In Memoriam Bobby Hull has died. (MOD - hockey related talk ONLY)

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Me too, though I switch Gretzky and Howe, but those are the five. I only saw bits and pieces of Hull, starting in his WHA years. However, I don't think anyone has ever matched his combo of great speed and awesome strength. He was only a little above average at stickhandling and passing ,but when you can push the puck down the wing, get to it faster than anyone else, outmuscle everyone else, and shoot it harder than anyone else, you win the battle. Richer reminded me of him some as did a peak Neely as a slower version.
I can remember Jean Beliveau in the old 6 team league. When you get to this level of player you can make arguments for Beliveau, Richard, Jagr but Beliveau was a center so I'll say Hull slots in behind Beliveau.

Beliveau was all class to boot.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
I know what I said about the five, but I favor Beliveau too actually. The Mario of his day.
Beliveau was a great, great player, no doubt. When you get in the 5-15 slots, there's a lot deserving players.

For those who think Gretzky was the greatest player, I have two comments. First, the one who scores the most points isn't necessarily the best player in any sport. Second, how can you be the best player of all time when you didn't even meet the minimum requirements for your position? I'm talking about taking faceoffs.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Beliveau was a great, great player, no doubt. When you get in the 5-15 slots, there's a lot deserving players.

For those who think Gretzky was the greatest player, I have two comments. First, the one who scores the most points isn't necessarily the best player in any sport. Second, how can you be the best player of all time when you didn't even meet the minimum requirements for your position? I'm talking about taking faceoffs.
nice post............

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad