Borderlands 3 - Now officially official with BILLIONS of guns!

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I think I liked BL2 better on initial play, but the quality of life improvements make BL3 better overall. Can't wait to see what BL4 has in store for us

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You will have lots more fun leveling all your BL2 characters to max, I promise you. Still some fun to be had in BL2, mainly in the DLC.
I was definitely having a lot of fun in BL2 and I think it does certain things better but BL3 for the time being is the gameplay experience I'd rather sink my free time into.

Actually one I'd say is clearly superior, I don't know if there's a better "next" Sanctuary in 3 than the ship but I way prefer Sanctuary in 2 as a hub than the ship in 3.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I have played both of the games extensively, maxed out all characters on BL2 and all but Siren on BL3. For me BL3 is not even close, even when BL2 has its obvious flaws. The Krieg DLC is closest to BL2 fun on BL3, except for the tasks with the B-team!

Reactions: GreytWun

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
At the point in the late game now where I'm working on a mayhem build having completed campaign and DLC 1. Trying for a FL4K build that relies on corrosive weapons so I'm farming Killavolt to get the Monarch. It's been a super big pain in the ass. I've gotten at least 3 Fire, 2 Rads, 2 Cryo, and like 8 neutrals plus a ton of random legendaries and some clears with nothing but 1 epic. Kind of a nightmare. It only takes me like 2 minutes to down him but it takes another 2-3 to reset the fight.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
At the point in the late game now where I'm working on a mayhem build having completed campaign and DLC 1. Trying for a FL4K build that relies on corrosive weapons so I'm farming Killavolt to get the Monarch. It's been a super big pain in the ass. I've gotten at least 3 Fire, 2 Rads, 2 Cryo, and like 8 neutrals plus a ton of random legendaries and some clears with nothing but 1 epic. Kind of a nightmare. It only takes me like 2 minutes to down him but it takes another 2-3 to reset the fight.
What level are you? I'm a bit bored with the game but could try farming Killavolt a bit on Saturday when it is too rainy for me to ride my bike..

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Oh. Too bad. I don't think I have the energy to do it on my PS4! It's been disconnected for a while and I am playing on PS5.
Damn. Could probably use an extra. I'm losing my mind here. I'm up to four copies minimum in each element and at least 13 neutrals.

I couldn't imagine trying to farm this corrosive and with an ideal anoint.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Damn. Could probably use an extra. I'm losing my mind here. I'm up to four copies minimum in each element and at least 13 neutrals.

I couldn't imagine trying to farm this corrosive and with an ideal anoint.
If the weather switches to Sweden's normal summer weather I might give it a whack, but right now it seems unlikely :D

Reactions: HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Finally got my Corrosive Monarch and luckily after I decided I could survive Killavolt at mayhem 10 (did like 85% of the runs on mayhem 6). Was starting to think my game was programed not to drop me one. Rerolled a decent anoint into it. Got the pearl from the Hammerlock DLC. Just need a couple weapons and a better class mod roll to perfect my build. First time doing BL endgame work. Once I do the rest of the DLC content and some trials I'll probably start a true vault run on amara or whatever the Siren's name is.

Last edited:
Reactions: mattihp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad