Injury Report: Boone Jenner out 1-2 months, Sean Collins recalled

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Nothing you posted made me value a second round pick any less. The question isn't if he is worth a 2nd rounder. It is if he is worth a 2nd rounder to Columbus. If I thought a player would make us a lot better, I would trade the pick. I don't think he does. I don't really think he improves our chances of making the playoffs. We will either make or not make the playoffs because of Bobrovsky this year.

Plus, you can always package a 2nd round pick with other assets to move up in the draft.

With the way we draft, there is no way I am trading a 2nd round pick in a deep draft for Desharnais.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
And if you seriously believe that that isn't exactly what's already happened here, with what JK has been able to pull off with one hand tied behind his back and the other on fire, then your expectations are unreasonably high.

we tied a franchise record for consecutive losses. Do you acknowledge that? or do you just whistle right past it? So no, that isn't "exactly what's already happened here".

I'm fine with unreasonably high expectations. Isn't winning the Stanley Cup an unreasonably high expectation? We're not changing tires here

Last edited:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Nothing you posted made me value a second round pick any less. The question isn't if he is worth a 2nd rounder. It is if he is worth a 2nd rounder to Columbus. If I thought a player would make us a lot better, I would trade the pick. I don't think he does. I don't really think he improves our chances of making the playoffs. We will either make or not make the playoffs because of Bobrovsky this year.

Plus, you can always package a 2nd round pick with other assets to move up in the draft.

With the way we draft, there is no way I am trading a 2nd round pick in a deep draft for Desharnais.

So deep that the talent at pick 45 or so will be overwhelming? I doubt it.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
we tied a franchise record for consecutive losses. Do you acknowledge that? or do you just whistle right past it? So no, that isn't "exactly what's already happened here".

I'm fine with unreasonably high expectations. Isn't winning the Stanley Cup an unreasonably high expectation? We're not changing tires here

In the Jarmo Can Do No Wrong And Is Beyond All Questioning World (JCDNWAIBAQW for short), the 9 game losing streak was unavoidable. It was preordained by the Hockey Gods. McIlhenny (does he still play for the CBJ?) was obviously the best option for goal and there was no possibility of improving upon him and there was absolutely no way any type of offensive help could have been secured without parting with first round picks.

Capiche?:laugh:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
So the 8-0-1 December is to Jarmo's credit because he claimed Connauton and traded for Leopold and Morin? Could make him GM of the year?

Other than not upgrading the back-up goalie in the off season I think he has done okay. Those of you who are on the he should have done something sooner bandwagon because of the injuries are way off base. There was nothing to be done that would have benefited the team, Unless of course he is a complete idiot and turned down the Crosby for our number 1 and Adam Madaisky trade that Pittsburgh proposed.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Other than not upgrading the back-up goalie in the off season I think he has done okay. Those of you who are on the he should have done something sooner bandwagon because of the injuries are way off base. There was nothing to be done that would have benefited the team, Unless of course he is a complete idiot and turned down the Crosby for our number 1 and Adam Madaisky trade that Pittsburgh proposed.

but do we get to keep Austin Madaisky? :laugh:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Just admit it...this team could go 82-0 and you'd still be clamoring for Jarmo to "OMGGGG DO SOMETHING!!!111!!11"

In the Jarmo Can Do No Wrong And Is Beyond All Questioning World (JCDNWAIBAQW for short), the 9 game losing streak was unavoidable.

I would like to thank these two posts for hastening the decline of the discussion.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
So the 8-0-1 December is to Jarmo's credit because he claimed Connauton and traded for Leopold and Morin? Could make him GM of the year?

I mean, how can you actually say that? You can't know that. I'm not saying a move would have stopped the streak, you can't definitively say the opposite.

And from my perspective, there were other benefits to be had beyond stopping the streak

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Hypothetical - let's say a ton of injuries happen after the trade deadline and we end up exceeding the franchise record for consecutive losses then. Is that Jarmo's fault? If so, why?

(The point being that yes, it was a bad record, and I don't like it, but the timing was such that we were handcuffed in many ways. It's akin to having both your starting and backup goaltenders injured in the same game. **** Happens. We're recovering.)

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Hypothetical - let's say a ton of injuries happen after the trade deadline and we end up exceeding the franchise record for consecutive losses then. Is that Jarmo's fault? If so, why?

(The point being that yes, it was a bad record, and I don't like it, but the timing was such that we were handcuffed in many ways. It's akin to having both your starting and backup goaltenders injured in the same game. **** Happens. We're recovering.)

Hypothetically, it depends on where we are in the race. If we're in good position, then I would expect management to add guys so we can make the playoffs. Obviously.

For the nth time, you can address the injury depletion through other means besides trades.

Edit- and in your hypothetical, no that wouldn't be jarmo'so fault, because the trade deadline would actually restrict him from addressing the situation through trades.

And to the fine print- it's not akin to losing both goaltenders. At all. This wasn't one game, it was 9. **** happens, but good execs clean it up.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Hypothetically, it depends on where we are in the race. If we're in good position, then I would expect management to add guys so we can make the playoffs. Obviously.

For the nth time, you can address the injury depletion through other means besides trades.

Edit- and in your hypothetical, no that wouldn't be jarmo'so fault, because the trade deadline would actually restrict him from addressing the situation through trades.

So what's so hard about the idea that the state of the market at the very start of the season would restrict him from addressing the situation through trades?

Here's another hypothetical: We're in a close race for a playoff spot against, oh, say, the Penguins. Two days before the deadline, Crosby and Malkin both are injured for a long period of time. They come to us and ask if we're up for trading Anisimov. What do you say, and what assets would you require of them? And would they be different than, say, any other possible circumstance in which Pittsburgh asks for Anisimov?

And to the fine print- it's not akin to losing both goaltenders. At all. This wasn't one game, it was 9. **** happens, but good execs clean it up.

The comparison was intended more along the lines of "rare and bad circumstances during a bad time for said circumstances", rather than in terms of number of games involved.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I mean, how can you actually say that? You can't know that. I'm not saying a move would have stopped the streak, you can't definitively say the opposite.

And from my perspective, there were other benefits to be had beyond stopping the streak

Such as?

Well, at least one was that this inane conversation/thread would have taken a different path. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad