BodyArmor to replace BioSteel as NHL official sports drink

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Idk how popular BioSteel is in Canada but I can't say I've ever seen anyone drinking it there or talking about it and I've been multiple times, and it really had no presence down here. Only reason I ever heard of it is their NHL deal and the only time I ever had it was when they gave it away outside the Honda Center after Ducks games. Can't say I was a fan really.

I also don't get why it was in boxes.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Disappointed. NHL missed a major opportunity

1712021144628.gif

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
They get me through Friday morning hangovers at work after dart night with the boys Thursdays. Highly recommend.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Idk how popular BioSteel is in Canada but I can't say I've ever seen anyone drinking it there or talking about it and I've been multiple times, and it really had no presence down here. Only reason I ever heard of it is their NHL deal and the only time I ever had it was when they gave it away outside the Honda Center after Ducks games. Can't say I was a fan really.

The stuff in boxes is mixed waaay to sweet imo and it leaves out all the vitamins.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

It’s pretty much the only thing I’ve ever seen anyone remotely athletic drinking for the last few years

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I never seen this shit before until the past few months.

Before they were bought out, I remember them as a startup passing out free bottles at Spring Training circa 2013. It tasted so bad that I've never given it another chance. But kudos to the creator for cashing in, definitely not something I would have forecast after that first taste.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Is it more popular than BioSteel in the states ?

BioSteel is everywhere and aside from maybe gatorade/powerade stuff there isn't a real "rival" to it, so this seems like the NHL taking more from a lesser brand.
Biosteel expanded too quick and it came back to bite them in the ass

Reactions: capazzo

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia