Proposal: Boeser for Severson as a base?

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Uh....Vancouver?
The poster was giving a comparison as to how bad the original poster offer of Boeser for Severson is by throwing out the reverse comparison - Nico for Tanev... he/she wasn’t being serious .

On a side note, not sure why people are dumping on fans for offering trade proposals that include Boeser . Calling them trash because Boeser’s dad is battling cancer....
Who is to say those fans even had a clue about what he is going through personally....
I agree if a fan knew about this and wanted to trade him for not producing because his personal life is effecting his on-ice production ... then that is complete trash and yes that is disgusting.
But give people the benefit mod the doubt .
I follow a lot of hockey but as a fan of another team, I had no clue until now that Boeser’s dad is battling cancer.

Oh and , no way in hell severson in in the same ballpark as Boeser. I’m a devils fan and would obviously love to have Boeser but Canucks have no RW depth after Boeser and the only 1:1 deal that is fair in trade from the devils are two players that the devils won’t move - Hughes and Nico

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
The poster was giving a comparison as to how bad the original poster offer of Boeser for Severson is by throwing out the reverse comparison - Nico for Tanev... he/she wasn’t being serious .

On a side note, not sure why people are dumping on fans for offering trade proposals that include Boeser . Calling them trash because Boeser’s dad is battling cancer....
Who is to say those fans even had a clue about what he is going through personally....
I agree if a fan knew about this and wanted to trade him for not producing because his personal life is effecting his on-ice production ... then that is complete trash and yes that is disgusting.
But give people the benefit mod the doubt .
I follow a lot of hockey but as a fan of another team, I had no clue until now that Boeser’s dad is battling cancer.

Oh and , no way in hell severson in in the same ballpark as Boeser. I’m a devils fan and would obviously love to have Boeser but Canucks have no RW depth after Boeser and the only 1:1 deal that is fair in trade from the devils are two players that the devils won’t move - Hughes and Nico

I see.

Yes, I wouldn't be insulting Boeser, especially when his father is battling cancer. Not cool at all. Were they mostly our fans?

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Man alive, I didn't realize asking "who adds" insinuates that I was suggesting that deal straight up.

Perhaps I've misjudged Severson, but what if I used as a base (like suggested) Boeser for Severson, but added Eriksson from Vancouver, and Coleman from Jersey?

Boeser+Eriksson for Severson+Coleman?

I understand the situation surrounding Boeser, I really do. Obviously this is in a vacuum where players have no outside context, on a site meant to see if we could gauge approximate value.

Boeser is valuable, young, becoming a more rounded player, still putting up big time points. The only reason I would entertain the trade is because in order to maintain a cup window over the next few years we are going to need a few guys on ELC's to compliment our forward group (Madden, Podkolzin, Hoglander, Lind) and also need to some young guys on defense.......... (Rathbone, Woo? Maybe Rafferty?). With so much potential talent upfront (combined with not taking a single D man this past draft, our skillset as an organization seems awfully lopsided to me.

Still No!

Man alive, who offers up there star player while they're dealing with personal issues?

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
These Brock Boeser trade threads are gross.
Yes, he's on pace for less goals, but his ppg is about the same. The Canucks have a lot more depth than when he entered the league, so there's less puck to go around -- which is a good thing. His dad's health issues may be heavy on his mind, but come playoff time, it could be extra motivation for him to do well for his dad to enjoy watching.

Reactions: Jimbo57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad