Prospect Info: Bolts pool

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Serg+Dotchin+Raddysh+Foote seems like elite talent to me, unless you are only looking at draft position.

I just lowered a bunch of the bust ones. It is no longer the same as the other post.

Ask the Tampa board, Cirelli is legit. Many put him ahead of Raddysh. Serg is going to prove all of you wrong.

When I say "elite" talent I mean more like someone who could be considered a top ~40 prospect. I think Serg is comfortably in that category, but I think the rest are on the outside.

I hope Serg surprises me, and he could. I think he has very impressive work ethic, similar to that of Provorov.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Literally don't listen to Hose, I think Dotchin killed his dog. Also 90% sure Hose is married to Andrej Sustr.

What does that matter when talking prospects? You're the only one calling Dotchin a top pair elite defenseman, yet I'm the one they shouldn't listen to.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
When I say "elite" talent I mean more like someone who could be considered a top ~40 prospect. I think Serg is comfortably in that category, but I think the rest are on the outside.

I hope Serg surprises me, and he could. I think he has very impressive work ethic, similar to that of Provorov.

I don't see what puts Foote or Dotchin on a different level than, say, your boy Myers.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
What does that matter when talking prospects? You're the only one calling Dotchin a top pair elite defenseman, yet I'm the one they shouldn't listen to.

Not elite but very good.

And that's his boom, his bust is what he is now aka 2nd pair defenseman.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Not elite but very good.

And that's his boom, his bust is what he is now aka 2nd pair defenseman.

His bust is AHL defender which he barely was till last year, a decent late season run doesn't change what he was before that. Many prospects have taken there first call up and locked great only to fall back to earth the next year.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
His bust is AHL defender which he barely was till last year, a decent late season run doesn't change what he was before that. Many prospects have taken there first call up and locked great only to fall back to earth the next year.

Actually he played like a #2, but I won't consider him that.

Hopefully he builds upon it and becomes a top-pair dman.

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
I usually am very optimistic on prospects lol (not just Tampa ones).

I mean that's fine but it sets yourself up for disappointment and generally doesn't lend itself to a reasonable discussion about prospects. Even with your revised bust list you have 16/33 as NHL players (varying degrees). You could be right, but if I were betting I'd take the under on that 100 times out of 100.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I mean that's fine but it sets yourself up for disappointment and generally doesn't lend itself to a reasonable discussion about prospects. Even with your revised bust list you have 16/33 as NHL players (varying degrees). You could be right, but if I were betting I'd take the under on that 100 times out of 100.

I am still good at comparing them

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Actually he played like a #2, but I won't consider him that.

Hopefully he builds upon it and becomes a top-pair dman.

Being a good sidekick to a Norris finalist doesn't make you a #2. He's a good complementary defender in the Rob Scuderi or Matt Greene mold, which have never been called a #2 even if they played next to a teams #1.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I don't see what puts Foote or Dotchin on a different level than, say, your boy Myers.

There isn't too much, I think Myers has higher upside, but that is about it. Myers shouldn't be considered a top 40 prospect though. He is also on the outside.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Serg+Dotchin+Raddysh+Foote seems like elite talent to me, unless you are only looking at draft position.

I just lowered a bunch of the bust ones. It is no longer the same as the other post.

Ask the Tampa board, Cirelli is legit. Many put him ahead of Raddysh. Serg is going to prove all of you wrong.

A fair floor on Sergachyev is something like Luca Sbisa. 90% chance he turns out better than that, but you can't put his *floor* at top pairing (oops, see you put it down to 2nd pairing -- but even that is too high), that's silly.

Consider that Ryan Murray was the 2nd overall pick in 2012.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Pretty much any player who isn't a superstar at the top of the draft (McDavid, Matthews, Eichel, etc) has a floor of being a non-NHLer or fringe 4th liner/bottom pair unless they have dramatically improved their stock post draft. Just look at guys like Filatov, Cam Barker, Scott Glennie, Zach Hamil, Picard, Valabik, Yakupov, and Griffin Reinhart. Then there are a bunch of guys who carved out careers but are mostly back-up goalies, bottom pairing defenders or bottom 6 (closer to outright 4th line guys) like Hickey, Brule, Skille, Brian Lee, Luke Schenn, James Sheppard, Jared Cowen, MPS, Gudbranson, Brett Connolly, Burmistrov, and McIlraith.

It'd be insane to suggest Sergachev's floor is a top pairing defender. His game has so much risk, he could end up being a guy who never makes the league. That isn't a likely outcome, but it is his floor. Realistically, he should be able to carve out a career as a top 4 defender who has the potential to be a franchise defender. Cal Foote's foot speed could easily see him end up like a Jared Cowen who just doesn't have the speed to keep up at the NHL level. I think he makes it, but his floor is a minor league player.

The odds of getting a top 6, or top 4 defender where you drafted Foote is around 40%. So logically, a guy drafted in that range is far from 100% to be a top 4 defender.

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
Sergachev being a good second pairing defenseman is not him busting. That's a semi-realistic projection. Him busting would be him being an AHLer.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Better prospects than Sergachev failed to even stick in the NHL. Like Filatov.

Luca Sbisa is not his floor.

I think you are being pedantic.

When we put a floor on a player we probably mean something like "90% (or 95%?) of the time the player will be better than this".

The floor is obviously never playing an NHL game because of a career ending injury (or whatever). That tells you nothing, every player's floor is 0 by your definition.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I think you are being pedantic.

When we put a floor on a player we probably mean something like "90% (or 95%?) of the time the player will be better than this".

The floor is obviously never playing an NHL game because of a career ending injury (or whatever). That tells you nothing, every player's floor is 0 by your definition.
Thing is, even without injuries the floors listed were extremely high and closer to the expected return.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Being a good sidekick to a Norris finalist doesn't make you a #2. He's a good complementary defender in the Rob Scuderi or Matt Greene mold, which have never been called a #2 even if they played next to a teams #1.

He had a higher ppg than our actual #2 Stralman. (As well as Lindholm and Ekblad)

IMO he is RN a #3/4. A 2nd pair D. Which is why I put that as his floor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad