McKenzie: Bob McKenzie via Frank Seravalli: Lucic met with the Dallas Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Move Roussel & Janmark down a line and package Scevs in a trade.

Stars cap space is fine.

Scevior is a UFA

I'm being OCD and not wanting to break up Roussel - Faksa - Hemsky :laugh:

Me neither, but I assume Janmark can fit in there on the wing as well as he did when he was the original center for Hemsky and Roussel.

Lucic will sign in Anaheim and Fowler will be dealt... its gonna be a busy time in Anaheim starting tmrw

Why would they pay him instead of Lindholm? They are on a tight budget, if he wants that area so badly he can take a discount to stay with LA IMO.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Scevior is a UFA

Me neither, but I assume Janmark can fit in there on the wing as well as he did when he was the original center for Hemsky and Roussel.

Why would they pay him instead of Lindholm? They are on a tight budget, if he wants that area so badly he can take a discount to stay with LA IMO.

He was going to take a discount to stay in LA... but they only wanted to give him a 4 year deal and that was where negotiations came to a hault

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
is the first time that everyone can remember where the top UFA prize is so unwanted by all fans of every team?

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
How do Stars fans feel about Nill adding a big ticket UFA forward given the state of their D and goaltending?

Just curious, as I'd feel the money should be directed elsewhere but I also know nothing about the up-and-coming D that people have talked about.

Nill seems to think Lindell is the second coming of Jesus. I hope that's true. If not we are going to struggle. If the kids step up and we bolster the offense. Then watch the **** out

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
is the first time that everyone can remember where the top UFA prize is so unwanted by all fans of every team?

Id love him in Dallas if we had a spot. Given who is locked up, signing him while we already have the best offense in the league is a head scratcher

LowSodium

Jan 4, 2015
Dallas
If he's taking a discount in Dallas, that would also be an automatic NMC. He isn't going to take a discount with the risk of being moved somewhere with high taxes during the contract.

I think he's going to get at least a partial NMC wherever he signs. Assuming we don't resign any of our UFA dmen we have about 14m in cap space, I think Lucic would get 5-5.5 in Dallas, so that would leave us with 8.5-9m to upgrade our goalie and possibly sign or trade for a dman + give out a few cheap contracts to returning players.

Id love him in Dallas if we had a spot. Given who is locked up, signing him while we already have the best offense in the league is a head scratcher

I think it would be part of a bigger plan, Sharp probably involved.

So Dallas pinches their pennies, and don't re-sign Demers and Goligoski but they have 6+m for Lucic?

Management is pretty confident in our prospects, could be a gamble that pays off. I expect Dallas to still go for another dman though.

Last edited:

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
[/B]

He was going to take a discount to stay in LA... but they only wanted to give him a 4 year deal and that was where negotiations came to a hault

So you think Anaheim is going to pay him what exactly? He wants 6.5m allegedly, they can't pay him that much for any length of time.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
yeah, but no matter how talented Edmonton is, Dallas with Lucic is another step close to the Stanley Cup. The Stars with Lucic would be incredibly strong offensively. Lucic wouldn't have to play 1st line like he did in LA/Boston. He could easily end in 2nd or 3rd line, and do his job more than well. It will be interesting where he ends up playing. Edmonton or Dallas, either way, both teams would get better.

Strongly disagree. Stars problem isn't offense, it is the blueline and $9m spent on below average goaltending. Until those get addresses, Lucic is like chrome spinners on a Pinto.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
So Dallas pinches their pennies, and don't re-sign Demers and Goligoski but they have 6+m for Lucic?

Letting Demers and Goligoski go had more to do with the upcoming expansion draft than pinching pennies. A team can only protect 3 defensemen and I think with Klingberg and Johns being the two, the third choice was likely to be Lindell who cannot be protected because (if I'm not wrong) he is now in year 3 of his ELC and the expansion draft only protects unsigned draftees or players in year 1 or 2 of their ELCs, without counting towards your allowable limit. Goligoski and management definitely underwent negotiations, but he was likely looking for longer term and definitely wanted protection from the expansion, which management couldn't offer at the expense of Lindell. Demers was quite underwhelming as the season went along and was found quite wanting with his positioning and IQ in the playoffs. Johns essentially replaced him on that 2nd pairing.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Hopefully a big smokescreen for Okposo to Dallas. Then trade Eakin for a pick and a prospect and they're only spending a couple of million more for a vastly better player.

Have very little interest in a big money/term deal for Lucic in Dallas.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Hopefully a big smokescreen for Okposo to Dallas. Then trade Eakin for a pick and a prospect and they're only spending a couple of million more for a vastly better player.

Have very little interest in a big money/term deal for Lucic in Dallas.

This Jim Nill smokescreen nonsense is tiresome.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Or Eriksson makes a comeback. Man, that'd be sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad