Value of: Bobby Ryan 1 for 1

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Can't see Callahan waiving his NMC to come to Ottawa.

I can't either but it's worth a try. But I'm sure Yzerman is going to push him on waiving for the expansion draft and possibly trades in the summer because he's not longer needed and makes too much. A buyout is but unlikely due to cap penalty but still an option. His hip might not pass a medical.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Carl Soderberg?

He's been good in recent years but it's not happening this season for him. He still has term and money left, but not as much as Ryan (in either category)

jgenest007

Dec 17, 2007
NH
Krejci for Ryan similar length of contract. Both could use a change of scenery.

Last edited:

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Why? DD's contract expires in July

Yeah and Ryan's expires in five years.

Do you think it's wise to let Radulov walk to have Bobby Ryan?

With Galchenyuk's contract up, do you want to have Bobby Ryan making over $7 million? Galchenyuk's agent would obviously demand he be paid more than Bobby Ryan. Then Max's contract comes up... How do you pay everyone when you have a grossly under performing forward with a massive cap hit?

Why would the Canadiens even consider this? What's in it for them?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
What about something like...

Lupul + Horton

for

Ryan.

Can LTIR them and the Leafs get a player for their cap. Then they can move JVR for defensive help and I feel it may be a much more balanced team.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014

Lupul + Horton

for

Ryan.

Can LTIR them and the Leafs get a player for their cap. Then they can move JVR for defensive help and I feel it may be a much more balanced team.

No one is taking all the dead money owed to Horton from the Leafs.

Abdelkader would be the best 1 for 1 from the Wings. Sens wouldn't do it though

LeafGm

Jan 10, 2009

Lupul + Horton

for

Ryan.

That would be a godawful move for the Leafs for a whole host of reasons.

• Bobby Ryan plays the one position (right wing) that we're probably the deepest at.

• The past couple of years, Ryan's been a 20 goal/50 point player getting paid like an elite top-line player. This year he's not even on pace for 40 points, and at 29 years old, it's more likely he'll keep declining further than it is he'll get better.

• Ryan comes with a cap-destroying 5 years X $7.25M cap commitment, while Lupul is off the Leafs cap entirely after next season, and Horton doesn't really have any negative cap impact at all---if we're bumping up against the upper limit and need his space for something useful, he can go on LTIR.

• You'd be giving a division rival a huge helping-hand going forward.

• Ryan's contract would severely hamper the Leafs' ability to maintain their depth, and he'd also make it a lot harder for the team to address their blueline.

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
Krejci for Ryan similar length of contract. Both could use a change of scenery.

Interesting offer. Same cap hit, Ryan has one more year and is one year younger.

I'd do this for sure – Krejci's game would fit very well with Ottawa's system. I don't think Bruins fans would though.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Eberle for Ryan + Lazar

Not a chance in hell Edmonton does that . Even if Eberle stays in his funk he only has 2 years left on his contract . Only way I take Ryan is with retention of 2 million plus and even then I would want a helluva sweetener . I see lots of your proposal and I do not think you consider the future cap hits of Draisaitl and McDavid .

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Nathan Horton only because I think there is a decent chance that he can be convinced to waive his NMC and a decent chance he'd get claimed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad