Post-Game Talk: Bolts 4, Pens 3 (OT): The Fleury Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The most frustrating part of the whole game was when we were up 2-0, then our stars stayed on the ice until they were too tired to do anything but puck-watch for the last 30 seconds of the PP (as is their wont) while TB maintains possession and then scores to get within one.

The whole thing was so ****ing unnecessary.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Yeah, I don't want to see Fleury in net again.

Because the guy looked shaky playing for the first time after missing nearly 2 months with his second concussion of the season? Did anyone expect him to go in there and look like he hadn't missed a beat?

It's one thing if your Jake Allen and you've been sitting there perfectly healthy; but MAF wasn't. He was thrown into a high pressure situation coming off a serious injury and with, really, only limited practice time.

May 10, 2010
I'm done. Not even watching game 6. This Fleury crap is unforgivable. He never should have started, and he never should have come out for OT.

"No cold goalie" my ass. Cold goalie is better than bad, mental, fragile goalie.

And to hell with Letang. He's the main core cancer. You can replace everyone except the core and it makes little difference. And no there's no fixing it because you can't trade away most of the core guys anyway so get used to it.

Oh and the PP. Yeah let's keep doing the same damn thing game after game after game with the same guys despite it failing so hard. Good work.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I genuinely never want to see Fleury in a Penguins uniform again. For him to take Murray's spot and to play drastically worse than Murray did in even his worst games is downright sickening.

Because the guy looked shaky playing for the first time after missing nearly 2 months with his second concussion of the season? Did anyone expect him to go in there and look like he hadn't missed a beat?

It's one thing if your Jake Allen and you've been sitting there perfectly healthy; but MAF wasn't. He was thrown into a high pressure situation coming off a serious injury and with, really, only limited practice time.

Then he shouldn't have played, it's that simple.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Just going to repost what I said right before the goal, ignore the "if's" lol...

The best part about this is that if fleury ****'s the bed in ot in his first game back putting his team in a 3-2 hole, but the pens somehow still win the series, and murray has another subpar game in the cup final at some point, what kind of mental state could you possibly expect fleury to be in at that point to count on him coming through for them?

If they lose this game you can pretty much count on not seeing fleury again till next winter.

GENO*

Feb 27, 2012
Well it's easy to say now but obviously MAF was a horrible call and probably will never see the crease for Pittsburgh again. So at least we won't have to debate anymore.

Also Letang very dissaponting.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
I had a gut feeling on how this game was going to end and I still watched.

I had little hope myself because of the goalie change, but I kept it to myself and hoped for the best. I'll be even more upset if Murray isn't in for Game 6.

end

Mar 18, 2007
Arklay Mansion
I just think it's really sad. Fleury could have made a big statement and really capped off his Penguins career and instead it's more of this crap.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Murray even at his worst, didn't put up a .840 SV%, the game he was yanked, he was .867 SV% and Game 1 he was .850 SV%...I go back to Murray for the next game. Sullivan needs to sort his ****ing team out.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Dearest Kris Letang, Marc-Andre Fleury, Mike Sullivan, Evgeni Malkin, and NHL officiating;

new-vomit-gif-477.gif

Kind regards,
Coach John McGuirk

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The most frustrating part of the whole game was when we were up 2-0, then our stars stayed on the ice until they were too tired to do anything but puck-watch for the last 30 seconds of the PP (as is their wont) while TB maintains possession and then scores to get within one.

The whole thing was so ****ing unnecessary.

That's what frustrated you the most. Not Fleury. Not all those shifts Sid and Geno didn't take together. It was our stars staying on the ice too long on a shift that led to the softest of soft goals let up by Fleury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad