Votes: 85 59.0%
  • Seems fair for both teams.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Neither player is available.

Votes: 23 16.0%

• Total voters

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Trading Brock Boeser an All-Star, would undoubtedly be a difficult decision for the Canucks given his talent and popularity among fans, from a strategic standpoint, however exploring trade opportunities while his value is high could potentially benefit the team's long-term competitiveness and roster construction.

I also seems unlikely the Canucks will resign Boeser in a couple of years if he is looking for a big raise.

The Sabres 15 year (for real) rebuild appears to be sputtering again. Buffalo needs to find some vets that have character and who can score. Boeser is an elite finisher and a high character player who plays a 200 foot game.

Right hand Shot, Cozens is having a poor year but can play centre or wing and is good on the PK.

Canucks save their prospects and picks for other trades.

Would Boeser for Cozens work for both teams?

Last edited:

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Trading Brock Boeser would undoubtedly be a difficult decision for the Canucks given his talent and popularity among fans, from a strategic standpoint, however exploring trade opportunities while his value is high could potentially benefit the team's long-term competitiveness and roster construction.

I also seems unlikely the Canucks will resign Boeser in a couple of years if he is looking for a big raise.

The Sabres 15 year (for real) rebuild appears to be sputtering again. Buffalo needs to find some vets that have character and who can score. Boeser is an elite finisher and a high character player who plays a 200 foot game.

Cozens is having a poor year but can play centre or wing and is good on the PK.

Wasn't Vancouver trying to trade him away last year?

Anyways hell no from Buffalo.

Reactions: Ciao

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Trading Brock Boeser would undoubtedly be a difficult decision for the Canucks given his talent and popularity among fans, from a strategic standpoint, however exploring trade opportunities while his value is high could potentially benefit the team's long-term competitiveness and roster construction.

Cozens is having a poor year but can play centre or wing and is good on the PK.

Hell f***ing now.

if Buffalo is rebuilding, they are not in the market to acquire a UFA 1+yr rental.

The cost of 1+ rental is not a player like Cozens

Boesser can’t skate and is a 1+ rental to UFA while Cozens has 6 more years on his contract.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
Cozens peaked already
???? At 22 yo? After a 70 point season because entire team is down this year? Also, just to point out centers are worth>>>>>>>>>wingers

Especially big ones that have ever scored at the level he did at age 21 last year

Also… To close this out… What is Buffalo doing making this trads? They have way too many top six wingers in their system as it is, they’re going to have to treat at least one to two of them minimum probably three… And this is not the weakness of their team. They have no interest in this trade whatsoever.

Reactions: Ciao

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Not sure what the Canucks pro scouting staff thinks of Dylan Cozens, but even if they like him, I doubt the Canucks do that deal this season as it could mess w/ team chemistry before the playoffs. It may be worth revisiting in the summer though.. Is Brock friend's w/ fellow Minnesotan, Casey Mittelstat?

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I think Cozens has more trade value than Boeser

Even if Vancouver offered to include their 1st rd pick, I can't imagine Buffalo would be at all interested

And even with their 1st rd pick included, I think Vancouver would gladly take the deal

nuxnux1

Oct 17, 2022
Value wise it’s not fair for buffalo, but boeser is a guy who the room loves having a feel good story season, you don’t move him at all unless he wants out. I’d rather give up prospects that have more value in a vacuum rather than risk disturbing that chemistry in the room right now.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Makes less than zero sense for Buffalo to trade a long term piece for a guy that close to UFA. That and it's trading a play driver for a finisher.

It would be disruptive for Vancouver, who are having a great season, so I don't think they want to risk it. But I actually think chances are it would be a good trade for Vancouver. It gives them a fearsome 2C (if they're intent on keeping Miller and Pettersson together) and they can then shop for a replacement sniper, which is I think easier to get than a top six center. Buffalo isn't touching it anyways, and neither is Vancouver. Just a thought.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Trading Brock Boeser an All-Star, would undoubtedly be a difficult decision for the Canucks given his talent and popularity among fans, from a strategic standpoint, however exploring trade opportunities while his value is high could potentially benefit the team's long-term competitiveness and roster construction.

Right hand Shot, Cozens is having a poor year but can play centre or wing and is good on the PK.

Should have added a no thanks for Vancouver. This isn’t the right play for a team in first and a guy that already has 30 goals. We need him and he is a big part of the success.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I am curious to see what Buffalo does this TDL and off-season. Are they going to change up the chemistry of their core?

I wonder if there is a world where they figure they can trade a signed-Cozens for more than a rental Mittlestadt—which then allows them to re-sign Mittlestatdt and recoup assets?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00