BodyArmor to replace BioSteel as NHL official sports drink

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
I thought coke was?
1712010316153.jpeg

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Damn I just bought a BioSteel water bottle.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Not sure if you live in the US but it's been around here for awhile. I want to say Kobe was an original investor?

They're owned by Coke, so they're not going anywhere.
Body armour? I realize my post doesn't really specify, but that's the company I just started seeing around st Circle K and Wal-Mart.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Is it more popular than BioSteel in the states ?

BioSteel is everywhere and aside from maybe gatorade/powerade stuff there isn't a real "rival" to it, so this seems like the NHL taking more from a lesser brand.

Biosteel is broke mostly because they are everywhere. They filed for Bankruptcy:

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008

BioSteel is everywhere and aside from maybe gatorade/powerade stuff there isn't a real "rival" to it, so this seems like the NHL taking more from a lesser brand.
BioSteel barely exists in the US. Body Armor is in most stores (and has been) and it’s owned by Coca Cola. It has significantly more backing than BioSteel if I had to guess.

I’ve only had it a couple times cause I mostly drink water or a Gatorade zero if I want something like that. But I know people who drink it

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Vastly more popular.

This data's about a year and change old, but BodyArmor's apparently the #2 brand behind Gatorade and ahead of Powerade by a sliver (but BA and PA are both owned by Coke, so combined they're the #2 company at about 30% market share.) BioSteel isn't a blip on the radar.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Maybe it's just me but Body Armor isn't exactly a drink I'd have while I'm exhausted, sweating my buns off and in need of hydration.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I’m disappointed it wasn’t Milk or Prime (AM34 flavor only).

Body Armor is all over in the States. I've never seen BioSteel anywhere down here
Only place I’ve actually seen it is in Pure Hockey and at a small fitness expo where they gave out samples of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad