Proposal: Boeser for Severson as a base?

Superlative Soup

Treasured and Marveled
Apr 8, 2013
Saskatchewan
Man alive, I didn't realize asking "who adds" insinuates that I was suggesting that deal straight up.

Perhaps I've misjudged Severson, but what if I used as a base (like suggested) Boeser for Severson, but added Eriksson from Vancouver, and Coleman from Jersey?

Boeser+Eriksson for Severson+Coleman?

I understand the situation surrounding Boeser, I really do. Obviously this is in a vacuum where players have no outside context, on a site meant to see if we could gauge approximate value.

Boeser is valuable, young, becoming a more rounded player, still putting up big time points. The only reason I would entertain the trade is because in order to maintain a cup window over the next few years we are going to need a few guys on ELC's to compliment our forward group (Madden, Podkolzin, Hoglander, Lind) and also need to some young guys on defense.......... (Rathbone, Woo? Maybe Rafferty?). With so much potential talent upfront (combined with not taking a single D man this past draft, our skillset as an organization seems awfully lopsided to me.
What's lopsided is the Canucks organizational lack of top 6 RWers. Boeser is the only one.

Reactions: zcaptain

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
What’s with these constant Boeser threads? Vancouver shouldn’t even be shopping him
Let alone for a lesser piece with spare part adds. If he moves, it'd be to improve the team, not because someone else wants him and here's whatever they're willing to part with.

Reactions: Cogburn

Jimbo57

Jan 28, 2018
What’s with these constant Boeser threads? Vancouver shouldn’t even be shopping him

its the myopic cut throat element in Vancouver's fan base - Brock pales in comparison to EP and Quinn Hughes when it comes to immediate impact ... ..kid goes on a bit of a slide for 6 weeks ((perhaps some can be attributed to his mental state in dealing with his ill father)so now the trash can portion of our fan base (motivated by some local media) want to unload the kid. No mercy. No patience. Canucks have some of the worst "fans" - just go visit HFBOARDS Canucks...

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Man alive, I didn't realize asking "who adds" insinuates that I was suggesting that deal straight up.

Perhaps I've misjudged Severson, but what if I used as a base (like suggested) Boeser for Severson, but added Eriksson from Vancouver, and Coleman from Jersey?

Boeser+Eriksson for Severson+Coleman?

I understand the situation surrounding Boeser, I really do. Obviously this is in a vacuum where players have no outside context, on a site meant to see if we could gauge approximate value.

Boeser is valuable, young, becoming a more rounded player, still putting up big time points. The only reason I would entertain the trade is because in order to maintain a cup window over the next few years we are going to need a few guys on ELC's to compliment our forward group (Madden, Podkolzin, Hoglander, Lind) and also need to some young guys on defense.......... (Rathbone, Woo? Maybe Rafferty?). With so much potential talent upfront (combined with not taking a single D man this past draft, our skillset as an organization seems awfully lopsided to me.

First of all don't jump the gun on "maintaining a cup window," the Canucks window isn't even open yet but they're moving in the right direction. Continue to let your young guys get better and in a couple years you'll start shedding the bad contracts on your team and replace those players with the prospects you mentioned when they are more developed.

Also, look at your RW depth without Boeser and tell me if that's really a smart move to try and move him... Seems like an absolute terrible move to me

Reactions: Jimbo57

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Seems simple to me, Devils add Nico.
Guys like Boesser, young proven goal scorer, dont get traded while cheap, unless return is huge

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
NJD needs to add significantly, the most obvious is Nico or their unprotected 1st. Boeser is already established and the projected level forwards drafted in the Top 10 is expected to reach.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Guys like Boesser, young proven goal scorer, dont get traded while cheap, unless return is huge

NJD needs to add significantly, the most obvious is Nico or their unprotected 1st. Boeser is already established and the projected level forwards drafted in the Top 10 is expected to reach.

Devils add Nico?

Brock Boeser is on a 66pt pace and plays winger on a good offensive team. Nico is on a 57pt pace and will be a selke candidate C one day. I didn't love OP either, but this comment is about as bad in the opposite direction.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg

TBH that's exactly what it implies.

Asking "who adds" makes it seem that you think it's pretty even and can't decide how much to balance it in either direction...

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

I get that the OP's suggestion was off base, but suggesting the Devils offer up Nico + Severson for Boeser is just as bad if not worse.

Nico and Boeser are probably rather close in value and I don't think either team would pull the trigger. Tossing in Severson on top of that is insane.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Devils add Nico?

Brock Boeser is on a 66pt pace and plays winger on a good offensive team. Nico is on a 57pt pace and will be a selke candidate C one day. I didn't love OP either, but this comment is about as bad in the opposite direction.
I wasnt being literal but making a point, Severson has talent but nowhere near enough for a Boesser, who wouldnt be traded except for a stark overpayment or unique young talent

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Ya, that makes way more sense. I obviously don't watch Nucks games much...but there have been a ton of "lets trade Boeser" posts lately....i was wondering what was up.
His dad is dying, he’s battling through and injury and he’s still almost a point per game and people are still trying to trade him, I don’t get it.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I get that the OP's suggestion was off base, but suggesting the Devils offer up Nico + Severson for Boeser is just as bad if not worse.

Nico and Boeser are probably rather close in value and I don't think either team would pull the trigger. Tossing in Severson on top of that is insane.

Nico >>> Boeser. He plays the more important position (and is excellent defensively), he's 2 years younger, and he's got way less offensive support.

Boeser is a solid top 6 winger, but he should really be producing more with the talent around him.

That said, Severson is trash and Vancouver would be crazy to move Boeser with him as the core piece.

Reactions: Merrrlin

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I wasnt being literal but making a point, Severson has talent but nowhere near enough for a Boesser, who wouldnt be traded except for a stark overpayment or unique young talent

I agree, I guess I just get frustrated by everyone always making a point in these threads to belittle each other or players. I guess that's on me. Boeser obviously wouldn't be traded, no one trades 30g/70pt potential players in their early 20's.

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
He had 56 points last year in 69 games. At his current pace, he'll have 55.4 points at his 69th game. Less goals, more assists.

Such a down year.

Stats don't tell everything. He just hasn't been himself this year when you watch him.

But yeah the idea of trading him is ridiculous

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Nico >>> Boeser. He plays the more important position (and is excellent defensively), he's 2 years younger, and he's got way less offensive support.

Boeser is a solid top 6 winger, but he should really be producing more with the talent around him.

That said, Severson is trash and Vancouver would be crazy to move Boeser with him as the core piece.

@bold, stopped reading right there.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019

Leafs will take the trash off your hands and we'll also give you Kapanen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad