BOOOOOO Edmonton Oilers, BOOOOO Oilers.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
Until this team learns that you need to put in as much effort away from the puck as you do on the offensive side this team will never change...the fact Eberle has an A is a complete joke...Nuge not much better on the second goal..these are you team leaders??

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Yes, the "Battle of Alberta" name needs to be retired by hockey broadcasters because there hasn't been one for a quarter-century.

The Oilers have a .397 win-% against Calgary over the past 25 years.

The game tonight is the most uninspired effort against Calgary I've ever seen. Been watching them since 1986.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Sad effort.

The defense was pathetic, the top line was hamstrung early by Mclellan's needless shuffling to push Drai to a position he isn't comfortable in an effort to shoehorn an inferior center in his place, the few chances the team got were nullified by players trying to be too fancy.

The week off must have fooled all the players into thinking the season already over, they looked like they were trying to play a summer pickup game.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
but who goes is the question

Based on history (Which I hope Chia isn't dumb enough to repeat)

I would say we see some minor bottom 6 tweaks, a FA signing we hope ends up being better than his history shows, and a lot of excuses about how hard it is to make a trade these days, and how we never got to see what a healthy roster can do.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I don't blame them. Still dissapointing.

And what was Calgary playing for? Are they in the playoff hunt? They have pride, it meant more to them to crap on the history of our building than it did for our team to send it out on a high note.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
interestingly my internet, phone, TV all crashed shortly after the 2nd goal and I just saw the final now. Guess it was a merciful crash for me

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Jordan Eberle doing his post-game interview already. Surely has a party to attend to at 11pm.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
Gaudreau >> Hall and it's not even close.

Yep. As a guy who has been Hall's biggest fan and even at times an apologist, I'm pretty much done with him. I hope he's moved. For his sake, and ours.

Gaudreau is a far better winger at this point than Hall.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Shutout by a team with goaltending that couldn't stop a beach ball. Then salt in the wound with their stars shining and dropping 5 goals on us.

And Taylor Hall is a joke, can't even be a homer anymore and defend him vs gaudreau.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
We aren't completely done on the management firing spectrum.

Time to fire MacTavish and Howson. It's a joke.

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
Based on history (Which I hope Chia isn't dumb enough to repeat)

I would say we see some minor bottom 6 tweaks, a FA signing we hope ends up being better than his history shows, and a lot of excuses about how hard it is to make a trade these days, and how we never got to see what a healthy roster can do.

top 6 needs work. Ebs needs to go, Drai sent down to the AHL for a year, Hall dealt for a top line D-man (IMO).

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Listen to the pre-game interviews from this team and then go watch the effort from them. Night and day. ****ing ********.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
And what was Calgary playing for? Are they in the playoff hunt? They have pride, it meant more to them to crap on the history of our building than it did for our team to send it out on a high note.

Yep, well said. Pride and heart are exactly what this team is lacking, and has been lacking for at least 7 years.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
This team is an absolute embarrassment.

The last BoA ever in Rexall, and this is the effort they put forth? These guys are supposed to be our biggest rival, and we play this game like an afternoon road game in Columbus? No ****ing passion, no drive, no effort, no ****ing pride. I'm so ****ing tired of this gutless team. It takes us 53 minutes into the game to throw a ****ing hit, and it takes us until the last 3 minutes of the game to get angry. Are you ****ing kidding me? It's absolutely incredible how listless, and pathetic we were tonight. If you can't get yourself up for this game, you don't have the heart to be on this team.

We belong in 30th place. This team is an absolute disgrace to the jersey. I can't wait until Chiarelli tears this team apart. I'm ****ing done with them, I'm done with the loser mentality that is so ****ing prevalent on this team. Enough is enough. Ship these losers out of town. Would anybody be surprised at all to see us put the same ****ing garbage effort against Vancouver in our final game in Rexall? Put the ****ing Oil Kings out there for that game. Disgrace, disgrace.

Not that it even matters, but the refs were absurdly terrible as usual. Just feed Calgary powerplays all night, give Hendo a misconduct for trying to avoid a confrontation, and then just sit there and watch while Lander gets a ****ing guillotine put on him at center ice. Hartley is also a garbage coach. They ****ing blow us out, and they try to goon it up, and also try to run up the score at the end. What a joke.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
At some point, you have to stop being angry and just laugh at how bad this team has been for what seems like forever lol
My condolences to the sorry losers who bought season tickets for next season. You better sell them off quick while you can!

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
This team is an absolute embarrassment.

The last BoA ever in Rexall, and this is the effort they put forth? These guys are supposed to be our biggest rival, and we play this game like an afternoon road game in Columbus? No ****ing passion, no drive, no effort, no ****ing pride. I'm so ****ing tired of this gutless team. It takes us 53 minutes into the game to throw a ****ing hit, and it takes us until the last 3 minutes of the game to get angry. Are you ****ing kidding me? It's absolutely incredible how listless, and pathetic we were tonight. If you can't get yourself up for this game, you don't have the heart to be on this team.

We belong in 30th place. This team is an absolute disgrace to the jersey. I can't wait until Chiarelli tears this team apart. I'm ****ing done with them, I'm done with the loser mentality that is so ****ing prevalent on this team. Enough is enough. Ship these losers out of town.

Not that it even matters, but the refs were absurdly terrible as usual. Just feed Calgary powerplays all night, give Hendo a misconduct for trying to avoid a confrontation, and then just sit there and watch while Lander gets a ****ing guillotine put on him at center ice. Hartley is also a garbage coach. They ****ing blow us out, and they try to goon it up, and also run up the score at the end. What a joke.
Judging by the score I figured you were at the game. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad