Pre-Game Talk: Bolts @ Pens - Saturday @ 1PM

Sideline

May 23, 2004
if you're in Toronto, apparently the next segment on 1050 is skewering "the most undisciplined team I've ever watched, ever." and "Marc-Andre Fleury who is in full playoff bloom." And, "I look at this roster and after Crosby and Malkin, there is not one person on this team who scares me."

I don't know which team they are talking about or why, but it sounds like it'll be a great conversation!

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
false advertising anyhow, they're talking soccer/football. I feel robbed

I only remember that Toronto has a soccer team because of the annoying Jermaine Defoe ads that TSN has constantly running. False advertising was the only way that they would get listeners.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Shelly Anderson @pgshelly

B.Bennett on prospect of playing in AHL: If that’s the case, I’m excited. I’m just excited to play some games and get back into some action.

My legs feel as good as they’ve ever felt. I’ve never had three months of just bag skating

Hands are coming along. My shot is not where I want it to be, but I still feel pretty comfortable [on ice].

Fordy

May 28, 2008
there's no reason for beau to go to wbs. just ****ing play him. he's fine

Ally22

Jul 3, 2013
...AHL? Is this real life? Why would that even be a remote chance of a thing!?!?!

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
if you're in Toronto, apparently the next segment on 1050 is skewering "the most undisciplined team I've ever watched, ever." and "Marc-Andre Fleury who is in full playoff bloom." And, "I look at this roster and after Crosby and Malkin, there is not one person on this team who scares me."

I don't know which team they are talking about or why, but it sounds like it'll be a great conversation!

Is this for real?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
there's no reason for beau to go to wbs. just ****ing play him. he's fine

No harm in doing it. Give him some conditioning to see if he's ready and with only 13 or so games left no need to rush him through.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Yeah, throw a guy who has been injured for two significant periods, hasn't played in months, and by his own admission isn't where he wants to be right back into the NHL during the stretch. Brilliant.

He said his shot isn't as good as he'd like. Not that his wrist is going to break if he trips in the locker room. He's had two practices. He's cleared for contact. That's as much as a Kunitz or Neal would have before coming back. The only reason he's not playing Saturday, or even Wednesday, is that he's a rookie to Bylsma still. He was targeting a return earlier this week and now he has to play "a few" games in WBS? Why isn't one enough? Those games are as physical as any 1 PM weekend game.

This is ridiculous.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
No harm in doing it. Give him some conditioning to see if he's ready and with only 13 or so games left no need to rush him through.

He said his legs are fine. He's been skating for 3 months. There's 13 games left. That's the perfect reason to rush him back so he can, of course, re-prove himself to Bylsma as he'll be required to.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
He said his shot isn't as good as he'd like. Not that his wrist is going to break if he trips in the locker room. He's had two practices. He's cleared for contact. That's as much as a Kunitz or Neal would have before coming back. The only reason he's not playing Saturday, or even Wednesday, is that he's a rookie to Bylsma still. He was targeting a return earlier this week and now he has to play "a few" games in WBS? Why isn't one enough? Those games are as physical as any 1 PM weekend game.

This is ridiculous.

It's a typical conditioning stint. It makes total sense.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
They are discussing it again now, but all of these things are being discussed right now.

Neal and Jokinen getting killed

This is Toronto 1050? These guys have podcasts I have to listen to this.

What are they saying exactly? Any Bylsma stuff?

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
It's a typical conditioning stint. It makes total sense.

Those are typically for players with lower-body or head injuries, where they couldn't work out, hence "out-of-shape," hence "conditioning" stint. He obviously doesn't have that problem at the moment.

Call it a "timing" stint if you're gonna call it anything.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
This is Toronto 1050? These guys have podcasts I have to listen to this.

What are they saying exactly? Any Bylsma stuff?

the 2:30-3:00 half hour of the Brian Hayes show and then the Ray Ferraro interview, same day, same show.

Can't remember if there was any coach talk, but the players were getting laid into, and the team in general.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Errey was just on Madden. Pretty solid interview. Definitely starting to call DB out. Saying the room shouldn't be all get along all the time. Players making dumb plays should be called out. Blames some of our issues on DB's lineup decisions and playing their offsides. (In terms of getting pucks out)

Madden's monologue was good as well. The team should be told they have to get things done this year. Or there won't be many get along moments this offseason. And they'll be known as chokers. And Sid as Peyton Manning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad