OT: Bolts had two 1-0 game series wins and 4 s/o's total... Now lets look at the Pens

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Arby's is like "gas station at 4am" quality food, on a good day. :laugh: Shit is wretched.

I’ve never had it actually.

However I had Little Caesars pizza (for the first time in over 25 years) the other night....

I enjoyed their crust way way more than the actual pizza :laugh:, and thought the “Crazy Bread” was alright I guess.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I’ve never had it actually.

However I had Little Caesars pizza (for the first time in over 25 years) the other night....

I enjoyed their crust way way more than the actual pizza :laugh:, and thought the “Crazy Bread” was alright I guess.
Yeah, I haven't had Little Caesars in just about... 25 years. :laugh:

Arby's is abysmal though. Not even good in the "drunk in the middle of the night" sense.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Sully’s dog **** system makes every goalie look hot. It isn’t very hard to stop pucks from the blue line with no traffic in front. The lower quality shot, the better.
Pens had the 2nd most goals in the league this past season. And the 4th best PP. And the Pens won the division which was arguably the best division in hockey. Dog shit you say?

Reading your posts it sounds like you don't know anything about the Penguins and just blindly complain non stop about everything.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Pens had the 2nd most goals in the league this past season. And the 4th best PP. And the Pens won the division which was arguably the best division in hockey. Dog shit you say?

Reading your posts it sounds like you don't know anything about the Penguins and just blindly complain non stop about everything.
Our division was grossly overrated. Also, what worked in the regular season doesn’t always work in the playoffs. Buffalo and NJ were two of the worst teams in the league and Philly was mediocre at best. The Rags were in shambles off and on too. Boston also took several steps back going into the season.

I’ll give credit to Sully for beating the isles in the regular season. However, not surprisingly, he wasn’t able to do it in the playoffs because he kept Jarry in net when it was apparent he was toast.

But this team has a habit of making nobody goalies shine. I know I know, Sully deserved the Jack Adam’s. Dude should be given a Mike Johnston award over the last 4 playoffs.

Last edited:

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
That is an interesting conclusion.

How many of those shutouts were 1-0 Pens wins?

So in 2017 without Letang... They won two games 2-0. You can assume empty net goals. Then one game 1-0. So three of the five.

5 years with Letang... The only 3... 2 came in that Philly series in 2018. Pens win 7-0 and 5-0. The one against the Rangers in 2016. 5-0. All blow outs. No tight games.

ZERO games won 1-0, 2-0, or 3-0 with Letang in the playoffs under Sully.

Why? Prime example is what we saw this postseason. Yeah, he played relatively well. But I remember two games. The Pens went up 1-0 and Letang goes for a stupid 50/50 pinch and hugs the boards. They go right around him and score. We end up losing the game. 2017 roster would have been more conservative playing with a lead and protected it. They need to score you let them be aggressive and make a mistake and make them pay for it. Making an aggressive play with 150 feet of open ice behind you up 1-0 in the playoffs is just stupid.

Anytime the Penguins get a lead. That's an invitation for Letang to get offensive and make stupid plays. So either the very low risk plays work every time and we blow the other team out or it doesn't work and cost us. So either we win 4-0, 4-3, etc. There's no winning 1-0 or 2-0 with Letang which the numbers clearly back. The absolute best case scenario of the low risk play working every time has worked 3 out of 50 games so 6% of the time with Letang under Sully in the playoffs. Which just goes to show how low risk it is and not playoff winning hockey. Meanwhile, in 2017 without Letang the other team didn't score a goal in 20% of the games. You tell me what the numbers say and what's playoff winning hockey.

Reactions: EightyOne

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Our division was grossly overrated. Also, what worked in the regular season doesn’t always work in the playoffs. Buffalo and NJ were two of the worst teams in the league and Philly was mediocre at best. The Rags were in shambles off and on too. Boston also took several steps back going into the season.

I’ll give credit to Sully for beating the isles in the regular season.

But this team has a habit of making nobody goalies shine.
Please explain to me how losing a couple games to a shitty goalie overshadows the fact they have the 2nd best offense in the league.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
"Actually, Letang sucks."

tumblr_mlp72jf4Ev1rvcvbio1_500.2e16d0ba.fill-735x490.jpg

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

Yeah, they did all that to get trapped and outscored by the Islanders in the playoffs. When are people going to realize regular season doesn't = playoffs.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
So in 2017 without Letang... They won two games 2-0. You can assume empty net goals. Then one game 1-0. So three of the five.

5 years with Letang... The only 3... 2 came in that Philly series in 2018. Pens win 7-0 and 5-0. The one against the Rangers in 2016. 5-0. All blow outs. No tight games.

ZERO games won 1-0, 2-0, or 3-0 with Letang in the playoffs under Sully.

Why? Prime example is what we saw this postseason. Yeah, he played relatively well. But I remember two games. The Pens went up 1-0 and Letang goes for a stupid 50/50 pinch and hugs the boards. They go right around him and score. We end up losing the game. 2017 roster would have been more conservative playing with a lead and protected it. They need to score you let them be aggressive and make a mistake and make them pay for it. Making an aggressive play with 150 feet of open ice behind you up 1-0 in the playoffs is just stupid.

Anytime the Penguins get a lead. That's an invitation for Letang to get offensive and make stupid plays. So either the very low risk plays work every time and we blow the other team out or it doesn't work and cost us. So either we win 4-0, 4-3, etc. There's no winning 1-0 or 2-0 with Letang which the numbers clearly back. The absolute best case scenario of the low risk play working every time has worked 3 out of 50 games so 6% of the time with Letang under Sully in the playoffs. Which just goes to show how low risk it is and not playoff winning hockey. Meanwhile, in 2017 without Letang the other team didn't score a goal in 20% of the games. You tell me what the numbers say and what's playoff winning hockey.
Did anyone ever tell you that Letang plays defense? He's not a goaltender.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Did anyone ever tell you that Letang plays defense? He's not a goaltender.

You still haven't figured out your #1d who logs 25+ mins a game goes hand in hand with your goaltending?

What are the odds not one but two goalies who "suck" according to Pens fans both played out of their minds in 2017 when Letang wasn't on the ice for 25+ mins. I mean what are the odds? We had 2 out of the 4 best goalies in the 2017 playoffs. It's really not hard to figure out what that common denominator in all of this is.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Arby's is amazing and I won't hear otherwise. Their onion rings and mozzarella sticks are top tier. Curly fries? Are you kidding me! And the roast beef is great with Arby Sauce and Horsey Sauce. I really miss their Chicken Cordon Bleu. THAT was a sammich, man.

If I'm going fast food rankings it's easily:

Wendy's
Arby's
Chik-Fil-A
McDonald's
Burger King

And man, what a fall for the King. They used to be up there. Last time I had a Whopper it was terrible. Still think their fries are beast, though.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Burger King is absolute slag. Their food would already be horrible enough if they didn't coat everything in that gross fake smoke flavoring.

Fast food in general is pretty awful, though. I'm pretty sure Arby's roast beef is made out of old tires and paper mill waste.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Yeah, Arby's isn't the most inspired food on earth but I would kill a man for Horsey Sauce. You can buy it in stores essentially but, much like Nachos anywhere but a hockey game, it just does not taste as perfect as it does from the crap fast food joint.

Wendy's is definitely top tier for junk though. Eff all that KFC vs Popeyes noise, Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich is food of the gods. Have to get chili as the side though, Wendy's fries are sewage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad