GDT: Round 1 - Game 5 - Colorado Avalanche @ Winnipeg Jets - Tuesday, April 30th, 2024 - 8:30pm CDT - CBC/Sportsnet West - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
It will be a shame if Rangers go the distance and Wheeler doesn’t get his name on the cup

Reactions: Ponds

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
today is the beginning of the legend that is the 2024 Winnipeg Jets. This team has an opportunity to not only change the script on how everyone perceives their careers, but to become legends ala Winnipeg Falcons Olympic Champions. 13 years since return. Teemu was number 13. Teemu won a Stanley Cup. The Stanley Cup was won by the Winnipeg Victorias 3 times. 3+13 is 16. Josh Morrissey was 16 when the Jets returned 13 years ago. 16-13 is 3. 3 is how many games the Jets need to win in a row. #theprophecy

Last edited:

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
today is the beginning of the legend that is the 2024 Winnipeg Jets. This team has an opportunity to not only change the script on how everyone perceives their careers, but to become legends ala Winnipeg Falcons Olympic Champions. 13 years since return. Teemu was number 13. Teemu won a Stanley Cup. The Stanley Cup was won by the Winnipeg Victorias 3 times. 3+13 is 16. Josh Morrissey was 16 when the Jets returned 13 years ago. 16-13 is 3. 3 is how many games the Jets need to win in a row. #theprophecy
Throw me a fricken bone, indeed. Gonna need all the bones to have this one play out.

Reactions: sipowicz

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

Loved that movie

1000027766.gif

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Anybody notice in the Stars game how the stars got their goals?
Throwing the puck at the net … no slap shots just a quick wrist shot from any angle and sending players to net looking for rebounds. One went off the mask, one off a shoulder and the other was a rebound. That’s what you have to do in the playoffs to score goals.
I made a point of watching how many slap shots were used in the 3rd period. I counted only 2 … one was when no one was in front of the net and the other missed the net, hit the boards and came out of the zone and killed the momentum.
Hopefully the Jets D watched and noticed too you don’t have to blast the puck at the net.

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Really hoping for a W but really not confident based on this series so far. The Jets just seem so out matched with the Avs speed and puck moving. Just please show up at the minimum I guess, unlike few of the previous elimination games (Vegas and STL come to mind)

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
This is going to be a fun game to watch hopefully Ehlers gets the monkey of his back and scores the game winner and Perfetti shows he is ready for the big show.
I can see a few jokes in the future if the Jets win.
Scheifele calls out the coaches so Bones comes back with I'm taking Connor off your line and putting Ehlers on it ... who's laughing now.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad