Post-Game Talk: Bolts 4, Pens 3 (OT): The Fleury Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Fleury hasn't won a big game in 7 years. Why anyone thought he could tonight after sitting out three months? ****, I don't know.

Also, big props to Letang for really stepping up with Daley out. Great game. Now rest up buddy, you've earned it. Moron.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Gotta win 2 in a row. I just don't see it. Not without Daley and letang playing like an idiot

Good season I guess, but this really felt like our year.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Murray did nothing to lose the job and they handed it to the worst playoff goalie of his generation. I'm mad as hell that it didn't work out, but this is not a surprising outcome.

ericstrat1

Oct 29, 2010
Because we haven't learned in 6 years that Fleury ****ing sucks in the playoffs, when they hit 6 posts behind him and 3 goals on 24 shots. As soon as I heard MAF was starting I knew this would happen, now I'll spend all night raging instead of sleeping, thanks Sullivan for starting MAF.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Murray has to start next game. Our frickin generational talents have to actually show up this post season. Did Crosby even play? What an awful game.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Rust was wonderful in this game.

Kessel, Kunitz and Lovejoy were all very good.

Kris Letang was rough.

The OT goal wasn't Flower's fault, but his work in the third period probably lost us the game. If he's going to be in there, he just has to be better than he was in the third, full stop.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
4 goals on 25 shots in a loss is not acceptable. Sorry Fleury.

Not sure why the coach (or anyone) expected different. Fleury was TRASH against Tampa this year. 4 on 25 is an upgrade from what he did, actually.

FDR

Apr 27, 2015
I hate to call it a classic Fleury post-season performance, but that's exactly what it was. Every time we have a lead he lets in a soft goal. He was out of position a lot and overplaying shots like he always does. Call it rust or whatever but i've seen this enough over the years to know better.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

I want to blame Sully here, but I imagine there was some outside influence here.

I want to blame Sully for how he handled Sid and Geno tonight, and I will. The Fleury debacle will prevent people from noticing that his obsession on rolling four lines without the appropriate talent kills this team's chances to more consistently sustain momentum and doesn't exactly help Sid or Geno.

Mods . . . please merge the thread I started with this, or this with the thread I started. Thanks.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Rust was wonderful in this game.

Kessel, Kunitz and Lovejoy were all very good.

Kris Letang was rough.

The OT goal wasn't Flower's fault, but his work in the third period probably lost us the game. If he's going to be in there, he just has to be better than he was in the third, full stop.

Good summary.

Game 6 is time to see what this team is made of.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Please package Letang and Fleury this summer. Maybe a mental institution will trade us some gauze pads for them

****ing joke of a team. They tried their damndest to choke away the Wash series. Now they're going to succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad