Bobby Ryan Thread II

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
No one knows if Ryan has played through injury or not, yet we are speaking as thought we know for fact now, since, he fell into the boards at full speed, and got injured? Puhlease. Let's wait until the facts actually come out.

The Senators announce after the Olympic break Ryan had a nagging injury and that he had had it for quite some time.

MacLean said after the break they intended to give Ryan as much time as possible, this time was measured in days.

Ryan probably played when he shouldn't have, and came back after the Olmpics when he shouldn't have.

Last edited:

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Stone was brought up on a regular call-up not an emergency call-up. If it was emergency, then he could be returned when Ryan returned to the line-up. They used a regular call-up (they have one left now) so he would have to clear waivers to be sent back down (if I'm not mistaken).

If the team thought Ryan was coming back, they'd have used an emergency call-up and not the regular one.

"ChocolateLeclaire":

Mark Stone could NOT be recalled under emergency conditions, therefore he had to be a regular call up as Ottawa is NOT under that condition..................

Also Mark Stone is exempt from waivers..........................

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
Have you seen Turris play the year before he came here?

Turris was coming off a very solid playoff series against the Wings. His devaluation had far more to do with his contract dispute than with his play.

That said, I do think Edler could benefit from a change of scenery. Although he is a bit like an offensive version of Cowen: got the tools, doesn't have the hockey sense.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Stone goes on Ryan's line. Defence TBA. Anderson will back up. Ryan has been playing hurt but aggravated it Saturday.

Wayne Scanlan - 19 minutes ago

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Stone goes on Ryan's line. Defence TBA. Anderson will back up. Ryan has been playing hurt but aggravated it Saturday.

Wayne Scanlan - 19 minutes ago

Just speculating here, but I have a funny feeling it might've been some sort of groin injury that has been hampering him during the season. He never seemed to have much power in his legs from what I've seen this year. No way his skating was like that for his whole NHL career.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Just speculating here, but I have a funny feeling it might've been some sort of groin injury that has been hampering him during the season. He never seemed to have much power in his legs from what I've seen this year. No way his skating was like that for his whole NHL career.

I agree.

Of course it's more fun to blame it on his feelings getting hurt. Stay dumb, hockey world.

Senafan

May 17, 2013
No point coming back now. Get back to 100% and train like a beast in the off season.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
We already know we're going to table Ryan a huge contract because we simply cannot afford having him walk

I really hope we're able to sign during this off-season: offer him a great contract despite his off year and hope he takes it

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
We already know we're going to table Ryan a huge contract because we simply cannot afford having him walk

I really hope we're able to sign during this off-season: offer him a great contract despite his off year and hope he takes it

Can we do that? I thought I heard we could only negotiate once the season starts? Or is July 1st?

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
You can negotiate and agree in principle whenever you want, but the extension can't be registered with the league before July 1st. That's because the CBA stipulates you can't extend a contract with more than one year remaining on it.

Pittsburgh have dealt with their star players in this fashion the past few years. They make their best offer at the draft and either get them signed (Letang, Malkin) or ship them out (Staal).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad