Confirmed with Link: Borowiecki Signs 2 Years AAV of $1.2 million ($1.2M in both years)

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
For a budget team it's absolutely hilarious we pay Boro, Thompson and Burrows a combined 5 million.

Lunacy.
I'm sorry but how do you think this makes any sense at all? League minimum is like 800K, which would be $2.4 million for 3 players. You;'re telling me you don't think spending $1.6 per on three players is good? That's literally peanuts.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Dont worry we have all the key players locked in Mccormick Boro etc. Who cares about Turris and Stone.

On a serious note did anyone not clue into the team starting to win in the playoffs once he got hurt and they werent hemmed in the zone every time he was on the ice?
I guess they lost every game he played during the regular season then.

This contract has nothing to do with Turris and Stone, those contracts are much harder to negotiate. This one is simple, it's low dollars and low term

Reactions: Smash88

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I'm sorry but how do you think this makes any sense at all? League minimum is like 800K, which would be $2.4 million for 3 players. You;'re telling me you don't think spending $1.6 per on three players is good? That's literally peanuts.

For somebody who likes insulting the Sens fanbase for lacking knowledge, I would have assumed you would know that the league minimum is $650K.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Well there isnt one iota of hockey knowledge I have accumulated in my 34 years that agrees with this statement. Hockey is a puck posession speed game now one of these two players fits the bill.
Is that why Patrick Wiercioch is on waivers again?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
For somebody who likes insulting the Sens fanbase for lacking knowledge, I would have assumed you would know that the league minimum is $650K.
I meant realistic minimum. Most players would only sign for 800k or more if they're actually playing on your NHL team

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Great signing. He led the league in hits last year by a large margin.

He changed the series vs. Boston and a player at $1 million who can change an entire playoff series is an incredible signing.

Great job Dorion
Do you mean when he got hurt and was taken out of the lineup? Or are you refering to the dirty knee on knee hit with Krejci? Either way I do agree with you, if these two things didnt happen they probably wouldnt have won the series.

Reactions: Senscore

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Lol.. I just can't

Boro saw a nhl contract and jumped on it can't fault the guy we would all do the same if we weren't meant to play at that level

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Is Weircioch the definition of puck posession and speed to you? He was a giant sloth on skates
He's the literal definition of puck possession player who allll the stats people overrated. He was considered the Sens 2nd best d-man by those people.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Do you believe the allocation of money is better spent on Boro, Thompson, Burrows and Oduya or Methot, Paul, White and Chabot?

Honestly which group of 4 players would you rather have in the lineup.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Do you believe the allocation of money is better spent on Boro, Thompson, Burrows and Oduya or Methot, Paul, White and Chabot?

Honestly which group of 4 players would you rather have in the lineup.
I don't understand this. Boro isn't blocking Chabot. They play completely different roles. And Methot is not on the Sens, his situation had nothing to do with money

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I don't like the moment of the signing... Like why now?

What if Harpur show by the end of the year, that he belong?
What If Chabot Show by the end of the year that he belong?
What If Englund Show by the end of the year that he belong?

On the right side.. What If Jaros show by the end of the year that he belong?

I understand the value he bring, but there was absolutely no rush. Now we are creating an even bigger logjam.

And i havent talk about Phaneuf/Claesson/Oduya..

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Do you mean when he got hurt and was taken out of the lineup? Or are you refering to the dirty knee on knee hit with Krejci? Either way I do agree with you, if these two things didnt happen they probably wouldnt have won the series.

Do you think Wideman and Harpur did better then Boro did in the playoffs last year? Boro can change a series in 1 hit and he did versus Boston. I thought we really could of used him versus Pitt when we needed a shot of adreline and emotion.

If Harpur was better then Boro he'd be in Ottawa right now.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Professional sports in this day and age sell hope over anything else. If your fanbase doesn't believe in what you are doing, they stop spending money on your team.
The majority of the fanbase like Boro actually. But again, a minor, minor move such as this has nothing to do with how many tickets are sold.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Great signing. He led the league in hits last year by a large margin.

He changed the series vs. Boston and a player at $1 million who can change an entire playoff series is an incredible signing.

Great job Dorion

Holy shit.

I see it now.

Boro is like resistance training for the guys. They play him so that team has to drag around a liability for 13 minutes and when he gets replaced the guys get a boost because they aren't tied to a 200 pound anvil.

No wonder we started winning consistently as soon as he went "down" .

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Do you think Wideman and Harpur did better then Boro did in the playoffs last year? Boro can change a series in 1 hit and he did versus Boston. I thought we really could of used him versus Pitt when we needed a shot of adreline and emotion.

If Harpur was better then Boro he'd be in Ottawa right now.

Yeah, you're right. Boro changed the Boston series with a single hit. When he got injured and taken out of the lineup and the team was able to play a defenseman that wasn't trapped in own zone as much.

The majority of the fanbase like Boro actually. But again, a minor, minor move such as this has nothing to do with how many tickets are sold.

Pattern of signings. When fans see the organization prioritize signing cheap role players because they don't have the budget to sign actually good players, they don't feel like the organization actually care about winning, and thus they don't feel the need to spend as much money on the team as they would if they actually had hope of winning a championship.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad