OT: Bolts had two 1-0 game series wins and 4 s/o's total... Now lets look at the Pens

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Are we including chipotle, shake shack, five guys etc. in fast food rankings or is that a tier up?

I've always kinda pondered this. I think I would call it a tier up, for sure. But oddly I also still consider it fast food.

Maybe the term "chain restaurant" is more applicable?

Either way unless I'm on a road trip I more or less avoid all of the above. I like to cook, anyway.

EDIT: @Deport Ogie -- Horsey Sauce IS pretty damned good, though. And I have to admit I used to love me some Wendy's spicy chicken. But I feel the quality has gone way down since their change of ownership years back. And fast food chicken in general is... ugh. Rubbery and gross.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I've always kinda pondered this. I think I would call it a tier up, for sure. But oddly I also still consider it fast food.

Maybe the term "chain restaurant" is more applicable?

Either way unless I'm on a road trip I more or less avoid all of the above. I like to cook, anyway.

EDIT: Horsey Sauce IS pretty damned good, though.
I feel the same way. Although I did have a job right next to a chipotle for awhile and I would be lying if I said that I didn’t frequent it often haha.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I feel the same way. Although I did have a job right next to a chipotle for awhile and I would be lying if I said that I didn’t frequent it often haha.

Yeah convenience is a hell of a thing. And burritos are kinda hard to f*** up.

A fast food joint I don't get the hype over -- Chick-fil-A. Bland fast food chicken breast on a uninspired bun and WhoOoOoOoooo -- waffle fries! How fancy.

f*** that place.

Reactions: dogthateats

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Yeah convenience is a hell of a thing. And burritos are kinda hard to f*** up.

A fast food joint I don't get the hype over -- Chick-fil-A. Bland fast food chicken breast on a uninspired bun and WhoOoOoOoooo -- waffle fries! How fancy.

f*** that place.
f*** that place in general lol

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Chik-Fil-A is grossly overrated. If I could have put it lower on the ranking list I would, but it still belongs above Burger King and McDonald’s.

Well... yeah... granted. To say I wouldn't feed either of the above to my dog is not even an exaggeration.

Though I must say... in a pinch (as it's often the only thing around in those far-off, middle-of-nowhere, one horse shitburg towns) -- I CAN do a Big Mac. I think because they minimize the horse meat to two razor thin patties as to not offend the palate as much. And I'd be a fool to not at least recognize that McDonald's fries are outstanding... so long as they are just out of the fryer and you eat them within like ten minutes.

Burger King is irredeemable, though. How is that place still even in business? Same goes for KFC, come to think of it. Who willingly eats this stuff?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I haven’t had a proper Big Mac in a hot minute. They are pretty A+. It’s all in the sauce, mind you. Much like the holy meeting of ketchup and mayo made the Whopper outstanding for a brief moment in time.

I'm pretty sure their special sauce is just mayo left out in the sun for a few days.

But whatever. It works.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I was raised the right way not to eat BK and thus have only been there a handful of times with friends who tried to convince me it was good. Tasted like shit every time even their fries suck.
I actually like Taco Bell and it doesn’t give me any GI issues so I don’t think that the jokes are funny. Also, DQ has decent fast food plus they have the X factor of some decent dessert options.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Arby's is amazing and I won't hear otherwise. Their onion rings and mozzarella sticks are top tier. Curly fries? Are you kidding me! And the roast beef is great with Arby Sauce and Horsey Sauce. I really miss their Chicken Cordon Bleu. THAT was a sammich, man.

If I'm going fast food rankings it's easily:

Wendy's
Arby's
Chik-Fil-A
McDonald's
Burger King

And man, what a fall for the King. They used to be up there. Last time I had a Whopper it was terrible. Still think their fries are beast, though.
Bro, I don't know what that Arby's shit is, but it ain't roast beef. Soylent Green, maybe?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I was raised the right way not to eat BK and thus have only been there a handful of times with friends who tried to convince me it was good. Tasted like shit every time even their fries suck.
I actually like Taco Bell and it doesn’t give me any GI issues so I don’t think that the jokes are funny. Also, DQ has decent fast food plus they have the X factor of some decent dessert options.

I actually quite like Taco Bell's vegetarian options in a pinch. Again if you are traveling and that's an option you could do a whole lot worse. I never have any issues with their food. Just douse it in fire sauce. But their "meat" kind of scares me. Pretty sure it's just heated up Friskies cat food.

I know Sheetz isn't technically fast food but it's still glorious. I take Sheetz over more or less all fast food options. Most of the time they even play decent music in there.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I actually quite like Taco Bell's vegetarian options in a pinch. Again if you are traveling and that's an option you could do a whole lot worse. I never have any issues with their food. Just douse it in fire sauce. But their "meat" kind of scares me. Pretty sure it's just heated up Friskies cat food.

I know Sheetz isn't technically fast food but it's still glorious. I take Sheetz over more or less all fast food options. Most of the time they even play decent music in there.
Like you said about convenience earlier. Can’t beat filling up the tank, having hundreds of drinks to add to your highly customizable order, and not really have to interact with a human. Usually pretty fast too.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Off a back to back. Up 3-2 in the 3rd of Game 5. Our RD went for a line change on the opposite end of the ice while they were breaking out at their blue line. It's been downhill ever since...

6KBZMN.gif

162586283392813.gif
162586283392813.gif

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
You still haven't figured out your #1d who logs 25+ mins a game goes hand in hand with your goaltending?

What are the odds not one but two goalies who "suck" according to Pens fans both played out of their minds in 2017 when Letang wasn't on the ice for 25+ mins. I mean what are the odds? We had 2 out of the 4 best goalies in the 2017 playoffs. It's really not hard to figure out what that common denominator in all of this is.
Pens goalies were also amazing in the 2016 playoffs when Letang played 30 minutes a game. Let's ignore that because that doesn't fit your narrative.

Reactions: pengineer

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
McDonalds is a god send to anybody who works an overnight job. They may not be great or even good but they are always consistent in my experience.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Pens goalies were also amazing in the 2016 playoffs when Letang played 30 minutes a game. Let's ignore that because that doesn't fit your narrative.

Not nearly as good but close. Once again in 2017 it wasn't just one goalie in Pittsburgh who was "terrible" It was two. Both played very well when somebody wasn't on the ice. Hmmm it's so hard to piece all this together.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Coke in a glass bottle Made in Mexico ( with cane sugar, not the high fructose corn syrup) is so good! Not the green labeled bottles. Red Coke labeled that say made in Mexico. Fountain soda is awesome as well. FWIW, I hate soda lol.

I was 100% with you up ‘til here....

Lol.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
There’s a little pharmacy in the small downtown of a town nearby called Guerins. They sell a hot dog for $1 and glass Coke bottles. Sometimes it’s just right to go down there, get a hot dog and a Coke then just sit around the park and watch the world go by. The last time I did that was after my second vax shot since it was near the pharmacy. I may have to do it again soon.

Reactions: Rust17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad