Line Combos: Bob McKenzie's Expected Lines.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
bobo's lines make some sense, but I don't think there's any chance that raymond doesn't make this team, and plays on the third line.

and it might happen, but I'd be seriously dissappointed if the team decided to anchor Franson with Fraser again, after how good Franson looked with a better defense partner in the playoffs.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Raymond is too soft,

I doubt Carlyle will want him on the roster.

lukeleim

Dec 1, 2009
Calgary
I am confident the lineup will look like the following:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
Raymond - Bolland - Kulemin
McLaren - McClement - Orr
Colborne

Phaneuf - Gunnasson
Gardiner - Ranger
Fraser - Franson
Brennan, Liles

Bernier
Reimer

I do believe Liles will be traded soon to free up cap space for Franson and Raymond.

Mr Scarface*

Raymond is too soft,

I doubt Carlyle will want him on the roster.
I was thinking the same thing earlier this pre-season. But right now I think he would be a good choise to have with his pk-talent and speedo gonzales. Pretty smart as a player too, but very soft. The main thing is he can't take away Frazer McLaren's spot. Colborne is the player who would be stepping out of the way just like stated in lukeleim's post above. Smart. Toughness and hard things are the issue for us, we are the hardest group in the world and no muther****er can kick our rear ends. Carlyle is like a Boss with his consiglieres.

I am confident the lineup will look like the following:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
Colborne

Phaneuf - Gunnasson
Gardiner - Ranger
Fraser - Franson
Brennan, Liles

Bernier
Reimer

I do believe Liles will be traded soon to free up cap space for Franson and Raymond.
I really like lukeleim's thinking process and insight of the game. Very nice work and analysiz.

RoyalGremlin

The future is now.
Jun 19, 2007
I don't know why we wouldn't go with what was working best in the playoffs in crunch time, JVR Naz Kessel was awesome.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
I have no problem with that 3rd line and you watch they will contribute way more than people think. I bet all of those guys chip in at least 12-15 goals for the season and maybe even one of them get 20.

They are all strong on the puck know how to play in their zone which allows them to stay away from getting hemmed in their zone for long stretches line the Kessel line does.

They won't get tons of pretty goals but they will grind drive the net and work hard inside the offensive zone. If they match up against the other teams top line and wears then down it will help at end of games.

desperateblue

Jun 17, 2004
If i were Carlyle i would use this lineup

Lupol Bozak Kessel
Jvr Kadri Clarkson
Raymond Bolland kulemin
Orr Mcclement Mcclaren

Phaneuf Gunnarson
Gardiner Franson
Reilly Frasier

Requiem Lehdelle

Feb 8, 2010
My line up, if the money is good with Franson and Raymond on one year deals(a few bucks sliding this way or that). My thoughts are that if McLaren is injured for more then ten games (which he probably will end up taking to recover from that broken finger) then that provides enough space to bring up Trevor Smith for time he will miss. Any more call ups are going to have to be played on an injury by injury basis. Hoping that isn't the case, but not much you can do when it happens. It would be nice if Clarkson's suspension doesn't count against the cap hit, but that being an unlikely scenario this is how I see the team lining up.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Tyler Bozak ($4.200m) / Phil Kessel ($5.400m)
Joffrey Lupul ($5.250m) / Nazem Kadri ($2.900m) / Mason Raymond ($1.040m)
Nikolai Kulemin ($2.800m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Jay McClement ($1.500m)
Trevor Smith ($0.550m) / Joe Colborne ($0.600m) / Colton Orr ($0.925m)

INACTIVE
Frazer McLaren ($0.700m), David Clarkson ($5.250m)

DEFENSEMEN
Dion Phaneuf ($6.500m) / Carl Gunnarsson ($3.150m)
Jake Gardiner ($1.117m) / Paul Ranger ($1.000m)
Mark Fraser ($1.275m) / Cody Franson ($2.225m)
John-Michael Liles ($3.875m)

GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Bernier ($2.900m)
James Reimer ($1.800m)

OTHER
Buyout: Darcy Tucker ($1.000m)
Buyout: Colby Armstrong ($1.000m)
RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (0.778% of upper limit)
Matt Frattin ($0.437m—0.5%) Ben Scrivens ($0.062m—0.1%)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,081,667; BONUSES: $300,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster):- $481,667

MSG*

My line up, if the money is good with Franson and Raymond on one year deals(a few bucks sliding this way or that). My thoughts are that if McLaren is injured for more then ten games (which he probably will end up taking to recover from that broken finger) then that provides enough space to bring up Trevor Smith for time he will miss. Any more call ups are going to have to be played on an injury by injury basis. Hoping that isn't the case, but not much you can do when it happens. It would be nice if Clarkson's suspension doesn't count against the cap hit, but that being an unlikely scenario this is how I see the team lining up.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Tyler Bozak ($4.200m) / Phil Kessel ($5.400m)
Joffrey Lupul ($5.250m) / Nazem Kadri ($2.900m) / Mason Raymond ($1.040m)
Nikolai Kulemin ($2.800m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Jay McClement ($1.500m)
Trevor Smith ($0.550m) / Joe Colborne ($0.600m) / Colton Orr ($0.925m)

INACTIVE
Frazer McLaren ($0.700m), David Clarkson ($5.250m)

DEFENSEMEN
Dion Phaneuf ($6.500m) / Carl Gunnarsson ($3.150m)
Jake Gardiner ($1.117m) / Paul Ranger ($1.000m)
Mark Fraser ($1.275m) / Cody Franson ($2.225m)
John-Michael Liles ($3.875m)

GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Bernier ($2.900m)
James Reimer ($1.800m)

OTHER
Buyout: Darcy Tucker ($1.000m)
Buyout: Colby Armstrong ($1.000m)
RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (0.778% of upper limit)
Matt Frattin ($0.437m—0.5%) Ben Scrivens ($0.062m—0.1%)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,081,667; BONUSES: $300,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster):- $481,667

Clarkson is still on the cap while suspended. That lineup is almost 5M over the cap.

Requiem Lehdelle

Feb 8, 2010
Clarkson is still on the cap while suspended. That lineup is almost 5M over the cap.

Look down, waaaaaayyy down, and you'll see that the team is actually 481 over the cap, and with the absence of McLaren for 10 or more games, the team is eligible for LTIR cap relief of that players salary for the period of time that they miss. This will 700 000 (or 85000 over the 10 or so games he will miss) will cover the 550 000 (or 67 000 that smith will make over that same stretch of time) that Smith would make for the year. That taken into acount, the team would actually be under the cap, assuming that Smith gets cut when McLaren gets healthy.

MSG*

Look down, waaaaaayyy down, and you'll see that the team is actually 481 over the cap, and with the absence of McLaren for 10 or more games, the team is eligible for LTIR cap relief of that players salary for the period of time that they miss. This will 700 000 (or 85000 over the 10 or so games he will miss) will cover the 550 000 (or 67 000 that smith will make over that same stretch of time) that Smith would make for the year. That taken into acount, the team would actually be under the cap, assuming that Smith gets cut when McLaren gets healthy.

Zero wiggle room for short term injuries. Bolland and Orr are currently injured as well.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
Without Clarkson:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Kulemin
Raymond - Bolland - Ashton
Orr - McClement - MacLaren

With Clarkson:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
Ashton - McClement - Orr/MacLaren

Requiem Lehdelle

Feb 8, 2010
Zero wiggle room for short term injuries. Bolland and Orr are currently injured as well.

True for the no wiggle room, false for the two injured players, Orr was dealing with some stuff at the beginning of spring training, but Bolland is fine. There is enough room for a few players making minimum salary to get a call up here and there for a sore day or two. For the most part though, this team is built for guys to fill in up the depth chart, so bringing in a guy like Abbot or Broll for a game means, they slot back and someone else slots up. chances are that if someone goes down, it will be one of the 5 million dollar men, and again if they go for 10 or more (looking at you Lupul!!!) then we have that flexibility.

Requiem Lehdelle

Feb 8, 2010

Attachments

• made-it-with-my-bum.jpg
    made-it-with-my-bum.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad