Confirmed with Link: Borowiecki Signs 2 Years AAV of $1.2 million ($1.2M in both years)

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Not a fan of this signing. Hope the Sens can trade him ASAP.

Also not a coincidence that the Sens D looked better in the post season once he was injured.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
The majority of the fanbase like Boro actually. But again, a minor, minor move such as this has nothing to do with how many tickets are sold.

But your first post on this thread stated that the majority of Sens fans know nothing about hockey because they don't like this signing.

Now the majority of Sens fans like Boro?

I think the real conclusion is you just make shit up.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
For a budget team it's absolutely hilarious we pay Boro, Thompson and Burrows a combined 5 million.

Lunacy.
You need to fill out the bottom of your roster. You can't just play 5 rookies. If Boro is 6/7, then fine. I'm not thrilled with the signing but I recognize a need for him on the team in some capacity.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Lol

Not an awful move but not sure what the rush was behind this. I do think he'd get quite a bit more as a UFA, but we have a lot of defensive depth coming in the next two years and I don't like this move if he's blocking a guy who is ready for the NHL.

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
Last I checked Hockey was a contact sport, having a guy who leads the league in hits is an asset. For all you puck possesion fans he was 48.5 last year hardly the black hole you all claim him to be. You're also short sighted if you think he wasn't missed in the playoffs, he was exactly the kind of player we were looking for against the Rangers. 1.2mil hardly is breaking the bank. This board is hilarious, argues and criticizes the bottom pairing d-man like he's a first line player making 7 mil

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
That's a lot of what if''s? It's 1.2 million, that's almost a rookie salary signing....

I don't like the moment of the signing... Like why now?

What if Harpur show by the end of the year, that he belong?
What If Chabot Show by the end of the year that he belong?
What If Englund Show by the end of the year that he belong?

On the right side.. What If Jaros show by the end of the year that he belong?

I understand the value he bring, but there was absolutely no rush. Now we are creating an even bigger logjam.

And i havent talk about Phaneuf/Claesson/Oduya..

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
For a budget team it's absolutely hilarious we pay Boro, Thompson and Burrows a combined 5 million.

Lunacy.

That's what, double the league minimum? A little more? And you're describing the NHL hits leader, a guy who has been the 4th line center on 3 teams that went to the conference finals, and a guy who scored 15 goals last year.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I don't like the moment of the signing... Like why now?

What if Harpur show by the end of the year, that he belong?
What If Chabot Show by the end of the year that he belong?
What If Englund Show by the end of the year that he belong?

On the right side.. What If Jaros show by the end of the year that he belong?

I understand the value he bring, but there was absolutely no rush. Now we are creating an even bigger logjam.

And i havent talk about Phaneuf/Claesson/Oduya..

Then you have multiple tradeable assets that you can use to address other weaknesses on the roster.

And Boro at $1.2M for 2 more years IS a tradeable asset, especially at the trade deadline as teams look to improve the depth of their d-corps. So it's not like your stuck with him and his contract and have to ship off one of the better/younger players.

I agree with 2CHAINZ -- obviously he isn't a core part of the team, but he is also not the worst player in the league.

Reactions: Gil Scott Perron

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
I like Boro as a 6th guy, I think he gets a rough ride from posters. My issue is more managements newfound love of signing guys to extensions a year early.

.... unless sign and trade?!

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
You need to fill out the bottom of your roster. You can't just play 5 rookies. If Boro is 6/7, then fine. I'm not thrilled with the signing but I recognize a need for him on the team in some capacity.

The problem is that you can get better players for cheaper. It's not smart management and if a budget team has any hope of being a threat every year they don't sign these contracts.

Having Karlsson really distorts how shit our management is.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
No one think Boro is a necessity some of us just don't think he is the worst player of All time.

Not the worst of all time.

Simply one of the worst currently in the NHL and far worse than other options available on the Sens.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
The problem is that you can get better players for cheaper. It's not smart management and if a budget team has any hope of being a threat every year they don't sign these contracts.

Having Karlsson really distorts how **** our management is.

The same management that brought in all the wildly superior options we have in-house who could conceivably replace Boro?

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
jWWMo.gif

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
That's what, double the league minimum? A little more? And you're describing the NHL hits leader, a guy who has been the 4th line center on 3 teams that went to the conference finals, and a guy who scored 15 goals last year.

Boro being the hits leader isn't anything to be proud of considering how he gets his hits.

Thompson and Burrows are good players but overpaid and you can't expect to be a competitive if you are overpaying your 4th liners.

Shit adds up.

16w

Jun 23, 2003
it's clear that the plan from management is to overpay Boro, so when he is bought out before the 2nd year of the contract kicks in, he will have some extra money to purchase seasons tickets and help out the attendance problems

Melnyk didn't get rich by being a fool, he's thinking ten steps ahead

Reactions: Gil Scott Perron

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think people dislike this signing because they think we couldn't trade Boro if we wanted to. I'm not sure that's true. There will always be GMs and coaches that value hits and grit which Boro has in spades. I suspect that we could find a trading partner to take on Boro if Harpur or whoever takes over his spot on the roster, and as such, I don't see the signing as a big deal. Bottom pair money for a bottom pair dman, nothing to see here.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
But this is the same management that signed Cowen and Greening to those contracts, so really I shouldn't be surprised anymore.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I've defended Dorion since he took over. I'm one of the few that liked the Burrows and Brassard deals. This time though, I'm not gonna do it, I hate the re-signing. I really wanted to move on from this player in the next year or two, we have better options imo.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
As I said before (and Micklebot too), Boro is eminently tradeable.

He blocks shots and generates hits.

That's enough for some GMs.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary

We had to take on Phaneuf's contract to trade Cowen and Greening. I don't think bad players are as easy to trade as you think. Besides, this management group likes Boro, they won't trade him. We are stuck with him for another 3 years.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Boro being the hits leader isn't anything to be proud of considering how he gets his hits.

Thompson and Burrows are good players but overpaid and you can't expect to be a competitive if you are overpaying your 4th liners.

**** adds up.

To your first point, I have no idea what you're saying. Can you explain?

As for Thompson and Burrows being overpaid, I just haven't seen enough to determine their true worth... but, I don't think they are severely overpaid between the two of them. Burrows, last year, was easily a 2.5m player with us (although, of course, his extension hadn't kicked in yet so that doesn't count). As for Thompson, a below average 4th line C is still making ~1m. If he can be above average, I'm thrilled to pay him 1.6. And re: Burrows, if he scores 30 pts and 12+ goals, to me...that's a very good deal!

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

The problem is that we'll never trade him because out GM is one of the ones who thinks it's enough .

I feel like management is trying to turn Boro into our new Neil (they even look alike haha) so well probably see Boro play on our roster for another 10 years.

The only problem is that Neil has more hockey ability in his toe nail than Boro has in his entire being.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
For the sake of argument how many other NHL teams do you think would have interest in Boro at this price? I see a buyout in year 3 after being displaced by more productive d men in the ranks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->