Bobby Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
4 More Years of MoToR

It is awesome to see these guys all on long contracts, especially after losing everyone on the pizza line. Let's hope it lasts a lot longer than 4 years, and that the chemistry gets even better!

VortexDr

Jul 5, 2013
Have to expect that Ryan signing might make Methot take a little less pay if thats whats holding it up

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
200.gif

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Fantastic signing of Bobby. This contract starts a year from now and with rising caps and corresponding player salaries this deal will quickly become a great one for the Sens.

A joke on TGOR this a.m. ..... Ryan must have signed the contract early yesterday before practice because MacLean immediately moved him to the 2nd PP unit.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
I've never understood the inferiority complex too many Sens fans have with the Flyer rumours and sky is falling attitude with the organization for 'losing' players and not spending money. Everything has actually been pointed in the right direction all summer and I have to say that Murray and co. have done a very good job.

From the end of last season, the Senators have re-signed/extended 4 key UFA's (Ryan/MacArthur/Anderson/Michalek) for a total of only $4.2M more than they were being paid before. That's in total for all 4 players. Also added a veteran centre that can skate in Legwand for $3M. Add in Chiasson from the Spezza trade and the total cap cost of all this is right around where Spezza would have commanded for an extension.

Funny thing is, this team is better without Spezza. So basically in the long run, the Senators have improved and it's almost like it's not costing them anything.

I've said it before, but Murray/Melnyk are not cheap, they're just planning shrewdly. Good signing today.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
I was pretty close:

"As per usual, take this for what it's worth...

Apparently Ryan has "committed" to an extension,but there are apparently two deals on the table.

The first deal is for 2-3 years, at around 7.5M per.
The second is a 7-8 year deal worth around 6.5M per, that's front loaded in the first couple of seasons (as much as it can be with the new CBA)

Ryan asked for some time to consider the two offers, and both sides are supposed to resume talks again in Sept."

He ended up getting the first deal's money with the second deal's term + NMC. Bobby Ryan got what he wanted...

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
HOLY !!!

Was not expecting this this morning!!

wow yip yip

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Awesome, about time sens management makes me feel like they know what there doing a little bit.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
So of the available upcoming FAs - MacArthur, Ryan, Anderson, Lehner, and Methot, Melynk and Murray have signed all but one of them to decent term and money deals.

Remember how some of us said we wouldn't be concerned about the budget until we started losing our own players for nothing...? Well, so far, in my opinion, the budget talk has been much ado about nothing.

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
Notice he signed 6 days before the start of the season. If Michalek had a different number he would have signed 3 days ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad