Confirmed with Link: Boone Jenner re-signed to multi-year deal (4 years, $3.75M AAV)

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Congratulations to our next Captain. He must have been the only member of the leadership group that didn't bitch and complain about the team during the dinner at Jarmo's house.

Depends on how exactly it went down, but that's potentially not a good thing, if Jarmo only wants 'Yes men' and/or if Boone was afraid to speak up.

Obviously though, we don't know who said what at the meeting, and if they said was constructive criticism or unfair accusations. To be a fly on the wall...

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Jesus people like to bitch about anything. You arent supposed to be happy to see a fan favorite who has been here for awhile sign because hes a bottom 6 player? Grow up

Free Country - your perception and my perception are obviously different. Again I like Boone Jenner and this isn’t about Boone but perception is Werenski is leaving and to quell that it would be nice to have ‘hey we’re talking to Z ‘

Especially since we traded our Captain, Atkinson and just lost another top talent in Jones.

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Free Country - your perception and my perception are obviously different. Again I like Boone Jenner and this isn’t about Boone but perception is Werenski is leaving and to quell that it would be nice to have ‘hey we’re talking to Z ‘

Especially since we traded our Captain, Atkinson and just lost another top talent in Jones.
Holy f*** this shit gets old. YOU CAN ADDRESS MORE THAN ONE PLAYER AT A TIME. INDEED, YOU HAVE TO.

Every g-ddamn f***ing year. Every. Single. One. And yet people still act like resigning a roleplayer means that we don't care or aren't doing anything about other players. It's rapidly becoming one of my biggest pet peeves.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

Still have a roster to fill. Jarmo doesnt need to release to the media every conversation he has.
If you dont think Jarmo has spoken a word to Werenski's agent then I dont know what to tell you

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Holy f*** this shit gets old. YOU CAN ADDRESS MORE THAN ONE PLAYER AT A TIME. INDEED, YOU HAVE TO.

Every g-ddamn f***ing year. Every. Single. One. And yet people still act like resigning a roleplayer means that we don't care or aren't doing anything about other players. It's rapidly becoming one of my biggest pet peeves.

Who has more - me or you?:D

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Boone is a 3rd line guy, but this deal is fine. He drags people into the fight, and always gives his best.

I agree, but he may get another look as 1C to start the year I'm guessing.
I just don't think we can have Roslovic in the middle for Laine and Jake, I just get the feeling the defensively it would be too bad. Again I may be making a big assumption that Laine is on top line to begin with.
Also I would give Tex time to grow on the 3rd line.

Again I don't think he is a 1C, but my guess is he starts teh year there and we hope (as an organization) that Tex or Foudy takes it eventually (or Roslovic improves defensively).

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
Not a fan of this deal whatsoever, considering what Jenner doesn't do. But it is what it is. We have to spend the money on somebody during the years of suckage.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
My guess is we see a bit more offensive out of Boone , with Torts gone . Really you could say that for nearly every player I guess , but Boone who has been a captain at every level he’s played at , could approach the 20g mark or more the next few years . He’s the perfect captain for a team bringing in a ton of youth .

Reactions: Buckcub

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Good extension. Important player in the room and likely the next captain. No raise too. Perfect

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I like it. Good vet to have in a young room.

And it's a fair enough deal that he can still be moved if need be -- plus no trade protection built in.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Not sure how accurate these players cards are, but Jenner's foot speed has really slowed down the last couple years, imo. Can't play him at center, can't not play him at center because of the talent on the roster.

I don't get why this FO is committing this much term to this guy (5 more years). It would have been better to flip him at the '22 deadline for a pick, imo.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus

Not sure how accurate these players cards are, but Jenner's foot speed has really slowed down the last couple years, imo. Can't play him at center, can't not play him at center because of the talent on the roster.

I don't get why this FO is committing this much term to this guy (5 more years). It would have been better to flip him at the '22 deadline for a pick, imo.

That’s why Kuraly was signed .. to play on a line with Jenner , and he can go to the wing .

Reactions: Fro and CPTN71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad