Pre-Game Talk: Bolts @ Sens Jan. 30 (7:30 p.m. Eastern)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocurs

Oct 25, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Why have tickets in the 300's inflated on stubhub? I grabbed $12 tix vs. Sabres, and $16 vs the Wild.

Lightning are not a hockey market and are hardly an interesting opponent. Sabres have Hodgson and Miller, and Wild have Parise, Koivu Heater AND Cooke 2 enemy's to the Senators.

Biggest driver is probably that we only have 2 home games in the next 4 weeks. Also, the playoff race is starting to heat up.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Walrus:

On Chris "the big finger" Phillips:

He has a lower body injury that's coming around, he's listed as day-to-day now, he hasn't practiced for two days but today there was some improvement in it and we'll see where it is tomorrow before we leave on the trip to see if he'll go with us. We'll have to expand on it after that but today is a big day for him, there was improvement, we'll see how tomorrow is and make a decision then.

http://senators.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=25736#1230

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
An ideal night

Ottawa over Tampa
Boston over Habs
Panthers over Leafs
Washington over CBJ
Kings over Penguins
Dallas over NJD
Ducks over Flyers
Yotes over Sabres
Avs over Wild
Sharks over Flames

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
An ideal night

Ottawa over Tampa
Boston over Habs
Panthers over Leafs
Washington over CBJ
Kings over Penguins
Dallas over NJD
Ducks over Flyers
Yotes over Sabres
Avs over Wild
Sharks over Flames

most of this is realistic.......but columbus isn't losing to wash....

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
Only 2 ways we end up in a playoff spot after tonight's games:
1) We win and Columbus loses
OR
2) We win in regulation or overtime and the jackets win in a shootout. We would tie them in ROWS (22) but hold the head to head tiebreaker in that case.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Kind of shocking the different approach both these teams have taken. Tampa has 5 rookies (I have included last years rookies due to abreviated season), in their top 9 and 3 veterans on the forth line. Ottawa has 1 rookie(Zibanejad) in their top 9 and only 1 veteran in their bottom four. Seems Yzerman has taken a far different approach than the one he grew up with in Detroit. Even his coach is a rookie !

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Agreed. I never like to see a player injured, and the game is much more fun to watch when he is playing.

It's like boxing, instead you vent out your rage at #4 on the T.V :)

As much as I like having Phillips out of the line-up, would rather have him a healthy scratch (we're allowed to have unrealistic fantasies right?) as opposed to injured.
Been injured for over half a year, I know how terrible it feels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad