Proposal: Boeser for Severson as a base?

Diablo2020

Feb 11, 2020
Calgary
What’s with these constant Boeser threads? Vancouver shouldn’t even be shopping him

He's having a down year. He's struggling with his shot and he's also dealing with his dad battling cancer. The worst time to trade him.

It’s the water...

Posted this in the VAN/DAL thread but it rings true here..

Boeser is something Vancouver hasnt had for a long long time. A hugely valuable asset we think we could do without.

So obviously we're going to include him in every armchair scenario we can to improve the team.

In the end, we've also never had young talent with such promise as Boeser on the wings so unless a Seth Jones or Matt Dumba becomes available Brock likely stays put for a long time.

Brock is 43rd all time in forward scoring for the Canucks. In his third year. Its about time we tried for some longevity and classy kids like Brock are a good place to start.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Posted this in the VAN/DAL thread but it rings true here..

Boeser is something Vancouver hasnt had for a long long time. A hugely valuable asset we think we could do without.

So obviously we're going to include him in every armchair scenario we can to improve the team.

In the end, we've also never had young talent with such promise as Boeser on the wings so unless a Seth Jones or Matt Dumba becomes available Brock likely stays put for a long time.

Brock is 43rd all time in forward scoring for the Canucks. In his third year. Its about time we tried for some longevity and classy kids like Brock are a good place to start.
I wouldn't trade him either but u can't put Seth Jones in there because now thread becomes Brock and, and, and for Jones

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I wouldn't trade him either but u can't put Seth Jones in there because now thread becomes Brock and, and, and for Jones

Not a Nucks fan, and not saying Boeser for Jones is even close to fair value but I think Brock for Jones is significantly closer than Brock for Damon Freaking Severson.

Reactions: Cogburn

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Not a Nucks fan, and not saying Boeser for Jones is even close to fair value but I think Brock for Jones is significantly closer than Brock for Damon Freaking Severson.
In actual play maybe, as an asset in a trade not even close.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Done no backsies.

For real though, if VAN was actually interested in something like this (they're not, but still) there aren't many assets I'd have off limits. Hischier, Hughes, Blackwood, Smith, and NJ's 1st 2020 are really the only untouchables.

LaLaLuongo

Sep 23, 2009
Man alive, I didn't realize asking "who adds" insinuates that I was suggesting that deal straight up.

Perhaps I've misjudged Severson, but what if I used as a base (like suggested) Boeser for Severson, but added Eriksson from Vancouver, and Coleman from Jersey?

Boeser+Eriksson for Severson+Coleman?

I understand the situation surrounding Boeser, I really do. Obviously this is in a vacuum where players have no outside context, on a site meant to see if we could gauge approximate value.

Boeser is valuable, young, becoming a more rounded player, still putting up big time points. The only reason I would entertain the trade is because in order to maintain a cup window over the next few years we are going to need a few guys on ELC's to compliment our forward group (Madden, Podkolzin, Hoglander, Lind) and also need to some young guys on defense.......... (Rathbone, Woo? Maybe Rafferty?). With so much potential talent upfront (combined with not taking a single D man this past draft, our skillset as an organization seems awfully lopsided to me.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
He's having a down year. He's struggling with his shot and he's also dealing with his dad battling cancer. The worst time to trade him.
I lost my mom to pancreatic cancer last year. If the Nucks trade him now they should be fined all their draft picks. Fans are absolutely sick if they think this is appropriate. Obviously they’ve never lost a parent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad