Value of: Bobby Ryan 1 for 1

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Wow nevermind, I didnt know Ryan's contract was that bad. With that contract, Ryan's value is probably 3 1sts...going to the team that takes him lol

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Interesting offer. Same cap hit, Ryan has one more year and is one year younger.

I'd do this for sure – Krejci's game would fit very well with Ottawa's system. I don't think Bruins fans would though.

Colour me surprised that Krejci is older than Ryan. Would do this trade but similarly think advantage is in Ottawa's favour. Krejci seems to be having an off year, rather than regressing like Ryan.

moegillknee

Jul 30, 2016
there is no one for one possible . but maybe horton and lupul and laich.
i think that contract is a heavy burden for bobby to carry. best suited to carry it playing for the marlies. but seriously Ryan can still put up 20 goals a season just not good value for 7 + mill . if Ott eats some of the salary say 2,5 mill someone might take a chance on him .
20 goal right wingers are valuable at the right price {4 -5 mill}

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Well....how about the mini vomit that just occurred when I read this.

I would not trade AMac for him....as sad as that is. The extra years are a killer.

To be fair, I would add a lot to that package. I do think Ryan holds some value, but I'm willing to consider him basically a zero in that deal. I'd add a 1st + + to Ceci and Ryan for Simmonds.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
The only thing that makes sense to me is something like Ryan + Lazar (and like a 3rd or 4th) for Eriksson.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Meh, no point in moving him now .Just ride it out ,for a few seasons and see how or of his game can rebound

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Nah. Hold onto Bobby and see how much the cap increases next year with Vegas in the fold. As long as he doesn't fall off a cliff, it would be easier to move him in the 2018 trade deadline with one year less on his contract, and a higher salary cap.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Sens don't touch ladd.. would rather wait out Ryans deal

You owe us from Chara/Spezza
What if we said please?
I think Ryan could be better with Tavares .
He makes everyone look great. Just see parenteau,moulson,Boyes,
Ryan would be rejuvenated .

Ladd just stinks

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
I can't see any way that the Sens can move Ryan without retaining at least 2.25M (and even then Ryan at 5M for 5 more years is still scary) or without taking an absolutely toxic contract back.

At 50% retained, there would likely be enough interest that he could be moved, but the return offered would likely not be enough to entice the Sens to do it. If he was still a goal scorer things would be different, but he is weirdly becoming little more than a decent setup guy at this point. He hasn't sniffed 30 goals in the last 5 years. At his salary, anybody who isn't a top goalscorer, elite playmaker, or good two way center is way, way, way overpaid.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
The only thing that makes sense to me is something like Ryan + Lazar (and like a 3rd or 4th) for Eriksson.

So th Canucks take a nothing player with no points on the seasons and a middle round pick so we can have the pleasure of paying Ryan more money for no improvement in any area of hockey? Wow what a great deal.
Man really can't fix stupid can you.

Mar 26, 2010
From the Leafs. Not a single player. In my opinion Ryan was one of the worst 5 contracts in the league with a very negative value. If it was last year, maybe Dion? :)

Agree with this. 1 good game in 3 years does not make his trade value go up.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
There is no point in "getting rid of" Ryan's contract UNTIL the Sens are ready to spend that money...

Sens run on a 68 M$ budget. Clarke MacArthur is again missing the entire season so the team is again spending about 63 M$ which is 10 M$ under the salary cap.

Why do the Sens trade Ryan's contract now? On who do they spend the money then?

And no, Buddy Robinson or Curtis Lazar won't be able to replace him. RW is the position with the less depth for Ottawa right now.

Tomas Plekanec

Can't trade a Winger for a Center. Where would Plekanec play? Zack Smith is now better and already plays Wing.

Not sure if serious, no way MTL do this.

That would be like signing Ryan as a UFA for 5 years at 7.25 M$. Free wallet but Montreal can't afford it (cap space wise)

Montreal will be eventually hard against the cap after signing Radulov, Galchenyuk, Beaulieu and Danault. And then, need to clear space for Price.

If they could, they would gladly make that swap.

[*]The past couple of years, Ryan's been a 20 goal/50 point player getting paid like an elite top-line player. This year he's not even on pace for 40 points, and at 29 years old, it's more likely he'll keep declining further than it is he'll get better.
He's been producing the same the last 4 years

Season-Age-TEAM-GP-G/GP-A/GP-PTS/GP-PACES PER 82 GAMES

2011-12 24 ANA 82 0.38 0.32 0.7 31 26 57
2012-13 25 ANA 46 0.24 0.41 0.65 19 34 53
2013-14 26 OTT 70 0.33 0.36 0.69 27 30 57
2014-15 27 OTT 78 0.23 0.46 0.69 19 38 57
2015-16 28 OTT 81 0.27 0.42 0.69 22 35 57

This season, he has been dealing with injuries and even left 2 games very early in the 1st period. If you don't count these 2 games :

2016-17 29 OTT 36 0.28 0.22 0.50 23 18 41

His goal scoring seems on pace but his assists pace is well below.Ryan Dzingel (30 NHL games under his belt prior to the season) has a really hard time converting all the great Ryan set-ups. Just last night he could have had 2-3 assists but ended up with only 1 goal.

I'm not trying to sell Ryan to you, just specifying the stats.

Krejci for Ryan similar length of contract. Both could use a change of scenery.

Surprising. Offers are all very bad until this one. No chance the Bruins do this.

Krejci would interest me for sure, I think he'd fit the Sens quite well.

Of course it would lol

I'd do Ryan + Brassard + 1st/Chlapik/Englund for Krejci + Spooner

Wow nevermind, I didnt know Ryan's contract was that bad. With that contract, Ryan's value is probably 3 1sts...going to the team that takes him lol

So many people spend a lot of time on hockey sites, so little understand the NHL market...

Find a comparable deal to what you're saying that happened in real life.

there is no one for one possible . but maybe horton and lupul and laich.
i think that contract is a heavy burden for bobby to carry. best suited to carry it playing for the marlies. but seriously Ryan can still put up 20 goals a season just not good value for 7 + mill . if Ott eats some of the salary say 2,5 mill someone might take a chance on him .
20 goal right wingers are valuable at the right price {4 -5 mill}

There is plenty of 1 for 1 possible, it just depends of the other team's cap situation...

And if Ottawa retains 2.5 on Bobby's salary, that brings his cap hit at 4.75. In that case he has great value and the Sens would just keep him. Ryan has been a ~55 pts player or more all his career except his rookie season and "maybe" this year.

Ryan + Ceci and what

for

Simmonds

Not a chance the Flyers do this. Simmons has one of the best contracts in the league, only 3.975 for 2 more years... Ceci is a nice sweetener but they already have a lot of good young D-men, so not really a need for them.

To be fair, I would add a lot to that package. I do think Ryan holds some value, but I'm willing to consider him basically a zero in that deal. I'd add a 1st + + to Ceci and Ryan for Simmonds.

If you change Ceci for White or Brown maybe

Ryan + White/Brown for Simmonds + MacDonald

MacDonald has 3 years left at 5.0 (16.5 owed) and offsets the salary difference between Ryan and Simmonds, and White offsets the difference of player value, but not sure the Flyers would do that still... Simmonds is a core player for them and they are not rebuilding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad