Bobby Ryan Thread II

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Appreciate the data Lethal, I don't believe how MacLean has handled ice time on this team makes sense, IMO Ryan is just the most obvious example.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
MacLean's usage of Ryan only makes sense if Ryan has been playing injured, which is the rumor. I am very frustrated with Ryan's lack of minutes, especially in key games, but I am reserving some of my judgment until after the season is over. At that point the team usually comes clean about which players were playing through injuries.

TheSenator

The other guys
Apr 4, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Weren't there reports of him playing through a nagging injury? I wonder if this could be a reason for his drop in ice-time... It wasn't until mid-January that his TOI started to drop consistently and if I'm not mistaken in his games vs EDM and CAL were his lowest back-to-back TOI totals since he became a Senator. (14.35 & 13.30)

It just doesn't make sense to play your leading goal scorer 13m a game in a pivotal matchup unless there are outside factors playing a part in this.

TheSenator

The other guys
Apr 4, 2013
Ottawa, ON
MacLean's usage of Ryan only makes sense if Ryan has been playing injured, which is the rumor. I am very frustrated with Ryan's lack of minutes, especially in key games, but I am reserving some of my judgment until after the season is over. At that point the team usually comes clean about which players were playing through injuries.

Lol yeah what he said. ^^

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
He said in the radio that he's been playing thru an injury that he'd normally have surgery on but it's too important to sit out and as long as he can play, he'll play.

TheSenator

The other guys
Apr 4, 2013
Ottawa, ON
He said in the radio that he's been playing thru an injury that he'd normally have surgery on but it's too important to sit out and as long as he can play, he'll play.

As much as you never want to hear about a player being injured, this being verified is almost relieving.

On another note, injured Bobby Ryan is still better then 90% of our fwd's. :laugh:

operasen

Apr 27, 2004

As soon as we are out he should be shut down. Get his surgery and head to recovery mode.

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
Well the guys from 6th Sens are reading this thread and just asked Twitter about this Ryan interview. Mendes replied and is questioning its existence too.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
After the Olympics Ryan didn't come back and practice with the team right away and it was said he had a nagging injury that they were trying to clear up, even if they weren't able to make it 100 percent.
When he first started back he said it(the mystery injury) felt a lot better but you have to wonder now if it has started to bother him again.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
I like that Ryan is playing hurt in some ways but if we don't get some points in the next few games he should probably sit and get ready for next year.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
After the Olympics Ryan didn't come back and practice with the team right away and it was said he had a nagging injury that they were trying to clear up, even if they weren't able to make it 100 percent.
When he first started back he said it(the mystery injury) felt a lot better but you have to wonder now if it has started to bother him again.

I'm positive I heard this too. I'm sure if Mendes and the rest of the useless media actually did their job, we’d find out.

But nope, softball questions it is!

The Fuhr*

I hope this team re-signs Ryan... Stability in players is nice... Hate the revolving door of players management has been running through... Need stability

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
I hope this team re-signs Ryan... Stability in players is nice... Hate the revolving door of players management has been running through... Need stability

So you're comfortable offering him an 8 year extension at $7M per this summer? I don't think the Sens want to go in to next season with him potentially becoming a UFA at seasons end. He's going to command top dollar/term. Can his legs keep up? Will he reeeeeaaallly hit a wall in three years time? Lots of things to consider for an organization that's all about cost per point.

The Fuhr*

So you're comfortable offering him an 8 year extension at $7M per this summer? I don't think the Sens want to go in to next season with him potentially becoming a UFA at seasons end. He's going to command top dollar/term. Can his legs keep up? Will he reeeeeaaallly hit a wall in three years time? Lots of things to consider for an organization that's all about cost per point.

If the Sens are not comfortable with that then why give up Silf, Noesen and a 1st for a guy who is a UFA in two years?

Blows my mind... If your not going to keep Ryan then don't make the move... Silf could have been a great stability piece for this franchise.

Instead we rent Ryan for a year or two and then move him cause we can't re-sign him and begin the process of incorporating new players into the system again... And the treadmill continues

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
If the Sens are not comfortable with that then why give up Silf, Noesen and a 1st for a guy who is a UFA in two years?

Blows my mind... If your not going to keep Ryan then don't make the move... Silf could have been a great stability piece for this franchise.

Instead we rent Ryan for a year or two and then move him cause we can't re-sign him and begin the process of incorporating new players into the system again... And the treadmill continues

Maybe it's not that they can't extend him, it's that they don't want to. Make a deal for a high end talent, evaluate and then flip for more high end talent/pieces that are needed and are a better fit. No big deal. He's a 27 year old goal scoring winger (not a great 2nd half of the season - ice cold) who doesn't seem to be the coaches' favourite. Not a 23 year old minute munching, game controlling DMan or 25 year old pocession driving C.

If dealt, I just hope BMurr essentially gets what he gave up, if not more. Who knows? Committing long term to Bobby Ryan scares me. Than again, I'm not privy to he and his agents demands. Maybe he really likes it here and doesn't hold the Sens over a barrel? Or maybe he wants a Kessel ($1M or so less) type contract? It will certainly be a very interesting summer. I just hope he gets hot down the stretch and helps carry the Sens to the Playoffs. What if he remains ice cold? I just don't know what to think of him.

The Fuhr*

Bobby Ryan Discussion

Since Brian Burke hurt his feelings

25GP 4G 10Pts

A player with such a weak mental state should not be a cornerstone player on this team.

Playoff hockey in Canada... The media would destroy him.

Dudes just not cut out for Canadian hockey

Edit: changed title for :( people

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad