Pre-Game Talk: #Bolts@Habs (15-10-19/NBCSN, TSN2, RDS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
My pointing out we're on pace for 98.4 points is just for those that are saying, we only have 1 regulation win, the team sucks, trade everyone, fire the coach and GM, play the young guys and tank and go for Lafreniere, etc...

Do you think people aren't aware?

Do you think 98 points is a great achievement?

Why exaggerate what people say? Why not just stick to facts.

Based on your willingness to extrapolate so much from so little, would you then be in a state of serious concern with 6 points after 6 games?

How many regulation wins does the team have?

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
How did I know that eventually (soon) Suzuki was going to be replace by Cousins. OMFG... why can't this organization have coaches who aren't bent over on using useless 4th liners which weren't wanted by any other team.

Beginning of the season is the time to let the rookies make the mistakes and get used to the pace and the rigour of the NHL. I guess Clod was way to generous giving Suzuki all of 6 games. It must have been incredibly hard on him. But I am sure he will sleep like a baby tonight knowing that his boss' prized plug will be en unforme tomorrow. I can't wait.

Reactions: Runner77

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
If a 20 yo kid thinks like that, he doesn't belong to the NHL.
Confidence is a huge variable when you're a kid on the cusp of the NHL. We've seen plenty of prospects see themselves as being held back by their coach, which makes them second-guess themselves and become afraid of making mistakes. There's no set timeline for how to ease a 20-year old into the league, but ideally it's a pace that both coach and player can agree on.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
5 goals is doable I suppose and we don’t have to worry about 6 being scored on Niemi.

Carey’s been pretty average outside of the Toronto game. We need to really tighten up but I don’t think we have the horses to actually do it. Weber made a big difference last year but we’re suspect even with him in the line up this year.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
The amount of mental gymnastics it takes for some posters to defend how the young players are managed is hilarious at this point.

Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Do you think people aren't aware?

Do you think 98 points is a great achievement?

Why exaggerate what people say? Why not just stick to facts.

Based on your willingness to extrapolate so much from so little, would you then be in a state of serious concern with 6 points after 6 games?

How many regulation wins does the team have?

Do you think 98 points is a great achievement? yes

Why exaggerate what people say? Someone literally said we have 1 regulation win we've had a bad start to the year - as if 6 points in 10 games is a bad start.
Why not just stick to facts? I am sticking to facts. We have 6 points in 5 games. That translates to 98.4 points in 82 games.

Based on your willingness to extrapolate so much from so little, would you then be in a state of serious concern with 6 points after 6 games? I'm not extrapolating. I don't think we'll get 98.4 points. I'm saying if a team averages 6 points every 5 games, they'll have about a 98 or 99 point season. Therefore I don't think we've had a bad start to the season.

How many regulation wins does the team have? We have 1 regulation win. Why do you ask? Is that more significant to you than having 6 points after 5 games, including only 1 regulation loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->