Bobby Robins

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I think he's been good, he's hitting hard and he's playing with an edge. It's great, the team needs it.

Lucic won't be his usual self for a while due to the wrist surgery, McQuaid is stepping into a more important role than the past and Thornton is gone. Bobby belongs on this team, having a guy who isn't afraid to level you is good and in my mind a crucial part of ANY fourth line.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I was watching him like a hawk during the home opener Wednesday, since he was the player I knew the least about. Definitely a hard hitter. Fun fact: he had 2 seconds more in the box than he had on the ice. Not surprising to me at all, give that he averaged about 3.25 minutes in the box per game he played last season.

Also, he traded 7 minutes of penalties with Luke Schenn. I'll admit to not knowing that much specifically about Schenn, but on paper, it looks like a good "trade" - he's a regular 3rd pairing D who's cemented himself as an NHL player.

Plus, he drew a penalty from fellow enforcer Zac Rinaldo. Granted, we didn't get much use from that power play directly, but it's always good to have that opportunity. You can't ask much more than that from Robins - he's delivering exactly what's on his ingredient list, which I imagine is mostly steel and venom.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
He and Cunningham are the two biggest pleasant surprises.

Yea I agree. I think Cunningham will be a really good 4th line center in the future. I'd say Campbell's job is at stake. If I had to choose, I go Paille-Cunningham-Robins moving forward. They've been pretty effective so far.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
While the Bruins did send Bobby Robins to Providence today, Claude Julien said he expects to see the enforcer up w/the team againthis season

My bet is he'll be the 13th once everything settles.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
While the Bruins did send Bobby Robins to Providence today, Claude Julien said he expects to see the enforcer up w/the team againthis season

My bet is he'll be the 13th once everything settles.

Do you have the link to that quote id like to read it..Thanks

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Do you have the link to that quote id like to read it..Thanks

"What we know is that we can call Bobby anytime," Julien said. "He's a player that you can call when you need him. You'll probably see him again, but we just felt that there were certain players we needed to keep here and you can only keep so many."

"He's always got a great attitude. He's going to go down there, work hard and when we call him up, he'll be excited to be here."

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=32593&navid=DL|BOS|home

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
to me, keeping guys like Caron, etc over guys like Cunningham and Robins is moving away from the team's identity, and I think part of the problem, not the solution.

I've heard a lot of people say we need to get faster, but I think playing to your strengths is a much better solution. Guys like Robins and Cunningham that play the body and forecheck are this team's bread and butter.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
to me, keeping guys like Caron, etc over guys like Cunningham and Robins is moving away from the team's identity, and I think part of the problem, not the solution.

I've heard a lot of people say we need to get faster, but I think playing to your strengths is a much better solution. Guys like Robins and Cunningham that play the body and forecheck are this team's bread and butter.

Agreed 100%.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Robins, despite limited ice time looked good. He was one of the few on the ice who would actually do something, or try to spark the team. 90% of them looked like they were zombies, Robins however, didn't.

NAWWW MANNNNN, WE NEED SPEED AND SKILL ON DAT 4TH LINE, GAME IS CHANGING WE NEED TO CHANGE AND BE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! RIGHT!?

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
"What we know is that we can call Bobby anytime," Julien said. "He's a player that you can call when you need him. You'll probably see him again, but we just felt that there were certain players we needed to keep here and you can only keep so many."

"He's always got a great attitude. He's going to go down there, work hard and when we call him up, he'll be excited to be here."

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=32593&navid=DL|BOS|home

We need him more than some other guys right now, for his energy alone. Apparently he's a leader, although he seems like a weird guy from behind the B.

Is our 13th forward right now between Spooner and Gagne basically?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Makes me sick what his team is becoming. How is it Robins' fault that they can't score? Was he on the ice when Bartkowski let the Avalanche score with 0.4 seconds left? Has he been a total bust like Loui Eriksson?

Instead we have Simon Gagne, who is old and slow and will provide nothing, Jay Pandolfo 2.0

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Makes me sick what his team is becoming. How is it Robins' fault that they can't score? Was he on the ice when Bartkowski let the Avalanche score with 0.4 seconds left? Has he been a total bust like Loui Eriksson?

Instead we have Simon Gagne, who is old and slow and will provide nothing, Jay Pandolfo 2.0

Well...I completely disagree with Bart being at fault on the goal. That's what it looked like initially, but when you re-watch that, it's pretty obvious he was not at all the main culprit. I also have higher hopes for Gagne's contribution.

BUT, I'm with you on Robins. If he really does have a great attitude like CJ says, why is he being sent down? What exactly does he do that's worse than Shawn Thornton? He hits harder, fights probably just as well (at least compared to ST at this point in his career) and has maybe equal hockey skill. How the **** does a guy like Shawn Thornton stick around for all these years, barely ever getting scratched, being a playoff regular, and now suddenly Robins isn't good enough for the fourth line 4 games in? I know that I'm not the coach, but this is another inconsistency in CJ/Claude's decision making that seems to beg for an explanation, but there is obviously none coming.

tom nuetten

Mar 24, 2011
Germany

I´m with you with robins, but I disagree in everything else :D

so far eriksson is the best winger of the boston bruins, better than marchand, smith, lucic and everyone else. kelly (another hfboards whipping boy) is close to him. is söderberg a big factor? yes of course he is, but it´s not all söderberg!

bartkowski and seidenberg had to defend 3 guys because bergeron and both wingers were stuck on the blue line => bart saw the open guy in the slot and defended him while forgetting the guy in front of rask.

seidenberg couldn´t decide which one of the two he should defend and was stuck in the middle.

was it a mistake to defend the guy in the slot from bart? yes it was, but the forwards mistake were the reason that 2 d-men had to defend 3 guys

blaming the same players over and over again is easy, but sometimes wrong

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Robins, despite limited ice time looked good. He was one of the few on the ice who would actually do something, or try to spark the team. 90% of them looked like they were zombies, Robins however, didn't.

NAWWW MANNNNN, WE NEED SPEED AND SKILL ON DAT 4TH LINE, GAME IS CHANGING WE NEED TO CHANGE AND BE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! RIGHT!?

It really is annoying when people say we need to generate more offense on the 4th Line.. I think how the 4th line play for the b's in 2011 and hawks/kings have made people believe there actually is this magical trend.. yes the 4th line won those cups :rolleyes:.. Its gotten ridiculous how people have become obsessed with 4th line scoring lately. Robins will be back.. but i'm ****ing ******** that he had to be sent down.. I kinda hope there is some kinda melee (no bruins player gets hurt) vs the habs and they're almost forced to bring him up to go nuts against them.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I definitely want to see more of Robins. We lost a certain amount of toughness on the ice with Johnny B and Thornton not being on the ice for us any longer. Robins brings that to the ice in spades. He's been playing hockey long enough that his hockey IQ seems to be pretty good and he looked like a decent passer from the limited time I've seen him. The thing I like a lot about guys like Robins and Cunningham is that they play hungry every shift. Given enough ice time in the NHL, that could pay some nice dividends later in the season.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The fact that the only guy who we have that will enforce something is Adam McQuaid makes me sick. Don't give me this whole "WELL WE HAVE LUCIC AND CHARA" - Chara will skate over, grab someone and immediately fall down, and Lucic will probably do nothing because he's pretty much content doing that right now.

If someone did something when Robins was on the ice, you bet he's coming in to defend a teammate like a lunatic. The guy is a heart and soul player who gives it his all every night. I've told people this, and those people basically laughed in my face in other threads. "WELL HE SUCKS AT HOCKEY" "HE CANT SCORE" "HE'S A GOON"

I'll seriously laugh if the Bruins come out tomorrow against Montreal and get beat both physically and on the score sheet.

The Bruins play their best hockey when they're beating the piss out of teams physically. It can't be argued.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
The fact that the only guy who we have that will enforce something is Adam McQuaid makes me sick. Don't give me this whole "WELL WE HAVE LUCIC AND CHARA" - Chara will skate over, grab someone and immediately fall down, and Lucic will probably do nothing because he's pretty much content doing that right now.

If someone did something when Robins was on the ice, you bet he's coming in to defend a teammate like a lunatic. The guy is a heart and soul player who gives it his all every night. I've told people this, and those people basically laughed in my face in other threads. "WELL HE SUCKS AT HOCKEY" "HE CANT SCORE" "HE'S A GOON"

The Bruins play their best hockey when they're beating the piss out of teams physically. It can't be argued.
Yawn

DitClapper

May 15, 2014

I'll seriously laugh if the Bruins come out tomorrow against Montreal and get beat both physically and on the score sheet.

He'll be back man, no need to worry. Probably will end up being the 13th forward, nothing wrong with that.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
He'll be back man, no need to worry. Probably will end up being the 13th forward, nothing wrong with that.

I don't doubt he will be back, he probably will. Doesn't change the stupidity of the direction this team is going. What is "Boston Bruins hockey" anymore?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad