Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
cqcTjuggnRqIE.gif

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Another key player down and another call up. I feel like this year we have been the Columbus Falcons.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
This might push us to trade for a center. If Jarmo's going to make his big move, maybe get that going now. We can't lose the momentum we've built.

I like Boone a lot, but I think we can withstand him being out for a while. Dubinsky/Bob have been the biggest losses this season.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
This might push us to trade for a center. If Jarmo's going to make his big move, maybe get that going now. We can't lose the momentum we've built.

I like Boone a lot, but I think we can withstand him being out for a while. Dubinsky/Bob have been the biggest losses this season.

Maybe, but Jenner has been center stage during the recent winning streak.....Along with the return of Bob.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Our Powerplay is the single biggest reason we've scored this year and while he's valuable on the top unit, I think we have other guys how can fill in that role.

With Hartnell coming back in a week, I don't think our roster will feel that much different. Would've been nice to have both of them though.

On another topic, what's really the point of counting man-games? Man-games lost are not created equal. Goloubef counts the same as Murray.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Let's just say I don't agree we should trade for someone now or that Boone isn't a huge reason for why we are winning. Sometimes, certain players make a huge difference in areas we don't notice (in the locker room, on the bench, in practice, team mentality, etc....)

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

How is this any different then the rest of the season? We're still short players and GMs are sharks smelling blood. There's no "good" deals to be had. Letestu and Hartnell will be back within 2 weeks and Anisimov probably around the end of January and hopefully Boone around the same time ,possibly later. While Murray should return sometime in between that time period.

It sucks but seriously people we just have to play it out let everything run its course and retool our depth in the off-season.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
:cry::cry::cry:

Something wrong.. (probably something wrong with our conditioning staff)? :help: groins, ligaments, stress fractures:shakehead

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
How is this any different then the rest of the season? We're still short players and GMs are sharks smelling blood. There's no "good" deals to be had. Letestu and Hartnell will be back within 2 weeks and Anisimov probably around the end of January and hopefully Boone around the same time ,possibly later. While Murray should return sometime in between that time period.

It sucks but seriously people we just have to play it out let everything run its course and retool our depth in the off-season.

It's different because we just won 8 games and clawed back into relevance. Jarmo is looking for the Horton replacement. That wasn't very important when we were last in the league.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

Why? By all accounts Letestu is progression and we didn't do it last time. We have 2 top six centermen. I guess if a 3rd line depth popped up, but it won't be exciting. Do you think the vultures are suddenly going to be reasonable with their demands?

Whelp, this has been... and interesting season. Glad it's not more severe.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
It's different because we just won 8 games and clawed back into relevance. Jarmo is looking for the Horton replacement. That wasn't very important when we were last in the league.

Wouldn't have been smart to make a bad trade then and it wouldn't be smart to make one now. Teams know we need help and will be looking to make a lopsided trade.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Can't wait till a tr00 fan comes in and tells us injuries aren't an excuse and we should be a real team like Buffalo.

There is a distinction between an excuse to not make the playoffs and one to play like the worst team in the NHL. But that distinction is too fine for some to comprehend. By fine, I find I find that analogous to digging a hole in my backyard and the Grand Canyon.

I fully expect some decline in play; having said that I don't expect us to go on another extended losing streak. If we do, as the roster is now, the injury of Jenner is not an excuse. In other words, I wouldn't be surprised if we continue to lose some ground on any playoff position.

Happy now?

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Wouldn't have been smart to make a bad trade then and it wouldn't be smart to make one now. Teams know we need help and will be looking to make a lopsided trade.

I did not say make a "bad" trade. Goodness.

We have plenty of interesting pieces we could use to make a "good" trade.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
You know how you injure yourself somewhere, and in trying to compensate for that pain you wind up injuring yourself somewhere else, too?

It's like that's happening with the entire team

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I did not say make a "bad" trade. Goodness.

We have plenty of interesting pieces we could use to make a "good" trade.

Like who? Have you talked to GMs league wide?! The Leopold and Morin trades don't happen very often, and if you want quality players you have to give up quality. And we already know JK isn't trading any of his recent draft selections or likely any of his future picks. And trading a roster player right now would be to big of a risk IMO (outside of Tropp, Boll or Skille) And those won't get you much, even if you were to package them all together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad