NCAA Bob Knight passes away

Elvis P

U aint nothin but a hound dog cryin all the time
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
1698927091705.png

Thank God. He was so racist he thought posing with Calbert Cheaney and a whip was funny.

Last edited:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Thank God. He was so racist he thought posing with Calbert Cheaney and a whip was funny.
Wrong. Race had zero to do with the Cal Cheaney incident. The media and the usual suspects tried to portray it as racist, surprise surprise. It was a joke that Cheaney thought was funny because the players had given Knight the whip as a gift. Had nothing to do with race. Bad optics, sure. Racist, no way. I hung out some with Cal and Alan Henderson when I went to IU. Sat next to Cal and Damon Bailey in a few classes. They loved Coach Knight and appreciated how much he cared about them. People would be utterly shocked at all the things Coach Knight did behind the scenes for black players, some of whom never even played for him.

In any case, RIP Coach. Tried his hardest to play by the rules and was more proud of his players graduating than the games they won. He taught classes at IU and donated huge sums of money to the library. One of the few coaches of a big-time program who wanted student-athletes to be equal parts both. He had more integrity in his pinky finger than most people have in their entire body.

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: PanthersPens62
Sep 19, 2008

Wrong. Knight was not an idiot. He knew the photo op was wrong. As soon as it happened civil rights leaders counseled the naive Cheaney on how racist it was. Knight hunted with other fascists such as Dick Cheney. You're obviously a biased IN alum.
What about noted African American Mike Woodson who adored and looked up to Bobby Knight and even invited him back on campus after Knight refused to go to IU for decades after his firing?

Knight was a controversial figure. Let's get that straight.

But he also had loyal supporters and treated them well in return. Some of his players still adore him like Coach K, Mike Woodson, Quinn Buckner, et al. Knight did things the right way. Was it controversial? Yes. But he also never ran afoul of the NCAA and had a sky high graduation rate.

Always respect the legend.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

Wrong. Knight was not an idiot. He knew the photo op was wrong. As soon as it happened civil rights leaders counseled the naive Cheaney on how racist it was. Knight hunted with other fascists such as Dick Cheney. You're obviously a biased IN alum.
I don't even care about IU sports. Just someone who went to school there and knew the player involved. So first you called Knight a racist. Now you call him a fascist because he hunted with a former vice president you don't like. You have nothing to stand on but baseless name calling and press mumbo jumbo.

Btw, one of the classes I sat next to Cal in was African-American history, in which we spent a solid week on slave rebellions and slavery. This was well before the whip incident. Cal needed no counseling on anything. He is a very smart and educated person.

All I was trying to do was set the record straight since I actually was close to the situation. The only bias is coming from you in calling a man a racist and now a fascist, when you are highly ignorant of the situation and don't know what you are talking about. Was hoping you cared more about the truth than dragging a dead man's name through the mud for something he wasn't. Double down on your ignorance or learn. Up to you.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
rip bobby. one of the greatest coaches.
produced exactly one NBA player to make it to an All Star game
I don't even care about IU sports. Just someone who went to school there and knew the player involved. So first you called Knight a racist. Now you call him a fascist because he hunted with a former vice president you don't like. You have nothing to stand on but baseless name calling and press mumbo jumbo.

Btw, one of the classes I sat next to Cal in was African-American history, in which we spent a solid week on slave rebellions and slavery. This was well before the whip incident. Cal needed no counseling on anything. He is a very smart and educated person.

All I was trying to do was set the record straight since I actually was close to the situation. The only bias is coming from you in calling a man a racist and now a fascist, when you are highly ignorant of the situation and don't know what you are talking about. Was hoping you cared more about the truth than dragging a dead man's name through the mud for something he wasn't. Double down on your ignorance or learn. Up to you.
yeah!!!

The General did an excellent job of dragging himself through the mud with his crass behavior and abusive treatment of others. He doesn't need our help besmirching his name now that he's moved down south permanently where it's nice and hot

Good riddance to bad rubbish

Reactions: Elvis P

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
produced exactly one NBA player to make it to an All Star game

yeah!!!

The General did an excellent job of dragging himself through the mud with his crass behavior and abusive treatment of others. He doesn't need our help besmirching his name now that he's moved down south permanently where it's nice and hot

Good riddance to bad rubbish
don't talk bad of the dead apperently you were never raised properly

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I forgot to mention Knight and Coach K were abusive monsters. They demanded composure but didn't have it. Knight made Steve Alford walk home from the airport in the winter because Alford raised $ for handicapped people. Coach K let Laettner hit Grant Hill during practices.

Last edited:

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
don't talk bad of the dead apperently you were never raised properly
i was raised quite properly, i'm not a hypocrite. i talked bad of him while he was living, i'm not gonna suddenly bow down to a chair throwing, player choking, secretary abusing, official berating, media condescending piece of dung now that he got what was coming to him

neil reid says hi

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
i was raised quite properly, i'm not a hypocrite. i talked bad of him while he was living, i'm not gonna suddenly bow down to a chair throwing, player choking, secretary abusing, official berating, media condescending piece of dung now that he got what was coming to him

neil reid says hi
classy.. dont be surprised if someone does the same about you when your gone then.

Reactions: John Price

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
classy.. dont be surprised if someone does the same about you when your gone then.
i've never thrown a chair, head butted an employee, threw a vase, kicked my son in public, hit a cop in a foreign country, knuckled up in a restaurant, made racist remarks in public or knocked someone out of a chair for disagreeing with me

ron felling says hi

Sep 19, 2008
people sitting here behind their keyboards talking shit about a man who accomplished more and inspired more young men than you would in your lives :laugh:

"BUT HE BAD MAN"

yes, such a bad man that raised most of his young men the right way with tough love, got them to graduate (despite his Bachelor's degree being bull shit quote)

nobody is saying he was perfect but he did good things too. he wasn't a total jackass.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
people sitting here behind their keyboards talking shit about a man who accomplished more and inspired more young men than you would in your lives :laugh:

"BUT HE BAD MAN"

yes, such a bad man that raised most of his young men the right way with tough love, got them to graduate (despite his Bachelor's degree being bull shit quote)

nobody is saying he was perfect but he did good things too. he wasn't a total jackass.
isn't that right, teddy valentine....you got it lou henson, robert montgomery knight, now over to you mrs. hartgraves

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Mike C is taking a kid to school in funny posts. I'd give Mike's posts a 😂 vote but I don't want a misunderstanding. I'm not mocking Mike C, I'm laughing with him. @Mike C

• Love
Reactions: Mike C

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad