• Neither player is available.

Votes: 23 16.0%

• Total voters

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
@Three On Zero

BTW for the most part I appreciate you as a poster and you have some good ones. I'll wear your laughing reaction as a badge of honor. I'm a Nucks fan this year if Sabres are out (looking like it) Go twin team that hasn't won a cup yet like Buffalo!!!
It was just for the Hughes comment, I find comparing defenceman is like beating a dead horse. Especially when the defenceman have very different play styles

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Much like Dahlin, I can see Buffalo fans are overrating Cozens

(Not that Boeser has amazing value either)
I don't remember Dahlin overrating Cozens.
Then again, they are teammates so even if that were the case, I'd give him a pass.

Buffalo fans, however? Nah, outside of a few incorrigible homers/optimists we're not overrating our players. We're a jaded bunch of hopeless, cynical, often over-critical curmudgeons who tend to have a pretty realistic grasp on what our players can or cannot do.

Don't believe me? Go look up what Sabres fans here on hf had to say about ROR, Eichel, Reinhart, Kane, Bogo, Montour, Borgen, Risto, ... before they were traded.

Each of those players has met or outperformed their pre-trade assessment by the majority of Sabres fans, sometimes even by a quite a bit.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
I'm not a Boeser guy, I would be looking to potentially trade him in the offseason depending on how things go if we can maximize his return. Someone like Cozens would definitely be of interest in an offseason trade.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I don't remember Dahlin overrating Cozens.
Then again, they are teammates so even if that were the case, I'd give him a pass.

Buffalo fans, however? Nah, outside of a few incorrigible homers/optimists we're not overrating our players. We're a jaded bunch of hopeless, cynical, often over-critical curmudgeons who tend to have a pretty realistic grasp on what our players can or cannot do.

Don't believe me? Go look up what Sabres fans here on hf had to say about ROR, Eichel, Reinhart, Kane, Bogo, Montour, Borgen, Risto, ... before they were traded.

Each of those players has met or outperformed their pre-trade assessment by the majority of Sabres fans, sometimes even by a quite a bit.

I think this narrative was driven more by av's fan (who are still bitter to this day) that Canucks fans had the absolute "gaul" to compare Hughes to the Almighty Makar. Saying last year that Dahlin was on another level than Hughes and Hughes would never match that.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Boeser has more value this year, but when looking at age, position and contract term, Vancouver adds. If a trade like this were to happen, Boeser + for Cozens, it would def be an off-season type move.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The problem with the proposal is that it really doesn’t make sense for either team based on need. Trading Boeser opens a hole Cozens may or not fill, and Boeser would not fill a need on Buffalo.
Brock doesn't bring any intangibles to Buffalo. He's purely a scorer. Great guy off the ice. But, he's not a locker room leader. Does nothing for Buffalo.
Really makes very little sense for Buffalo. They've already locked up Cozens for long term. No reason to bring in Brock who is UFA in 2025.

Brock is having an amazing season after a couple of seasons of injuries and family health issues. Good to see him bounce back.

Reactions: Tatanka

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 1