Bobby Robins

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I love the guy, but I ain't holding my breath. People realize he's 32, right (he has boyish looks)?

0 games in the NHL up to this point.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
great until he tries to take on a heavyweight and gets pounded.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Want him to get in the Show but knowing Clode and watching Bobby a lot he needs to be a bit more under control- I've never seen one shift he didn't come close to getting a penalty

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
would be nice to have at least one player that will continually belt people into the boards. As the team is right now, not much in the way of checkers. I would say more strategically placed players that know the system well but no bangers that a defenseman would fear.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I hope not. He's the last thing this team needs right now.

They actually need a tougher version of him. But at this point I will take what I can get. Robbins won't beat heavyweights but he will try and he hits well and will lose it sometimes.

If the fourth line wing is between him and Jordan Caron, I don't see how even the anti fighting people can not want Robbins, he'll score more than Chiarelli's son Caron.

Would prefer to see Tyler Randell take his spot, who is a legit heavyweight and could go with anybody in the league and do OK

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
would be nice to have at least one player that will continually belt people into the boards. As the team is right now, not much in the way of checkers. I would say more strategically placed players that know the system well but no bangers that a defenseman would fear.

Exactly. Keep your head up when Lucic is on the ice, but nobody else up front to really fear (Marchand is willing, but tiny). BR will bring some banging and energy to the 4th line in the games he is put in there.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
They actually need a tougher version of him. But at this point I will take what I can get. Robbins won't beat heavyweights but he will try and he hits well and will lose it sometimes.

If the fourth line wing is between him and Jordan Caron, I don't see how even the anti fighting people can not want Robbins, he'll score more than Chiarelli's son Caron.

Would prefer to see Tyler Randell take his spot, who is a legit heavyweight and could go with anybody in the league and do OK

Say what???

Legit heavyweight??????

Dude...what are you smoking?

Not only is he NOT a heavyweight...he doesn't fight heavyweights, ever, unless you want to call Patrice Cormier and Paul Thompson heavyweights.

Last edited:

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
I'd be fine with him at 4th line RW for the start of the season. Awesome dude who plays with more of an edge than probably anyone else in the NHL/AHL. Fortunately he doesn't really hit dirty, but he would probably get a great deal of penalties if he doesn't tone it down a bit.

Would prefer over Jordan ****in Caron, that is for sure.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
If PC said they want to move away from the enforcer game (see Shawn Thornton), why would he want to put Robbins in the lineup next season??

Bullvyne666

Mar 29, 2013
Medford,MA
Cannot wait till halfway through next season when everyone is whining how the Bruins are getting the snot beat out of them. Chara, Looch and Miller? Not enough toughness at all.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I hope so. He's a good fit for the 4th line. I'm not a huge fan of sticking some kid with a different mind-set/skill-set with Paille and Campbell.

I'd rather see them playing in PROV.

Knight is an interesting choice for L4, but some more time in PROV wouldn't hurt. If Robbins doesn't work, I'd promote Knight.

Not to hijack, but what's the story with Cunningham? Great consistant numbers in PROV. He seems ready for a promotion to 17th forward.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
He's the exact opposite of the direction Chia and Neely said they are going.

So what is the direction? Move Koko over and play him with Paille and Campbell?

Haha.

Jk.

I guess you're thinking someone like Florek?

Chia says he believes some kids will "pop," while some think he means the Kokos and Spooners of the world, I think he's talking Fraser, Florek, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad