Player Discussion Bobby Ryan - Episode IV - A New Hope...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
TSN 1200 interview:

Team developed cliques last year. Young players and it happens, but it meant the team wasn't as close as it could be.

Practice and drills got stale. Boucher said they will have more up-tempo practices which will be good for the team.

He's injured a bit, has some stuff coming into the season, he wants to be injury free, and hopes he can be.

Doesn't understand social media reactions and he doesn't read the press in the summer

Doesn't like New Jersey

Thinks Kelly and Dion will be huge for the leadership of the team, keeping the team close, loose and focused. Hinted it was an issue last year.

Looking forward to playing with Brassard

The New Jersey comment seems odd and kind of out of the blue, no?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
But i think Ryan not being competitive in the 2nd half of every season in Ottawa is injury related and conditioning. He is always injured, and I hope he proves me wrong, but he trains for a 41 game season, or at least that's what his game and stats tell us.

Imagine if he was playing 82 games a season! He would be top-5 with Crosby, Kane, Seguin and Benn. Imagine because despite playing 41 games, ONLY 52 forwards outscored him last season (it means he was just below the 2nd best scoring forward on the average team, i.e. vs 45th)

Ryan is mentally and physically weak.

I admit, he has no place in the NHL. Outside, of his 210 goals and 447 pts, I don't see any reason why he should be there. Why is he even paid more than 500 K$? NHL :shakehead

:sarcasm:

Huh? Just pointing it out.

You're not pointing out anything. You're just sharing an empty and baseless opinion. No NHL player is weak physically and mentally. I don't know if you ever played something competitive but you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. You can criticize Ryan by saying he has trouble staying healthy or he doesn't have the endurance for a 82 games season, but saying "he is weak physically and mentally" makes you lose all credibility right there in your first post.

Are you one of those guys? :laugh:

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
IMO this is a result of the coaching we had last year as much as anything. Inconsistent accountability, poor decisions, practices going stale is obvious...

It was pretty obvious when Boro called out Karlsson in the media. The player that was never held accountable by the coach, but instead rewarded for bad play calling out the best player on the team and the only player that was keeping the team out of the bottom 5 in the league.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Tbh it likely is indicative of him refusing to use an injury as an excuse for his slump, regardless of whether or not it was a signifinancant contributor.

What a terrible reason since he was atrocious that stretch. And now he brings it up for some reason? Just so that we can know he's injured if he doesn't come out of the gate "hot"?

Just keep him out of the lineup until he's 100%

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

It isn't like the interviewer said "so what are you doing to prepare for the upcoming season" and Bobby Ryan blurted out "I ****ing hate New Jersey".

I'm paraphrasing off memory but Ryan brought up that he was on vacation taking care of a few things in New Jersey but then sort of corrected himself joking that being in New Jersey isn't really a vacation.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015

Have you listen to the interview? He didn't clearly said he dislike New Jersey. He said that it wasn't a great place for vacation. Because he was there with his family

Danielpalfredsson Beat me to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad