Confirmed with Link: Boedker traded to Colorado for Bleackley, Wood, Tanguay

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I forget the exact verbiage he used, but the wanting to win quote was a little odd because he played like **** for the majority of the season here. I understand wanting to go to a better team, but it's not he was gretzky era doan, or oel last year, being dragged down by garbage all around him. He was a big reason we were losing in the first place, so take some responsibility for it. Anyone have or remember the quote?

I don't hate him or anything, I still hope he does well, but I'm not going to cheer for another team that he's on just because he's on it(like I do yandle). Despite his contract problems in the past, prior to this year I would've.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

So your idea of a player carrying his weight and bringing his work boots was #89 between January and March? That's your idea of a good soldier out there? It must be nice to have such low standards. Probably helps you enjoy watching this team the last few years.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
No. He had 50% of his rotation left, he put down his gun, and sat down in the sand with his face in his palms. Refused to move or contribute.

I disagree with the entire premise. Boedker isn't a soldier and the Coyotes sure aren't a country. Loyalties are for fans, not players. Players know that teams use them, trade them, chew them up and spit them out.

A better analogy is to consider players mercenaries and teams private contractors. Both sides are expected to fulfill their side of the contract (which is why I fault Turris and not Boedker). Loyalty ends with the termination of a contract, or a trade, or a waiver.

Unwavering loyalty occurs in fans, not players. Players know that clubs have no loyalty to them either.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
This doesn't make much sense. Turris actively harmed the team, on-ice, on purpose. Boedker is a deserter. Turris was a full blown traitor. Both get put to death, but the latter goes into the history books.
Desertion is an abandonment of your post without being properly relieved, and with the intention never to return. The only Coyote in my 4 seasons who could be brought up on such charges is Gilbert Brule ... I hope his firefighting career is going well.

Edit: he's in the KHL. Ugh.

Turris treason perhaps; if he had co-conspirators then subversion may be more accurate. Treason is an individual act and subversion when you attempt to undermine authority and encourage others to commit offenses. Wheeler wasn't here to encourage others do the same, so he's a straightforward one man treason case.

While I'm rolling through the Uniform Code of Military Justice, Ribeiro gets brought up on Article 133 - Conduct Unbecoming - or just good old fashioned 112: Drunk on Duty. John Scott may have been tagged with the catch-all Article 92: Failure to Obey an Order or Regulation, punishment being exile to Newfoundland.

If we're going full-utilitarian, Boedker gets charged with Article 108, willful destruction or theft of Coyotes property (ie: his trade value). Article 99: Misbehavior Before The Enemy (cowardice) may be appropriate but I would probably just give him administrative punishment and retraining for sucking at his job.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
Desertion is an abandonment of your post without being properly relieved, and with the intention never to return. The only Coyote in my 4 seasons who could be brought up on such charges is Gilbert Brule ... I hope his firefighting career is going well.

Edit: he's in the KHL. Ugh.

Turris treason perhaps; if he had co-conspirators then subversion may be more accurate. Treason is an individual act and subversion when you attempt to undermine authority and encourage others to commit offenses. Wheeler wasn't here to encourage others do the same, so he's a straightforward one man treason case.

While I'm rolling through the Uniform Code of Military Justice, Ribeiro gets brought up on Article 133 - Conduct Unbecoming - or just good old fashioned 112: Drunk on Duty. John Scott may have been tagged with the catch-all Article 92: Failure to Obey an Order or Regulation, punishment being exile to Newfoundland.

If we're going full-utilitarian, Boedker gets charged with Article 108, willful destruction or theft of Coyotes property (ie: his trade value). Article 99: Misbehavior Before The Enemy (cowardice) may be appropriate but I would probably just give him administrative punishment and retraining for sucking at his job.

Ha thanks for the laughs.

Brule went to become a firefighter?

This dude sounds like a Player's Tribune article waiting to happen.

From his Wiki page:

Brulé received further media attention a year later for picking up a pair of hitchhikers who turned out to be Irish rock band U2 frontman Bono and his assistant in a West Vancouver neighbourhood on May 31, 2011.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I think this analogy has officially jumped the shark :laugh:

Right?!

There's a difference between desertion and shell shocked.

Turris, sure, he flat gave up. Boedker was a mess, but I don't think he was intentionally playing his way out of town; rather the opposite, I think.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
There was quite a bit of "Boedker is garbage" from the trade board, as I remember it.
That's because the trade board IS garbage. Anytime I post you can assume it's 100% referencing board 40 unless otherwise noted.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Right?!

There's a difference between desertion and shell shocked.

Turris, sure, he flat gave up. Boedker was a mess, but I don't think he was intentionally playing his way out of town; rather the opposite, I think.

Are you saying Boedker suffered from shell shock? Tippet should have just slapped him...worked for Patton (or maybe not)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I think Boedker felt some pressure and folded like a cheap suit. Just buckled.

And the Coyotes are better off having witnessed it. Avoided another terrible contract.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Boedker is the Butterbar from the Academy who is all gungho, but froze under shellfire, so he ends up in the Quartermaster Corps where he is still useful.

Turris is the Butterbar who graduated top 3 in his class at the Academy who is now approaching MTIG because his CO keeps giving him # efficiency reports because the CO is a mustang who used to be a top kick and resents all Academy grads. Turris is stuck guarding the supply line, and wants to at the front leading the charge. So he decided to ignore his charge and instead head off toward home while OPFOR rampaged through the rear echelon causing the entire front to disintegrate.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Those guys get shot. I think Turris wants the glory without the risk/work. Also known as a spotlight Ranger.
Fobbit. Geardo. Hard Lurker. Lots of pejoratives are in play lol.

Just sorted all our "Confirmed With Link" threads by length. #1 is a no-brainer, but 2, 3, 6 and 8 are really surprising.

1) Yandle-for-Duclair deal ... 856 replies
2) Boedker-for-Tanguay deal ... 542
3) Moss re-signed, 1 year, $800k ... 428
4) Gagner-for-Grossmann and Pronger ... 385
5) Vermette-for-Dahlbeck and 1st ... 350
6) Max Domi back to the CHL (2014) ... 349
7) Ribeiro buyout ... 348
8) Boedker re-signed (1 yr, $3.75m) ... 334
9) Gagner and Crombeen for 6th ... 292
10) Rundblad and Brisebois for 2nd ... 269

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Ganger and crombeen for 6th... yikes

In a vacuum it looks bad, but it was a brilliant move in context. Maloney's penchant for pulling off nice little moves like that one is what is so endearing about him. His refusal to be adventurous when it's called for is what I dislike most.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
In a vacuum it looks bad, but it was a brilliant move in context. Maloney's penchant for pulling off nice little moves like that one is what is so endearing about him. His refusal to be adventurous when it's called for is what I dislike most.

I always wonder what GMDM would do if we were a cap team?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I always wonder what GMDM would do if we were a cap team?

You don't have to be a cap team to be good. That's why I admire the Ducks organization. Near the bottom third in payroll and always competitive. There are a few other teams as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad