Confirmed with Link: Boedker traded to Colorado for Bleackley, Wood, Tanguay

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It's the inconsistency that makes Boedker a $3-$4 M hockey player versus the $6+ he wants and the ridiculous $5+ that we were offering.

If expansion draft were held this summer I don't think I would have protected him.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It's the inconsistency that makes Boedker a $3-$4 M hockey player versus the $6+ he wants and the ridiculous $5+ that we were offering.

If expansion draft were held this summer I don't think I would have protected him.

I wouldn't go that far.:)

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Tanguay has 6pts in 5gp. 3G 3A.

More importantly, Vermette had 1pt in the 7gms preceding Tanguay and now has 9pts in 5gp with Tanguay on his line. And it's Tanguay carrying Vermette, not the other way around.

Who knew that we could trade Boedker for the old Tanguay and the old Vermette?

Tanguay had a pretty good year for us last season too.

It's interesting, since the same problems Arizona fans had with Boedker (inconsistent, lack of effort, etc) are the ones Avs fans had with Tanguay. He was enigmatic this season, barely seemed like he wanted to be in the NHL anymore with all the boneheaded decisions he made.

Maybe all he needed was to be given a big role again and put on a team with less pressure? Would be interesting if he could have a Whitney-like resurgence on your team and keep playing another few years.

I think in the end the Avs traded an inconsistent older winger for an inconsistent younger winger that fit the core's age, adding on some assets for those years. The intent being to see if Boedker was a fit or not instead of targeting him in the offseason and being unsure.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I think in the end the Avs traded an inconsistent older winger for an inconsistent younger winger that fit the core's age, adding on some assets for those years. The intent being to see if Boedker was a fit or not instead of targeting him in the offseason and being unsure.

So (as an Avs supporter), even though the sample size is small, IF the Avs decided to re-sign him, how much do you think the offer should be (term/pay)?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
So (as an Avs supporter), even though the sample size is small, IF the Avs decided to re-sign him, how much do you think the offer should be (term/pay)?

I would recommend the same thing to the Avs I recommended a year ago to the Coyotes: nothing more than $4M/4Y.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

I think they can afford around 5/yr. They also need a winger like him for the top 6, so if Rads doesn't come I'd be ok signing him around that mark. He is young and the hit won't be as bad the longer it goes.

Some of us are torn on his worth though. Ultimately as a UFA I think less than 5 is wishful and 5 couldn't hurt us too bad if he can keep putting up 50 points a year. He wouldn't get 5.5-6 from us.

I prefer shorter contracts personally, it is a risky signig if we go 4+ years, but they signed Soderberg to 5, so 5 sounds about right. I think there are a lot worse signings than Boeds for a 5x5 deal this summer and we ultimately need him.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think they can afford around 5/yr. They also need a winger like him for the top 6, so if Rads doesn't come I'd be ok signing him around that mark. He is young and the hit won't be as bad the longer it goes.

Some of us are torn on his worth though. Ultimately as a UFA I think less than 5 is wishful and 5 couldn't hurt us too bad if he can keep putting up 50 points a year. He wouldn't get 5.5-6 from us.

I prefer shorter contracts personally, it is a risky signig if we go 4+ years, but they signed Soderberg to 5, so 5 sounds about right. I think there are a lot worse signings than Boeds for a 5x5 deal this summer and we ultimately need him.

I have said all along Boed's is in the $4.5 range and I will stick to that.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Some of us are torn on his worth though. Ultimately as a UFA I think less than 5 is wishful and 5 couldn't hurt us too bad if he can keep putting up 50 points a year.
I think you have the proper perspective on what Boedker will bring to the table. He'll be solid and will have some streaks that make you think he's breaking out but then he'll disappear for long streaks as well and ultimately will end up in the 50pt range. He's a good player who will always leave you wanting more. I think the 4.5 range is good but I also agree with you that if you can get $5M/4yr that's not a horrible deal considering how overpriced UFA's are in general and Boedkers still relatively young age. You might even be lucky enough to get an outlier year from Boedker, he definitely has the talent.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I think you have the proper perspective on what Boedker will bring to the table. He'll be solid and will have some streaks that make you think he's breaking out but then he'll disappear for long streaks as well and ultimately will end up in the 50pt range. He's a good player who will always leave you wanting more. I think the 4.5 range is good but I also agree with you that if you can get $5M/4yr that's not a horrible deal considering how overpriced UFA's are in general and Boedkers still relatively young age. You might even be lucky enough to get an outlier year from Boedker, he definitely has the talent.

To add onto the Avs perspective, I really hope that Sakic + Roy don't look at what he's doing now and expect it on a consistent basis... but it's amazing what a player of Boedker's caliber (when he's on; so far every game) does to our team's top 9. He's showing us what our team could look like when we don't have a bottom 6 player on the 1st line, something we haven't seen since 2013-14.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I predicted Boedker would put up 15pts for the Avs and I was laughed at. It looks like he's well on his way to vindicating me. :)

What nobody could've predicted was that Tanguay would have 7pts in his first 8gp or the unbelievable impact his addition would make on Antoine Vermette who had struggled to find any chemistry or any production all season but has put up 10pts in 8gp with Tanguay on his wing. Vermette had put up 2pts in the 8gp before Tanguay suited up. Miraculous turn-around.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I pretty much figured this was a decent trade for both sides considering Boedker's last "hurrah" with us. Sure, it would have been nice to get a somewhat better deal (had Boedker kept up his scoring ways), but it is what it is.

If anything, we can re-visit this in 2 years :laugh:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I predicted Boedker would put up 15pts for the Avs and I was laughed at. It looks like he's well on his way to vindicating me. :)

What nobody could've predicted was that Tanguay would have 7pts in his first 8gp or the unbelievable impact his addition would make on Antoine Vermette who had struggled to find any chemistry or any production all season but has put up 10pts in 8gp with Tanguay on his wing. Vermette had put up 2pts in the 8gp before Tanguay suited up. Miraculous turn-around.

Who laughed at you? Bods is so inconsistent he's hard to predict in general, so a wide range of predictions would've been understandable. Plus with the talent he's playing with he was bound to record more points than when he was here.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

Who laughed at you? Bods is so inconsistent he's hard to predict in general, so a wide range of predictions would've been understandable. Plus with the talent he's playing with he was bound to record more points than when he was here.

I'm too lazy to go look but I know I made some posts about Boedker being close to PPG and at least one saying specifically he'll get 10-15pts in March and I don't remember too many people disagreeing. There were a some dissenters mostly led by XX and his fancy stats but I think rt's man on an island memory is a bit off here.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
That's Boedker. Inconsistent. He has been doing that for years.
It's the "driving to the net" part that bothers me...I've seen him do it a few times now watching Avs games/highlights. Why he didn't do that here is beyond me.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm too lazy to go look but I know I made some posts about Boedker being close to PPG and at least one saying specifically he'll get 10-15pts in March and I don't remember too many people disagreeing. There were a some dissenters mostly led by XX and his fancy stats but I think rt's man on an island memory is a bit off here.

There was quite a bit of "Boedker is garbage" from the trade board, as I remember it.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I don't care if Boedker ends up winning the Art Ross Trophy as an Av - I'm just glad we don't have to deal with his contract drama and the attendant "Is he good or not?" debate every stinking year anymore.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It's the "driving to the net" part that bothers me...I've seen him do it a few times now watching Avs games/highlights. Why he didn't do that here is beyond me.

He did, just not consistently, so for shooting. Maybe a trade might rattle his cage and he might finally get it.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Same. My feelings on Turris are pretty neutral. Wheeler however need to bleed every time we play Winterpeg.

This doesn't make much sense. Turris actively harmed the team, on-ice, on purpose. Boedker is a deserter. Turris was a full blown traitor. Both get put to death, but the latter goes into the history books.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
This doesn't make much sense. Turris actively harmed the team, on-ice, on purpose. Boedker is a deserter. Turris was a full blown traitor. Both get put to death, but the latter goes into the history books.

I don't have any bad feelings about Boedker. He earned free agency. It's his right. Why should he give up income, or a chance to chase the cup, if that's what he wants. No one has ever told me to stay with a company and forego income or satisfaction in the name of loyalty. All of us who have worked for another know that that loyalty is rarely rewarded back. Kudos to Doan, but don't expect all to follow his lead.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
The parting shot about wanting to win will forever seal my hate for Boedker

What a child, maybe he should look in a mirror

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Meh, Boedker wanted to test free agency. Winning is a lot more fun than losing. He's been a good footsoldier and he had a crappy year with all the contract/trade talk. Not everyone can handle that and leave it off-ice. Personally, I think he sort of bluffed and Maloney called it. Good luck to him. Maybe the trade clears his head. Certainly seems to be working for him so far.

I feel pretty much the same thing about Wheeler, though I like him less. It would have been nice if he'd showed some appreciation to the team that drafted him ridiculously higher than the consensus, but he doesn't owe that to them. He had a loophole to go wherever he wanted, and he picked an original six team that was a contender for less money. That was his right. Karma bit him in the ass anyway when he was dealt right before they won a cup, and now he's wintering in Winnipeg.

This team saw Turris as a bottom six center in a year that we had zero center depth -- according to Maloney. I don't blame him for wanting out either. Turris held out for way more money than he was worth, made it publicly clear that he wasn't interested in playing in Arizona anymore, and then absolutely dogged it on the ice AFTER Don finally caved giving him big money, tanking his trade value and taking shots all the way out of town. He sits highest on my pantheon of hate for former Coyotes. But I still don't blame him for wanting out. He just was an absolute ****** for the way he handled it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad