do so for a ridiculously high salary? I mean the numbers from China are €25-30M - again after tax and per year. That's so much that you can hardly blame him for being ready to go to China for such money.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Oh I seriously do. You're in your prime, you're already way too rich to spend it all in your lifetime, and you consider signing with a chinese team?
Zero respect from me.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Oh I seriously do. You're in your prime, you're already way too rich to spend it all in your lifetime, and you consider signing with a chinese team?
Zero respect from me.

Too much to spend in his lifetime? First of all that's just not true, you can always spend that,
and also his family can live off that money as well.
When he has earned maybe 50M total until now. I mean that's a lot of money but earning twice that in four years makes a difference.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don´t really disagree, but is that any different than any other big club these days? Utd were special (alongside Arsenal for a while). Now they are not, but that is not to say they still aren´t "relevant/big" - or will stop being so.

Sure they are relevant. They are a recognized brand. But since Ferguson left their is no project. Only cash. Them spending is now what keeps them relevant. They have spent over 648 million pounds on players since Ferguson left. That is more than any other club. That's how they are staying relevant. Hooking up with Raiola helps too.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Too much to spend in his lifetime? First of all that's just not true, you can always spend that,
and also his family can live off that money as well.
When he has earned maybe 50M total until now. I mean that's a lot of money but earning twice that in four years makes a difference.

Of course you can always spend. Bill Gates could also spend I guess.
50M€? That's an awful lot of money (and I'm not even sure he didn't get more over his career). You can always go to China for your last contract when you're not as competitive. Going at age 28 is a disgrace to football. Same with Oscar and others.

No passion for the game when you do this.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I mean, I think it shows he's less desperate to leave Dortmund if he asks to be one of the top 5 paid players in the world if he were to go to PSG or China, rather than just settling for whatever salary they'll give him. It would take a huge raise - that even some of the wealthiest clubs in the world aren't willing to pay - to get him to leave.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Of course you can always spend. Bill Gates could also spend I guess.
50M€? That's an awful lot of money (and I'm not even sure he didn't get more over his career). You can always go to China for your last contract when you're not as competitive. Going at age 28 is a disgrace to football. Same with Oscar and others.

No passion for the game when you do this.

I'd say 50M is a high number and certainly includes sponsorship money. His contract right now at Dortmund is 8M max - before tax. He has been at Dortmund for 4 years now, but only two years with his current contract, so just in that time he has earned maybe 15M from his contracts after tax at most. I don't think he earned more than that in his career before Dortmund.

An yes he is in his prime, but this is also his big chance at that big contract, I doubt he gets any similar offers after his prime.

I don't like players going to China either, but I can't blame then if their salary gets multiplied six to seven-fold. I would go there for a couple of years if my salary were to be increased in a similar way.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'd say 50M is a high number and certainly includes sponsorship money. His contract right now at Dortmund is 8M max - before tax. He has been at Dortmund for 4 years now, but only two years with his current contract, so just in that time he has earned maybe 15M from his contracts after tax at most. I don't think he earned more than that in his career before Dortmund.

An yes he is in his prime, but this is also his big chance at that big contract, I doubt he gets any similar offers after his prime.

I don't like players going to China either, but I can't blame then if their salary gets multiplied six to seven-fold. I would go there for a couple of years if my salary were to be increased in a similar way.

Well I do blame them. Even if he gets less in 3 years, he would have at least shown commitment to football and still get plenty of money.

Don't forget sponsoring. It's huge money and Auba has always played the sponsor card to the max.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I mean, I think it shows he's less desperate to leave Dortmund if he asks to be one of the top 5 paid players in the world if he were to go to PSG or China, rather than just settling for whatever salary they'll give him. It would take a huge raise - that even some of the wealthiest clubs in the world aren't willing to pay - to get him to leave.
When your player values chinese money over playing at your club in the CL... well... no need to comment really.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
When your player values chinese money over playing at your club in the CL... well... no need to comment really.

That's your personal opinion of valuing competitive football higher than a doubling your career earnings in a couple of years. That still doesn't make him desperate to leave. Desperate to leave would mean he'd be ready to go to any comparable club for comparable money. And that really doesn't seem to be the case.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
When you move to China, you clearly don't value much the team you're playing on, nor its chances to win something big.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Manchester United is the most heavily scrutinized team in the world to this day. A few straight wins and the sports media will go crazy with excitement, a few losses and you won't find a soul without a pitchfork. Not really a fan but I don't despise them like most 225 fans either.

Dortmund is the most overrated team in Europe among soccer fans in the states. It grows fairly annoying, and as a Monaco fan the quarterfinal was highly satisfying.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Other than other epl fans, who actually despises United? They're such a boring club, even with a character like Mourinho behind the bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad