McKenzie: Bob McKenzie via Frank Seravalli: Lucic met with the Dallas Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
my guess is that it's between Anaheim and Edmonton. I hope he signs in Edmonton personally. I like Lucic, but he's not what we need.

I say Anaheim because there's no way we'd offer what Edmonton and others would, but yet we've still constantly been linked to him.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Glad Vancouver is out.
I think he could be a good fit in Dallas but I thought they were after defense.
The term is going to be ugly on the contract but for a team in a 'win now' position it could work.

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
How do Stars fans feel about Nill adding a big ticket UFA forward given the state of their D and goaltending?

Just curious, as I'd feel the money should be directed elsewhere but I also know nothing about the up-and-coming D that people have talked about.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
my guess is that it's between Anaheim and Edmonton. I hope he signs in Edmonton personally. I like Lucic, but he's not what we need.

I say Anaheim because there's no way we'd offer what Edmonton and others would, but yet we've still constantly been linked to him.

him and his wife wanna stay in Cali... LA didn't give the length of contract to him so im assuming Ducks will... perfect situation that he can pretty much stay in the same house

my gut has always said Ducks

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
How do Stars fans feel about Nill adding a big ticket UFA forward given the state of their D and goaltending?

Just curious, as I'd feel the money should be directed elsewhere but I also know nothing about the up-and-coming D that people have talked about.

im assuming they will address d/g needs after.. Nill is smart.. he will figure it out

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

I'm not really sure why we'd be after him - this is probably just Nill doing his homework, but our owner going out to meet him makes it seem like we're seriously trying to court him.

I don't even know where he'd fit in, either.

Benn - Seguin - Sharp
Janmark - Spezza - Nichushkin
Roussel - Faksa - Hemsky

I wonder if this means Nichushkin might be moving (I'm not going to buy any KHL rumors until they come from a reliable source, but that's for another thread).

Interesting to think about, though.

Well he's a lot better than Janmark and Roussel; so I would imagine he would bump them both down a line.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
The Hall trade was not dependent on Lucic signing. If it were, we would just wait. Lucic's situation doesn't change our need for Larsson.

Maroon was good on top six left wing. We've got Pouliot as well, and Drai or RNH can be on the wing. SJ had success with extra centers on the wing.

Dude, if you think Patrick Maroon can actually be a top-6 winger, you're tripping. I watched him wiff on chance after chance after glorious chance set up by Getzlaf and Perry. It was beautiful. Oilers fans are being misled by a small sample size. Maroon is a 3rd line winger at best and cannot be counted on as a scoring options.

The Sharks can put top-6 centers at wing because they have five. The Oilers have three, assuming they don't trade RNH, and if they don't and they put one at wing, then their entire bottom-6 is trash. Lucic isn't a great player (and as a Sharks fan I would love for him to stay in the division because of his truly moronic and untimely back-breaking penalties), but without him either the Oilers' top-6 winger group is Eberle-Pouliot-Yakupov-Maroon or your third line center is Anton Lander. Both of those scenarios are puke-worthy.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
What time does FA open tomorrow? Midnight like NBA? I remember in years past it was noon EDT?

Yup, same as before, 12pm eastern time tomorrow the floodgates open. Think the NHL is nice and want to let all the TV guys be able to break the signings and start the money tally while they and the audience are fully awake.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Well he's a lot better than Janmark and Roussel; so I would imagine he would bump them both down a line.

None of those seven should be on a fourth line, though.

Good problem to have, but I'd rather have no problems than good problems. And with regards to the forwards, we currently have no problems.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Please let's not do this. Please please please do not sign Lucic.

None of those seven should be on a fourth line, though.

Good problem to have, but I'd rather have no problems than good problems. And with regards to the forwards, we currently have no problems.

Moving Roussel to the 4th line is a no brainer.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Wonder if Stars were really just messing with Van? And not really caring if Lucia went to Oil? For that feud to be public, feelings must be pretty hard. That said, Stars really need to keep eye on the puck, not cap like that. IMHO, signing Dan Ham makes more sense on both counts.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Please let's not do this. Please please please do not sign Lucic.

Moving Roussel to the 4th line is a no brainer.

I'm being OCD and not wanting to break up Roussel - Faksa - Hemsky :laugh:

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Without a deal in place to send out a forward for a goalie or defenseman, this doesn't make much sense from a Dallas perspective. Kinda seems like over-reaction to losing to a bigger St. Louis team.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Lucic will sign in Anaheim and Fowler will be dealt... its gonna be a busy time in Anaheim starting tmrw

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Without a deal in place to send out a forward for a goalie or defenseman, this doesn't make much sense from a Dallas perspective. Kinda seems like over-reaction to losing to a bigger St. Louis team.

I'm guessing we are going to close a deal on Bishop--sooner rather than later.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I'm really not that concerned about what price he gave Edmonton, the taxes in Alberta are insane. Texas has no state income tax, would definitely drop his price.

If he's taking a discount in Dallas, that would also be an automatic NMC. He isn't going to take a discount with the risk of being moved somewhere with high taxes during the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad