Bogdan "Traktor Boy Jr." Yakimov ***Update, Returning to Bakersfield 3/3/16***

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
2-3 games in the NHL until RNH is ready shouldn't hurt. Boost his confidence and he gets some NHL $$

He needs playing time, in all situations. He's not going to get that up here. Let him build his confidence down there, not ruin it up here.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Another 3rd rounder to the team!:clap:

When everyone at hfoil gave up on the boy.

:popcorn:

To be fair, he's still a long shot to be a meaningful player in the NHL. His AHL and KHL numbers this year are less than pedestrian.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Anyone know how his skating is? If he is anywhere near as good as Kharia I'll be happier than a pig in ****.

In my opinion he is way better technically, but in terms of speed he's likely slower.

I mention that he's better technically because that would lead me to believe that he can improve.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Glad Yakimov's back. Hope him coming back helps Slepy get his game back.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
To be fair, he's still a long shot to be a meaningful player in the NHL. His AHL and KHL numbers this year are less than pedestrian.

Every 3rd rounder should be a project unless the scouts find a gem. Some players take longer to develop also we all know. My expectations are not very high on Yakimov but he does have size.

If he doesn't do much next year he will be expendable. Oil need some good bottom six guys we all know, still a minimal chance for Yakimov.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Weird never seen a guy start a season in NA go to
Europe then come back to NA before the season is done.

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011

Looks like he stepped it up in the playoffs though and got some more ice time. Even still his offense is an upgrade from Letestu.

McDeathbyCheerios*

To be fair, the khl doesn't count secondary assists

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
for me this was confirmation it was a family situation that caused him to leave so quickly--now I just got to figured out what the Hell sleps is up to or maybe my guys two weeks ago got Yakimov and Slep confused in telling me watch the Russian on the farm? No idea--but as per usual flame away

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Sleps, Yakimov and even Platzer/Laleggia should all get a game or 2 in NHL to end the season. Give them some experience and let them chew on it. Our season is lost, so might as well audition guys. They arent worse than Korpse or half the bottom 6. Short game sample sizes did alot for Davidson and even Osterle

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Sleps, Yakimov and even Platzer/Laleggia should all get a game or 2 in NHL to end the season. Give them some experience and let them chew on it. Our season is lost, so might as well audition guys. They arent worse than Korpse or half the bottom 6. Short game sample sizes did alot for Davidson and even Osterle

You only get 4 callups post trade deadline (unless of emergency). The Oilers already used 2 on Nurse and Brossoit.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
You only get 4 callups post trade deadline (unless of emergency). The Oilers already used 2 on Nurse and Brossoit.

Both those call ups were done before deadline for the exact purpose of them not counting.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
for me this was confirmation it was a family situation that caused him to leave so quickly--now I just got to figured out what the Hell sleps is up to or maybe my guys two weeks ago got Yakimov and Slep confused in telling me watch the Russian on the farm? No idea--but as per usual flame away

Actually it was reported that bogdan wanted to go back to have a better chance at making Team Russia for the world championships.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

If you call up Bo, what message does that send to other players that have been around? Quit on your team, come back when it suits you, and then get rewarded. He was doing nothing to warrant a call up when he bolted.

No one down there really warrants or has earned much of a callup. Lots of extra bodies up here. Let the guys down there get all the playing time they can, especially in a tense playoff race, which they're certainly not going to get here.

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Actually it was reported that bogdan wanted to go back to have a better chance at making Team Russia for the world championships.

that was not the reason being reported over here. I speak so so russian and my buddies speak so so English and I got the impression there was a family situation that lead to the sudden bolting back to here

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
If you call up Bo, what message does that send to other players that have been around? Quit on your team, come back when it suits you, and then get rewarded. He was doing nothing to warrant a call up when he bolted.

No one down there really warrants or has earned much of a callup. Lots of extra bodies up here. Let the guys down there get all the playing time they can, especially in a tense playoff race, which they're certainly not going to get here.

If it was a family situation then its ok, if he bolted for ice time then I agree with you

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
If it was a family situation then its ok, if he bolted for ice time then I agree with you

if it was regarding ice time...i dont know why the team would not have suspended him for the year.
considering the organization has not made any issue of it, it seems the idea of it being a case of family matter/emergency is very likely

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
I have a feeling after getting a bit of homecooking of cold borscht and sandwiches, freezing his butt off, playing in some old arenas and flying a few rickety planes, that he figured southern California wasn't too bad of a place to be stuck.

Pelmeni and Solyanka soup yum ..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad