Bobby Ryan Thread II

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
If he is still here....

If he is so hurt, he shouldnt be playing... He is not providing much this year. I would rather him get surgery now and be in better shape for training camp next year than wait until the summer and have him show up to training camp out of shape.

Won't happen until the team is mathematically eliminated. Even then, I can see him still playing in some misguided attempt to make the draft pick not be as bad as possible.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
When Ryan was down he immediately reached for where he was rumoured to be injured.

Just get the surgery already.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I didnt see the game, was it his leg?

Somewhere between the belly button and hip bone. Whatever thats called.

You could tell he was in huge pain and that area didn't even get hit while he crashed in the boards.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
This guy played through something serious. I like him even more. I laugh at all the fools who thought Burke's comment somehow made him worse.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Done for the year. Glad so many of you took the time to **** all over him while he tried to play thru a serious injury.

I wouldn't blame him for leaving Ottawa on account of the fairweather fans.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
This guy played through something serious. I like him even more. I laugh at all the fools who thought Burke's comment somehow made him worse.

yeah i always knew it was just coincidence that he got injured (not on the ice at the time) at the exact second burke opened his mouth.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Done for the year. Glad so many of you took the time to **** all over him while he tried to play thru a serious injury.

I wouldn't blame him for leaving Ottawa on account of the fairweather fans.

lol - if this were the case the only players that would be here would be Turris, Mac, Ceci, Hoffman and Stone. I think this fanbase has crapped all over every other player at some point in the last 365 days.

That said, I agree with your statement.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I really doubt he wants to stay here... I think Murray has a serious decision to make this summer about Bobby. If he doesnt want to sign you need to figure out what you can get for him before the deadline..

If ever that happens and I'm not saying it will but would you guys try something like Ryan + Wiercoch for Edler +++

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I really doubt he wants to stay here... I think Murray has a serious decision to make this summer about Bobby. If he doesnt want to sign you need to figure out what you can get for him before the deadline..

If ever that happens and I'm not saying it will but would you guys try something like Ryan + Wiercoch for Edler +++

What? Have you watched Edler play this year? He's not worth Patrick Wiercoch straight up.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Where did you hear he was done for the year?

Stone was brought up on a regular call-up not an emergency call-up. If it was emergency, then he could be returned when Ryan returned to the line-up. They used a regular call-up (they have one left now) so he would have to clear waivers to be sent back down (if I'm not mistaken).

If the team thought Ryan was coming back, they'd have used an emergency call-up and not the regular one.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
What? Have you watched Edler play this year? He's not worth Patrick Wiercoch straight up.

Have you seen Turris play the year before he came here?

There would be way more than Edler coming back and no questions he is better than Wiercoch IMO.

Would be something with a 2015 1rst and a prospect and even a roster player

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
lol - if this were the case the only players that would be here would be Turris, Mac, Ceci, Hoffman and Stone. I think this fanbase has crapped all over every other player at some point in the last 365 days.

According to this fanbase Stone can't skate, so scratch him off your list.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com

I remember being crapped on about a year ago for saying the Turris is a big game player, and that he would be great in the playoffs. He had horrible stretches last season where he did not produce anything on offense, and the fans on this board were almost as hard on him as they now are on Ryan.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
no one knows if Ryan will stay or not....hell i am sure Ryan himself doesn't know yet

yet people seem to think they know he wont stay :shakehead:help:

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
No one knows if Ryan has played through injury or not, yet we are speaking as thought we know for fact now, since, he fell into the boards at full speed, and got injured? Puhlease. Let's wait until the facts actually come out.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario

Remove Hoffman from your list, many on here were saying he was a career AHLer with no upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad