The Columbus Dispatch: Boll buy out

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I follow Anaheim.

What can we realistically expect from Boll?

Very good guy. Great in the locker room. Big competitor and will stick up for teammates. Will go for big hits, but like others said, he will usually miss or get a major. He will fight obviously. He's a great teammate.

He's a complete liability defensively and offensively. He can't skate or forecheck anymore.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
First class organization? They employ Cory Perry. Boll probably won't even make the team, and if he does he won't play.

Ok I get the objection to "first class organization", but I would take Corey Perry on the Jackets in an Anaheim minute. He is the hockey version of the football player Cris Carter. Buddy Ryan criticized Carter saying all he does is catch touchdowns..(Carter has since acknowledged that he had alcohol issues) but my point is all Corey Perry does is score goals. He scores a lot of goals, he is a genuine sniper with the puck. We wish we had production on par with Corey Perry. I may be alone in this opinion, but I watched Perry from Jr hockey on. Right handed, Right Wing.. yea

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Ok I get the objection to "first class organization", but I would take Corey Perry on the Jackets in an Anaheim minute. He is the hockey version of the football player Cris Carter. Buddy Ryan criticized Carter saying all he does is catch touchdowns..(Carter has since acknowledged that he had alcohol issues) but my point is all Corey Perry does is score goals. He scores a lot of goals, he is a genuine sniper with the puck. We wish we had production on par with Corey Perry. I may be alone in this opinion, but I watched Perry from Jr hockey on. Right handed, Right Wing.. yea

Not to tangent this, but perry while all world talent, is all world dbag..I wouldn't want him anywhere around here personally

jacketsgeek

Gimme some bread , man!
Sep 30, 2007
Pickerington, OH
Sorry in advance for the ignorance...
How does Boll's (and Toots') signing affect their buyouts?
Does this erase/reduce their cap hits, etc.?
Is CBJ off the hook for anything now that they've signed elsewhere?
Sort of like alimony once the ex gets married again!!:laugh:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Sorry in advance for the ignorance...
How does Boll's (and Toots') signing affect their buyouts?
Does this erase/reduce their cap hits, etc.?
Is CBJ off the hook for anything now that they've signed elsewhere?
Sort of like alimony once the ex gets married again!!:laugh:

Nope. Columbus is on the hook for the buyout money. Boll and Tyutin get the buyout money in addition to their new contract.

So it doesn't affect anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad