NCAA Bob Knight passes away

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Any one want insight into the complex person that Bobby Knight was read Season on the Brink. It's written before a lot of the major issues, and gives great insight to his time at Indiana. One of the best sports books ever written.

Sep 19, 2008
Reactions: PanthersPens62

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
produced exactly one NBA player to make it to an All Star game

yeah!!!

The General did an excellent job of dragging himself through the mud with his crass behavior and abusive treatment of others. He doesn't need our help besmirching his name now that he's moved down south permanently where it's nice and hot

Good riddance to bad rubbish
Seven years in Lubbock was good prep.

636584850742461968-2592330.JPG

• Love
Reactions: Elvis P and Mike C

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
people sitting here behind their keyboards talking shit about a man who accomplished more and inspired more young men than you would in your lives :laugh:

"BUT HE BAD MAN"

yes, such a bad man that raised most of his young men the right way with tough love, got them to graduate (despite his Bachelor's degree being bull shit quote)

nobody is saying he was perfect but he did good things too. he wasn't a total jackass.
Yeah, there's been plenty of douchebags who have done some good things over the course of history. Doesn't mean they're not a douchebag though.

Reactions: Elvis P

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Reactions: Voight

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
people sitting here behind their keyboards talking shit about a man who accomplished more and inspired more young men than you would in your lives :laugh:

"BUT HE BAD MAN"

yes, such a bad man that raised most of his young men the right way with tough love, got them to graduate (despite his Bachelor's degree being bull shit quote)

nobody is saying he was perfect but he did good things too. he wasn't a total jackass.
It’s no different than that loser who used to work for SNL who’s trending because he made fun of Matthew Perry’s death. They think they’re better than someone who’s been in the spotlight simply because they’re irrelevant and no one would even care if they knew their flaws.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

"BUT HE BAD MAN"

So defending Bobby Knight for serial abuse and Dan Snyder for sex trafficking... interesting ideals of management you hold.

Reactions: Mike C

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
It’s no different than that loser who used to work for SNL who’s trending because he made fun of Matthew Perry’s death. They think they’re better than someone who’s been in the spotlight simply because they’re irrelevant and no one would even care if they knew their flaws.
I haven't strangled anyone at my workplace.

And his whole "He was just trying to get the most out of his own players" horseshit, or making better secretaries, university presidents, athletic directors, policemen, SIDs... it was a one way street. He went ballistic at the least amount of criticism. Certainly couldn't make him a better coach using his methodology.

Screw his cult of personality too.

• Love
Reactions: Mike C and DaaaaB's

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I haven't strangled anyone at my workplace.

And his whole "He was just trying to get the most out of his own players" horseshit, or making better secretaries, university presidents, athletic directors, policemen, SIDs... it was a one way street. He went ballistic at the least amount of criticism. Certainly couldn't make him a better coach using his methodology.

Screw his cult of personality too.
Just let the guy rot in the dirt then. Why people have to act like vultures and hyenas is beyond me.

I enjoyed his theatrics but understand that not all of what he did was right. I just don’t get why death has now become the opportunity for people to state their displeasure for one another.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Just let the guy rot in the dirt then. Why people have to act like vultures and hyenas is beyond me.

I enjoyed his theatrics but understand that not all of what he did was right. I just don’t get why death has now become the opportunity for people to state their displeasure for one another.
It's inevitable that his death would bring him up as a topic of discussion. Just lay back and enjoy it.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Just saw that "Sweet D" Walter Davis died. 69 years old

That guy was pretty funny. He said "I love when junkies die"

• Wow
Reactions: Hasbro

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
How is that funny though. You think people dream of being junkies when they’re young??
depends on how they're cultured and who their roles models are. in perry's case no i don't think he dreamt of that. in other cases yes i do believe that to be a fact.

it was funny because i like sardonic dark gallows humor. it's not funny that the guy died and having decades long sobriety, i am more than acutely aware of the nature of the disease. all that said, i thought it was a humorous line

i'm also keenly understanding of the fact that most of an addict's problems are of his own making

i'm also the guy who when a criminal gets killed while perpetrating a crime, i say with no compunction in the least "good, he got what he deserved"

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

It's obviously because his death put him in the news. Were you expecting people to randomly bash Knight on here when he was still alive. I mean I always bashed him if his name was brought up but I was hardly going to go start a thread about how much of a douche he is.

• Haha
Sep 19, 2008
It's obviously because his death put him in the news. Were you expecting people to randomly bash Knight on here when he was still alive. I mean I always bashed him if his name was brought up but I was hardly going to go start a thread about how much of a douche he is.
if that's true how come so many of his players and those serving under him are loyal to him

yes he's a controversial figure

yes he did bad things

but nobody's perfect. i suppose everyone here has no skeletons in their closet and has lived a perfect flawless life.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
if that's true how come so many of his players and those serving under him are loyal to him

yes he's a controversial figure

yes he did bad things

but nobody's perfect. i suppose everyone here has no skeletons in their closet and has lived a perfect flawless life.
Some of his former players also say he was a racist douche. I find you thinking that everyone has skeletons in their closet to be quite telling.

• Love

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
there's a pretty big difference between a coach who is able to get the most out of his players and one who is an abusive psychopath like bob knight was

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Didn't he kick his son in the leg during a timeout?
yes but we all have skeletons in our closet. so what that most of us don't kick our kids at all let alone in front of thousands. his son needed that jolt of "tough love"

freak bob knight. i wouldn't walk across the street to take a leak on him if i saw him on fire but i'll gladly go do it on his grave

Reactions: Power Man

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4