Line Combos: Bob McKenzie's Expected Lines.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
McClement - Bolland - Kulemin
McLaren - Colborne - Orr

Gunner - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Ranger
Fraser - Franson

Raymond, Liles, Brennan, Holzer, Rielly all trying to break into the line-up.

Thought I would share this. From TSN.ca Leafs preview video.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
That third line is an offensive black hole.

Would much rather Mcclement do 4th line C+1st PK minutes, put colborne or Raymond on the 3rd line wing.

you already have great defensive ability in Bolland and Kule, but you need some speed so IMO raymond is the best fit.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I'd switch Colborne/Raymond to 3LW and McClement to 4C (McClement is pretty much a non-factor offensively, so he'll need all the rest he can get for the PK and critical defensive situations). Other than that, I agree with pretty much everything else. Maybe switch Franson and Ranger around to start so Ranger can slowly readjust to the NHL game.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Would much rather Mcclement do 4th line C+1st PK minutes, put colborne or Raymond on the 3rd line wing.

you already have great defensive ability in Bolland and Kule, but you need some speed so IMO raymond is the best fit.

They will not be counted on to create much offense, I think that's sort of the point. They are expected to start most faceoffs in the defensive zone and keeping their minutes for the PK. They will be counted on to keep the other teams top offensive line in check and limit their scoring chances.

This is what a Carlyle lineup is. Gone are the days of having 3 offensive lines and one mashed up energy line.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007

It's also a checking/defensive nightmare for opponents.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
McClement - Bolland - Kulemin
McLaren - Colborne - Orr

Gunner - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Ranger
Fraser - Franson

Raymond, Liles, Brennan, Holzer, Rielly all trying to break into the line-up.

Thought I would share this. From TSN.ca Leafs preview video.

I can't see Colborne being strong enough defensively to carry two enforcers even if it's just for a few minutes a night , if RC dresses both I see Mac as there center .

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011

McClement is a capable offensive player. The more icetime he sees the better.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
McClement is a capable offensive player. The more icetime he sees the better.

He was not a capable offensive player. He was reliable defensively during the transition period between systems which is why he was used so frequently.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
I'd switch Franson with Ranger but the line-up seems pretty accurate. If Raymond gets a contract he'll be on the 3rd line.

iBELEAF

May 30, 2011
Vancouver
Really would like to see D'Amigo make it. Or raymond if he signs cheap:)

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
D'Amigo/Raymond - Bolland - Kulemin
McClement - Colborne - Orr
McLaren

Gunner - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Ranger
Fraser - Franson
Liles

samwitch

Feb 27, 2008
Would really like for the defense to turn out like that. It's likely that the top 6 will end up that way too. It's mainly a battle for a few bottom six wing spots. I think this team will be pretty tough to play against. I'm liking the mix of skill and grit throughout.

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
some of u ppl...thats what a 3rd line does, well a good one anyways...its to defend, grind, hustle against other teams top lines...their jobs are just to work hard for the puck, and when they have it keep it, not make crazy put simple plays to counter number 1 lines...also chip in once in awhile, two of the guys got 15-20 goals and one 10-15 goals potential...thats great for a true 3rd line, shut-down, checking line

u can FOR SURE pencil them in as 3rd line to start game and when we are up this line might even get most ice time...when we down jay will of course get bumped down, not too complicated to understand

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
McClement shouldn't be playing in the top 9, 5 on 5.

Keep him as the 4th liner and top PKer.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
With the addition of Clarkson, hopefully we'll see less of the 2 enforcer lineup. Putting Raymond or D'amigo on that 4th line makes it a much more difficult team to play against.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Colborne can't play with 2 useless plugs

Mclement has to be on 4th line

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - clarkson
Raymond - Bolland - Kulemin
Colborne - Mclement - McLearn/Orr

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Are people forgetting how good Colborne was between Orr and McLaren? I think he's fine there. And if he keeps getting better, he moves up the depth chart.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I prefer Raymond on the 3rd line, he plays solid defensively, maintains the speed that defines our identity and can add a bit of offence. If Raymond isnt willing to accept a peanuts deal then this is what i see as the alternative. I also really like that D, on its way to respectable, Gunnarsson has to move down and replaced on the top pairing and i think it'll be among the best in the league

In other words

Phaneuf - #2
Gardiner - Gunnarsson
Ranger - Franson/Rielly

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
I prefer Raymond on the 3rd line, he plays solid defensively, maintains the speed that defines our identity and can add a bit of offence. If Raymond isnt willing to accept a peanuts deal then this is what i see as the alternative. I also really like that D, on its way to respectable, Gunnarsson has to move down and replaced on the top pairing and i think it'll be among the best in the league

In other words

Phaneuf - #2
Gardiner - Gunnarsson
Ranger - Franson/Rielly

Easier said than done.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Unless Raymond signs it will start like that, but I see Colborne moving up, taking McClement's spot, and potentially getting a chance with JvR/Kessel when Bozie get's injured.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Easier said than done.

Very true however we are entering a point in development where parts become expendable, we can make deals for the big name players to complete the roster as soon as we can get Kessel, Gardiner, Phaneuf and Reimer all signed. Again easier said than done but it won't be long until we are the team trading for the Kovalchuck or signing the Brad Richards etc. etc.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
This team is an amateur coaches dream....however we have a unreal coach that will get the best out of each player....RC matches lines as good as anyone ; that bottom 6 is loaded with hard workers, expect Randy to keep them on their toes and moving around the lineup on any given night......can't wait....Randy has a team that he can manufacture gritty wins all on his matchups

leafstilldeath*

In other words

#1 - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Gunnarsson
Ranger - Franson/Rielly

Here fixed it for you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad