Bogdan "Traktor Boy Jr." Yakimov ***Update, Returning to Bakersfield 3/3/16***

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Would be sweet if we used the Marco Roy pick for another Russian and come out of the draft with

Buchnevich, Yakimov, and Slepyshev

Don't write Roy off just yet. He has been solid enough to get a NHL deal IMO based on my viewings of him earlier in the season.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
If it was a family situation then its ok, if he bolted for ice time then I agree with you

Regardless, he's barely been treading water in the AHL. That is not the type of player you want to bring up to the big leagues.

A playoff push will do him more good than getting 5 minutes of ice time here.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Glad to see him return, I still have high hopes for this guy.

Remember Khaira also struggled in his first AHL year, he's looking back on track this year. Hopefully Big Yak can do the same

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
Don't write Roy off just yet. He has been solid enough to get a NHL deal IMO based on my viewings of him earlier in the season.

His stats look like absolute garbage though. It's not like he has any kinda size intangibles either.

^this! he can't produce points and doesn't have great size or strength. i doubt he's a guy the Oilers would seriously waste a contract on. was never a fan of where he was taken at the draft, way too high in my opinion. plus he's also been passed on the depth scale by quite a few players.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
His stats look like absolute garbage though. It's not like he has any kinda size intangibles either.

^this! he can't produce points and doesn't have great size or strength. i doubt he's a guy the Oilers would seriously waste a contract on. was never a fan of where he was taken at the draft, way too high in my opinion. plus he's also been passed on the depth scale by quite a few players.

He's been gritty and is one of very few of our forward prospects with skill. I have been much more impressed with him at the AHL level than I was in the Memorial Cup last year.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
You don't reward Yak2 with a callup. He goes to the AHL and proves that he deserves it. At this point though we don't need him anyway up here.

Good to see him back though

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Man, I remember when I was full of optimism that Yakimov could become that perfect big #3C for the Oilers... a Hanzal clone.

Obviously likely not very realistic to expect that out of him but it's all we really had when this team had been so bad for so long and we wanted some hope and optimism to get through the dark times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad