Pre-Game Talk: #Bolts@Habs (15-10-19/NBCSN, TSN2, RDS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Looking at this lineup it's a wonder we are not in the basement of the league. It's a mystery to me. Hope i'll be proven wrong in 2-3 years but i highly doubt i will. It will last for a short while but i don't see any future for the lineup we will have on the ice next game. Don't think i'll watch this one i had enough already of Weal and Thompson. I called it all summer long. They are not 4th liners in CJ's and MB's head.

Reactions: Runner77

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Looking at this lineup it's a wonder we are not in the basement of the league. It's a mystery to me. Hope i'll be proven wrong in 2-3 years but i highly doubt i will. It will last for a short while but i don't see any future for the lineup we will have on the ice next game. Don't think i'll watch this one i had enough already of Weal and Thompson. I called it all summer long. They are not 4th liners in CJ's and MB's head.
Because all the players work their asses off. They will eventually burn out as it is obviously not sustainable to work this hard and skate this fast. Remember when in Game 3 of the season last year Byron said they were tired?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Personally, when I coach, I try to make sure my highest potential players receive minimal experience to critical moments.

Better have Weal missing empty net with 13 minutes remaining of a tied game. Any kid drafted by us missing this net is not playing the next game.

2-3 days ago i said scoring chances were flawed because i would take Ovy one timing it from his office (which is not a scoring chance) before i would take Weal or Thompson alone in front of the net (a high danger scoring chance). I said of course this was if Weal and Thompson did not have an empty net. I retract this statement in the case of Weal. I'm taking Ovy one timing it from his office before Weal all alone in front of an empty net.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Because all the players work their asses off. They will eventually burn out as it is obviously not sustainable to work this hard and skate this fast. Remember when in Game 3 of the season last year Byron said they were tired?

Having 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines that are good will be key. Even if all 4 lines can't go kamikaze every night, you hope 2 or 3 can.

Right now Tatar-Danault-Gallagher and Drouin-KK-Armia are working well. It's important to find the right wingers for Byron. The leftover wingers from that should be fine with Thompson.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Having 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines that are good will be key. Even if all 4 lines can't go kamikaze every night, you hope 2 or 3 can.

Right now Tatar-Danault-Gallagher and Drouin-KK-Armia are working well. It's important to find the right wingers for Byron. The leftover wingers from that should be fine with Thompson.
Cant recall the last team that was successful with this method though. Even the Knights had a 1st line when they went to the finals.

Also let's not forget about the defense, it's definitely going to hold us back.

Saku K

AKA Saku K.
Jul 28, 2002
3-Rivières, Québec
Visit site
Hopefully, KK takes Suzuki's spot on the powerplay and gets more ice. Suzuki has played himself out of the lineup unfortunately too tentative out there. As far as Fleury goes I would have given him another shot here as he can skate better than folin who was better suited for the bigger blues.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I can't believe this.... Suzuki and Fleury as extra, send them in Laval in that case, my god we suck at developing young player.

This. No point keeping them around if we don't play them regularly. It's fine to give them some days off later in the season but this soon into the season nah just send them to laval. It's not like they have to travel far anyway.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Someone better wake up because patate Julien is already destroying KK. I don't see the same exuberance and patented smile that he displayed all of last year. Even in interviews, he looks frustrated and unhappy. They wonder why no one wants to come and play here. Molson better wake the f*** up from this disturbing love affair that he has going on with Bargainbin and patate Julien.

Jul 6, 2016
[QUOTE="Habano, post: 165423275, member: 162963"]Someone better wake up because patate Julien is already destroying KK. I don't see the same exuberance and patented smile that he displayed all of last year. Even in interviews, he looks frustrated and unhappy. They wonder why no one wants to come and play here. Molson better wake the **** up from this disturbing love affair that he has going on with Bargainbin and patate Julien.[/QUOTE]

Just too funny. You can't be serious.

For Suzuki and Fleury, shining in pre-season games vs rosters half made of AHL and Junior players is easier than playing vs full NHL squads.

As for KK, last time I checked, he was playing with two of the most productive forwards: Drouin and Armia: not bad at all.

Reactions: Habs Icing

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Very funny thread to read today.... Suzuki and Fleury in the stands: It's the end of the World. The Apocalypse !!!! Global warming is nothing compared to THAT !

Yeah it doesn't sit well with me, but it's fine if it's short term.

I just hope they get sent down if thery're not going to get in the lineup often over a long stretch.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hopefully, KK takes Suzuki's spot on the powerplay and gets more ice. Suzuki has played himself out of the lineup unfortunately too tentative out there. As far as Fleury goes I would have given him another shot here as he can skate better than folin who was better suited for the bigger blues.

I hope we get to see Chiarot-Fleury. Chiarot may be the experienced veteran Fleury needs to play with as he gets comfortable in the NHL game.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Very funny thread to read today.... Suzuki and Fleury in the stands: It's the end of the World. The Apocalypse !!!! Global warming is nothing compared to THAT !

I agree with this guy. If Bergevin and his staff has proven anything it's that they deserve the benefit of the doubt when it comes to developing young players.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Anybody who caught the Tampa, and Ottawa game already know which Tampa team is going to come out for this one.

This game has the potential to be the bumpiest ride of the early season.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I posted this the other day but since we are talking about development I thought i would repost, I cut out some parts so it's in the Timmins thread.

At the same time take a look at the Habs drafting and development. You say most late 1st round picks don't turn out,

here's pre Lefebvre/MB under Timmins in 5 drafts not counting top 15 picks,

Subban
Pac
Halak
Streit
Grabo
Emelin
Lappy (over 600 NHL games)
Chipchura (close to 500 NHL games)
Yannick Weber (over 400 NHL games)
Lats (over 300 NHL games, career ended by injuries)
S.Kostitsyn (over 300 NHL games)
D'Agostini (over 300 NHL games)
Ryan White (over 300 NHL games)
O'Bryne (over 300 NHL, games)

That's 14 players in 5 drafts, with 12 of the 14 going through Hamilton, where they made the playoffs just about each year and even won a calder. Got promoted to the NHL and stuck around for at least several years.

Now here's the MB/Lefebvre years, we'll say from '09 to '16, that's 8 drafts, (that were drafted and developed in the AHL)

Gallagher (36 games in the AHL)
Beaulieu (over 300 NHL games)
DLR (almost 200 NHL games)

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
[QUOTE="Habano, post: 165423275, member: 162963"]Someone better wake up because patate Julien is already destroying KK. I don't see the same exuberance and patented smile that he displayed all of last year. Even in interviews, he looks frustrated and unhappy. They wonder why no one wants to come and play here. Molson better wake the **** up from this disturbing love affair that he has going on with Bargainbin and patate Julien.

Just too funny. You can't be serious.

For Suzuki and Fleury, shining in pre-season games vs rosters half made of AHL and Junior players is easier than playing vs full NHL squads.

As for KK, last time I checked, he was playing with two of the most productive forwards: Drouin and Armia: not bad at all.[/QUOTE]
I didn't mention Suzuki or Fleury. If you think KK getting under 12 minutes last game is ok, that's your opinion but, I don't share it and, neither do most posters here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad