Bob Cole to retire after calling 10 games in 2019 (update-16 games, last Habs-Leafs April 6th)

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I realize this post is old but im american and not that old but i love bob cole. Its a shame i havent been able to watch him more.

People in the States are aware of him?He makes a garbage game sound good! Oh baby everything is happening now.lol. One of the best for sure.

Reactions: yada

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Hes still better than a few of the PBP guys in their prime today. He makes mistakes, but he can still capture the excitement.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Naive? How? If I were in Hughson's shoes I'd do the same thing. There would be nothing quite like Cole calling another Finals.

It's not Hughson 's call, and making a move like that can backfire on Hughson's career. There's no need for him to challenge their decision.

His job is to oblige his contract, and call the games he is obligated to call. He works for Rogers. Rogers doesn't work for him.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
It's not Hughson 's call, and making a move like that can backfire on Hughson's career. There's no need for him to challenge their decision.

His job is to oblige his contract, and call the games he is obligated to call. He works for Rogers. Rogers doesn't work for him.

How? Cole is retiring after this season anyways. It's not as if fans will think less of him.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
How? Cole is retiring after this season anyways. It's not as if fans will think less of him.

It has nothing to do with Cole. There is a small chance that Rogers might take Hughson's hypothetical request the wrong way. If something like that ever became public, it's going to look bad on Rogers if they didn't grant it. It's up to Rogers to look at the pros and cons of allowing Cole to call the finals, and the employees must live with whatever decision they arrived to.

Like I said, Hughson should just worry about holding up his end of the contract with Rogers. He's not paid to make those decisions for them. No need for him to rock the boat and potentially get an unearned reputation in the broadcast world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad